Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What are the best category 7 Hilton properties for an AXON award?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2012, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

Hello all-

I'm new to Hilton HHonors points redemptions. I'm in the process of getting the Hilton HHonors AMEX and will soon have over 145,000 HHonors points, which I understand I can use for a 4 night AXON award at any category 7 Hilton property. Is that correct?

What are the best Hilton/Conrad properties worldwide to use such an award at? Also, can someone explain why the award chart says that Category 7 hotels are 50,000 points per night, but when I checked availability for a few nights at Conrad Maldives, it said that it would cost 400,000+ points per night?

Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Hello all-

I'm new to Hilton HHonors points redemptions. I'm in the process of getting the Hilton HHonors AMEX and will soon have over 145,000 HHonors points, which I understand I can use for a 4 night AXON award at any category 7 Hilton property. Is that correct? - Yes

What are the best Hilton/Conrad properties worldwide to use such an award at? Also, can someone explain why the award chart says that Category 7 hotels are 50,000 points per night, but when I checked availability for a few nights at Conrad Maldives, it said that it would cost 400,000+ points per night? - This is not a standard room you're looking at; 50K is for a standard room. 400K is some sort of premium room. Best value is generally determined by location. Hong Kong, London, Seychelles, etc., go for hundreds per night. If you want the most bang for your buck on an AXON award, find a high-end destination....and book early on for best chances.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
OK. Thanks. So are there some category 7 hotels that have no standard rooms and will always be more than 50,000 points? I just typed in a few dates for Conrad Maldives and they all came up as well over 50,000 points required. Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
OK. Thanks. So are there some category 7 hotels that have no standard rooms and will always be more than 50,000 points? I just typed in a few dates for Conrad Maldives and they all came up as well over 50,000 points required. Thanks.
Change your dates of availability and something will come up. For example, 4/15/13-4/19/13.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Ok, thanks. I had tried a few nights but I guess not enough.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Reminder AXON cannot be redeemed online.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Hello all-

I'm new to Hilton HHonors points redemptions. I'm in the process of getting the Hilton HHonors AMEX and will soon have over 145,000 HHonors points, which I understand I can use for a 4 night AXON award at any category 7 Hilton property. Is that correct?

What are the best Hilton/Conrad properties worldwide to use such an award at? Also, can someone explain why the award chart says that Category 7 hotels are 50,000 points per night, but when I checked availability for a few nights at Conrad Maldives, it said that it would cost 400,000+ points per night?

Thanks.
Hilton Oceanfront Suites, Ocean city, Maryland, USA during the summer weeks is one of the best redemption for AXON in Cat. 7.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL PM
Originally Posted by sjuhawk_jd
Hilton Oceanfront Suites, Ocean city, Maryland, USA during the summer weeks is one of the best redemption for AXON in Cat. 7.
I always laugh a bit when I see Ocean City, MD simply because there is a DOT mileage sign in my city (Sacramento, CA) on highway 80 that says "Ocean City, MD 3037" or something close...nothing like preparing early!

edit: found it
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by sjuhawk_jd
Seriously? Maybe if you live on the east coast and you are absolutely dead set on spending time there during the crazy summer months when they have ridiculous inflated rates and you want to drive. I can think of a bunch of other places I would rather use a Cat. 7 AXON award at. To each his own!

Would you recommend to use SPG points at one of the Pocono resorts too?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Molino Stuckey, Venice
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by gemac
Yes, agreed!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gemac
I think that one is next on my list.

Originally Posted by biosurfer1
I always laugh a bit when I see Ocean City, MD simply because there is a DOT mileage sign in my city (Sacramento, CA) on highway 80 that says "Ocean City, MD 3037" or something close...nothing like preparing early!

edit: found it
That's 50, not 80

And that would be a LONG drive on 50.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Lots of threads on related topics in this forum, which you might find useful. Perhaps use search words such as "favorite," for instance.

Also, I'm not sure it's worth it to you to go as far as some of the places I'll list for just four nights - you might want to accumulate more HH points first so you can spend more time there - but of the places I've been to:

French Polynesia: Bora Bora and Moorea hotels (with Bora Bora being the even nicer of these two very nice properties, though Moorea having its own advantages, including being easier and cheaper to get to from Tahiti, which is where your international flight would land).
Seychelles: Labriz and Northolme are both great (though between the two, definitely Labriz).
Indonesia: Conrad Bali
Hong Kong: Conrad Hong Kong

Also, a couple I haven't been to:

Thailand: Conrad Koh Samui (which I'll be going to in February)
Maldives: Conrad Maldives (which I'd imagine is great, based on reviews I've read and on my stay at another Maldives property which regrettably has since left the Hilton system, the Beach House Maldives)

Happy trails!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:48 pm

Hilton Sydney!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
London in the summer.

DT Times square New Years eve (great use of an Axon when rates are $5K to over $7,000 for JUST new years eve night)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.