Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by klavkonz
So does this mean I'm SOL if I booked several advanced purchase rates back in November for stays in December?
Originally Posted by StephenW
Unfortunately, yes.

You can try to contact the property and see if they can work something out with you in terms of applying all/some of the difference towards on property spending. Worst they can say is no.
This is what we did, sort of. Basically we got them to instantly upgrade us to a top-level suite. While it would have been nice to have gotten in on the cheaper sale prices, I understand that when you prepay in advance, you take your chances. Our stay begins on Dec 22, and we had to be in a specific hotel, so there was really no room to wait it out.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: United 1K
Great deal!!!! thanks for all the info.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: HHonors-D, Delta Silver, IHG Plat
Great Deal!

Nice Christmas suprise from Hilton. Saved serious bucks on our holiday vist back home.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tsastor
+1

I feel all this speculation has been totally unnecessary. If it is stated in the T&C that this rate earns points, it should be clear that it counts for miles, stay and night credit as well. Or has anyone in fact ever experienced anything else?
The only way to know today is if someone in the past stayed using F&F and will post what if anything did they earn Pts,Miles ,stay Credit

But the last thing I would do is Assume anything.btw on an Award stay we do earn a Stay Credit but Ive never received any Miles , so its very possible with this promo that indeed we will earn Only pts and nothing else
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:21 am

thanks op.

Too bad that I booked a stay at a non-refundable rate 3 days ago. Call the Hotel and they said they can't see this promotion... asked me call the 800- number, which I know they definitely won't honor me this rate because of non-refundable policy.

Anything else can I do to save $100+?

Thanks
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by craz
The only way to know today is if someone in the past stayed using F&F and will post what if anything did they earn Pts,Miles ,stay Credit

But the last thing I would do is Assume anything.btw on an Award stay we do earn a Stay Credit but Ive never received any Miles , so its very possible with this promo that indeed we will earn Only pts and nothing else
I would much prefer to earn stay credit than anything, given the promo had taken down the price so low, so there are very few points I could earn anyway.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:39 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Cool. Got a night at Hilton Narita for wife for 6500 yen.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by caikose
thanks op.

Too bad that I booked a stay at a non-refundable rate 3 days ago. Call the Hotel and they said they can't see this promotion... asked me call the 800- number, which I know they definitely won't honor me this rate because of non-refundable policy.

Anything else can I do to save $100+?

Thanks
If you are going to stay at this hotel again after Jan 7, you might want to call the hotel and ask to switch the non refundable reservation to that stay and then rebook the first stay using the thank you rate if both rates are still available. I've had some good luck With changing a non refundable stay if it's a hotel I frequent. It can't hurt to try.

Welcome to FT.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tsastor
+1

I feel all this speculation has been totally unnecessary. If it is stated in the T&C that this rate earns points, it should be clear that it counts for miles, stay and night credit as well. Or has anyone in fact ever experienced anything else?
No, the T&C say it would earn points, not miles or stay or night credit.

In a matter of fact, I just called HHONORS and the agent found this promo, and in what listed in his memo about the promo is "you earn points only, NO MILES, NO STAY OR NIGHT CREDIT" !

He also mentioned in general all friends and family rate do not earn anything except you still get your gold or diamond benefits. This promo is the exception that one would earn points.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
In a matter of fact, I just called HHONORS and the agent found this promo, and in what listed in his memo about the promo is "you earn points only, NO MILES, NO STAY OR NIGHT CREDIT" !
Interesting. I think I'll leave mine at points and fixed miles and see what happens anyway . The points+points is really low for many of these bookings, I'd much rather try to see if the computer will give me miles anyway. 5x on Chase Freedom for paying for the stay will help lessen the pain of fewer points as well .
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Interesting. I think I'll leave mine at points and fixed miles and see what happens anyway . The points+points is really low for many of these bookings, I'd much rather try to see if the computer will give me miles anyway. 5x on Chase Freedom for paying for the stay will help lessen the pain of fewer points as well .
And actually I would still book one night to see what happens, as it is DT Chicago downtown for $39, I won't lose much.

Originally I thought I would jump start the new year to get 4 stays off my hand for $200, as since they increase the stays for gold and diamond for 2013 qualification, oh well I guess I will have to wait.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:59 pm
Suspended

He also mentioned in general all friends and family rate do not earn anything except you still get your gold or diamond benefits. This promo is the exception that one would earn points.
Im holding reses both ways, since my 1st stay is on 12/24 I will wait and see if Stay credit appears by those who would have stayed before my date.If no Stay credit (which I expect will be the case) then I will simply CX both 50% off reses
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton

With all the speculations and no definate or conclusive answers from the different Hilton sources as to points, airline miles or stay credits, here's another question: Booking via this 50 % promo, can someone then trigger a stay credit, points, miles by making incidental charges (meals, long distance charges, etc.) which would then usually result in at least some HHonors points and miles for the incidentals if the reservation was made as a reward stay? Would that be a way to force a stay credit, points, and airline miles with the promo bookings?

bj-21.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by blackjack-21
With all the speculations and no definate or conclusive answers from the different Hilton sources as to points, airline miles or stay credits, here's another question: Booking via this 50 % promo, can someone then trigger a stay credit, points, miles by making incidental charges (meals, long distance charges, etc.) which would then usually result in at least some HHonors points and miles for the incidentals if the reservation was made as a reward stay? Would that be a way to force a stay credit, points, and airline miles with the promo bookings?

bj-21.
Over the yrs between PL,being walked by another Hotel, I did get everything when I had an incidental or 2. But the stays werent booked via HH. Im not so sure it would work with this promo since its all HH

Unfortunately I cant chance it myself since I plan to end up with 28 stays (wasnt planning on sticking with HH) so I dont have any room for error this year and if by 12/21 no one posts they got Stay credit I must CX my reses under the promo and pay the higher MVP rate.

wish they ran this last yr then I would most certainly would have let it ride last Jan as there would still be a whole yr to get the needed Stays done
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blackjack-21

bj-21.
There is definate and conclusive answer: POINTS ONLY, and NOTHING else. (read post #1, someone had also emailed HHONORS other than myself calling)

The incidental only only calculate as extra points/miles.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Dec 12, 2012 at 10:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.