Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors: Double points in 2013 Q1

Hilton Honors: Double points in 2013 Q1

Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by diver858
Not following you - please elaborate.
With VS you get 1000 miles per stay (baseline) or 2000 miles per stay if you select double airline miles, choose fixed miles, and stay in HGI or higher categories. If you do mostly one-night stays in HGI or full service hotels, it is equivalent to 4k (2k VS = 4k Hilton) HHonors points per stay on top of regular point earnings and top tier amenities. In this case the promo adds an additional 2k Hhonors per stay, which works well if you pay less than $200 per night and typically do one night stays.

SG
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by holtju2
1. Folio less than $200 - Double Miles and VS as your DD Fixed Partner
Help. I have couple of one night stays coming up next month with folio ~$130. My current preference is set to Points+fixed miles. I credit miles to AA. With this promotion, should I choose Double miles which will get me 1000 AA miles per stay?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by aglp2k
Help. I have couple of one night stays coming up next month with folio ~$130. My current preference is set to Points+fixed miles. I credit miles to AA. With this promotion, should I choose Double miles which will get me 1000 AA miles per stay?
My thee point advise was mainly for those that prefer maximizing their Hilton HHonors point earnings. You need to make your own decision whether:

1. Collecting AA miles makes most sense for you
2. Do you prefer 1300 bonus HH points over 500 bonus AA miles
3. Or would it be better to double dip with VS to maximize HH earnings

I don't think that there is an answer that fits everybody.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Have you tried the ES that's 1/2 a mile away? (It's a promo-eligible property.)
Yes, I have stayed there too. I've come to a conclusion that I'm not too fond of ES' anymore, especially as a Diamond. It's like everyone, no matter the level, gets my benefit. Breakfasts are a madhouse because everyone gets it. And I'm always weary that one day, I'm going to witness a customer jump from the top floor and land on my pancakes. I don't like the interior of ES'.

No more Embassy Suites. HGI is just a better hotel for elites.

P.S.: Burlington MA HGI is like home.

Spock Seat
Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
With VS you get 1000 miles per stay (baseline) or 2000 miles per stay if you select double airline miles, choose fixed miles, and stay in HGI or higher categories. If you do mostly one-night stays in HGI or full service hotels, it is equivalent to 4k (2k VS = 4k Hilton) HHonors points per stay on top of regular point earnings and top tier amenities. In this case the promo adds an additional 2k Hhonors per stay, which works well if you pay less than $200 per night and typically do one night stays.

SG
Are you sure about this? I thought we got 500 base VS miles at HGI, ES, ect and 100 at Hampton/Homewood. First qtr promo doubles to 1000, convert to Honors at 2000, still the best option for $100 one night stays.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kmandrew
Are you sure about this? I thought we got 500 base VS miles at HGI, ES, ect and 100 at Hampton/Homewood. First qtr promo doubles to 1000, convert to Honors at 2000, still the best option for $100 one night stays.
The miles earnings are NOT uniform but depend of the partner in question. You can read more about Double Dipping with airlines here.

Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:43 am
alc

Here is the link from Hilton Honors:

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/earn-u...ing/index.html

Click VARIABLE MILES PARTNERS: EUROPE, THE MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA for the Virgin Atlantic Airways and it state:

Earn 2 Flying Club miles per eligible US dollar spent at hotels and resorts within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands. (Up to 100 miles per stay at Home2 Suites.)

and Click FIXED MILES PARTNERS: EUROPE, THE MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA for the Virgin Atlantic Airways and it state:

Earn 1,000 Flying Club miles per stay at Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn and Hilton Grand Vacations. Earn 200 Flying Club miles per stay at Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites. Earn 100 Flying Club miles per stay at Home2 Suites.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:54 am

So call me confused; just called the DD and was told 500 miles? I looked at your link and it mentioned non American hotels; so it's 1000 in Europe and 500 in the US?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
So call me confused; just called the DD and was told 500 miles? I looked at your link and it mentioned non American hotels; so it's 1000 in Europe and 500 in the US?
The Diamond Desk rep probably "assumed" that VS was 500 like all the other partners; it was 1000 miles each for two stays of mine last week in the States. I had a variable miles Homewood stay post at the 2x rate a few weeks ago as well. So, if you opt for double miles for Q1, you would, indeed, earn a base 1000 miles/stay (other than H/H), plus 1000 promo miles, which converts back to Hilton points as a net yield of 4000 points per stay (plus base and elite).
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: Lots
For everyone considering switching their earning style to VS miles keep in mind that you need a minimum of 10k miles to switch, earning you 20k HH points. So if you have less than 5 Hilton stays coming up those VS miles are just going to be sitting there for awhile.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:02 am

Worked

Thanks, registration double points for 2013 quarter 1 worked for me.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up. This promo will work well for me!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:22 am

For me Double Miles is a no brainer; just called and found I have 23k VS miles I forgot about; add around 30k for this promo and it might make sense to use them as miles. I assume 100k is a Business Class ticket to Europe, I'll have to go to the Virgin forum and check it out (they probably have huge fuel surcharges).
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

(they probably have huge fuel surcharges).
You are right. The fuel surcharges are horrendous but work for some routes like HKG-SYD. For US-London, you can expect to pay around $1K in taxes/fees.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
[QUOTE=holtju2;19903262]462 non participating properties.

Bleeping amazing!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.