Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Unobtanium, HHonors Diamond, Total Rewards Seven Stars
Diamond = Deck of Cards

Thanks so much, Hilton!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Lolwut?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Er, OK, I'll play along .................................................. ...............

Gold = Box of Chocolates
Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
How about "Diamond = Bupkis" ??

Starwood sent me an e-card.
Marriott sent me nothing.

If some Diamonds are getting a deck of cards and I didn't, then dammit I'm going to post about it in that long "Least Substantial Thing to Complain About" thread...
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I got a thank you e-card from the Doubletree Unirii Place in Bucharest this morning, does that count?

Neil
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
I stay about 100 nights a year and havent seen anything more than an email
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess the Joke(r) is on us
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:25 pm

Programs: CO-Plat/UA-1P, HHonors-Gold
I guess if you're into HHonors and Sky Miles you're getting a full dose of vices this year:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ame-today.html

That or Hilton sent you a Silver, Gold and Diamond card so you could have a complete set.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:16 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Rickers
Er, OK, I'll play along .................................................. ...............

Gold = Box of Chocolates
Silver = thanks for playing (we don't mean it really, either increase your stays or just go away, do us both a favor)
Originally Posted by kidtechno
Diamond = Deck of Cards Thanks so much, Hilton!
a deck of cards?? big whoop.

How about Hilton sending Diamonds a cert that decreases %/number of points needed for an award or confirmed upgrade cert or (insert something relevant to a Hilton stay here)
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:06 am
gof

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Gold
Definitely a box of chocolates.

I was surprised on my week long stay (this week) at the HGI at Montreal airport to find a white fluffy Hilton robe with my (first) name embroidered on it lying on my bed the third night as a thank you. Note this was my first time staying at this hotel! I just re-achieved Diamond a few weeks ago after a year of Gold so perhaps that was a factor? Of course, it has my "proper" name on it, not my nickname, but still it was a nice touch.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by BuckleandBoots
I guess if you're into HHonors and Sky Miles you're getting a full dose of vices this year:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ame-today.html
*drools*

(Although I'd rather get a 25-year Glenfarclas than Johnnie Blue, beggars can't be choosers... )
Old Jan 29, 2013, 6:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
HHonors Diamond card games trivia

I just received my and Lady JDiver's Diamond cards (we share a Mutual Fund Account) - expiry 03/2015 - in a nice cardboard folio-type box with a deck of cards and a booklet with a nice illustrated half-page booklet with instructions on how to play several games and a paragraph on a location each game is played and a Hilton property there.

You can find the games and rules at www.hhonors.com/cardgames, which in turn leads to a Hilton HHonors Facebookpage with links to games rules in different languages:
  • English Rules
  • Japanese Rules
  • Korean Rules
  • Portuguese
  • Russian Rules
  • Spanish Rules
  • French Rules
  • German Rules
  • Chinese Rules
Games covered:
  • GO FISH - PLACE PLAYED: USA
  • FAN TAN - PLACE PLAYED: UNITED KINGDOM
  • DAM - PLACE PLAYED: CAMEROON
  • SWEDISH RUMMY - PLACE PLAYED: AUSTRALIA
  • DA SAN - PLACE PLAYED: CHINA
  • PAGE ONE - PLACE PLAYED: JAPAN
  • KAISER - PLACE PLAYED: CANADA
  • ÉCARTÉ - PLACE PLAYED: FRANCE
  • SUECA - PLACE PLAYED: BRAZIL
I wonder, for the significant investment, what kind of a return on investment they can expect?

(It's mildly appreciated, but a bottle of Lagavulin would have been best. )
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
I just received my and Lady JDiver's Diamond cards (we share a Mutual Fund Account) - expiry 03/2015.
Bonjour M. Diver,
Did you get the extended two-year renewal because you've reached a milestone? Last year, those who maintained 10 consecutive years as a Diamond got a three-year renewal.

According to corporate, I should be getting a three-year renewal with my new card in 2013, but I haven't received it yet. Just wondering who gets two years.

Bamboola
Old Jan 31, 2013, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by bamboola
Bonjour M. Diver,
Did you get the extended two-year renewal because you've reached a milestone? Last year, those who maintained 10 consecutive years as a Diamond got a three-year renewal.

According to corporate, I should be getting a three-year renewal with my new card in 2013, but I haven't received it yet. Just wondering who gets two years.

Bamboola
I just got a two year renewal for diamond and I only have the AMEX Surpass card. What's strange though is I hit the $40k on my AMEX mark in late 2012 and they sent me a diamond card almost immediately with a 3/2014 expiration date. Just yesterday I received a new card (and a 2nd deck of cards, woohoo ) with a 3/2015 expiration. I have no idea why.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Hmmm.

Wonder if I'll get some- still waiting for the new membership card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.