Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Anyweekend Anywhere Sale 2012/2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyweekend Anywhere Sale 2012/2013

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
That is hardly a deal at HKD 2662 = US 382 !
Probably for you and me but our FT colleague is a Banker!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 1:34 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by more4less
Probably for you and me but our FT colleague is a Banker!
Heh, beginning of January is pretty expensive in HK because of New Year, so I got Conrad for the same price I would have paid for much lesser properties further away from where I need to be.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi NickB,

normally in the small print of the promo it mentions that this is valid only for new bookings...but in my experience, many times, I have received the extra points/miles for bookings made before registering.
Thanks but I am even more confused: this is a sale rate rather than a promo requiring registration, so there is no need to register to benefit from this rate.
Or do you mean that, if one books that rate, and a a later promo appears, then in all likelihood those pre-booked stays will not be eligible for that later promo?

If this is what is meant, there is no reason why those rates should not qualify for a promo one has already registered for (other than any stay credit promo, which is explicitly excluded by the T&Cs), is there?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Hi NickB,

normally in the small print of the promo it mentions that this is valid only for new bookings...but in my experience, many times, I have received the extra points/miles for bookings made before registering.
I think you mean stay rather than booking...In the past it has made no difference if you made the booking before or past the registration for the promo, but in general the stay needs to be completed after the date of registration.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by NickB
If this is what is meant, there is no reason why those rates should not qualify for a promo one has already registered for (other than any stay credit promo, which is explicitly excluded by the T&Cs), is there?
Don't worry. In the past this promo rate has always qualified for the quaterly HH promos.

Admittedly, I havn't checked if this has been changed for this specifik promo, i.e. whether the rate is excluded, but highly unlikely IMO)
Old Nov 21, 2012, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I think you mean stay rather than booking...In the past it has made no difference if you made the booking before or past the registration for the promo, but in general the stay needs to be completed after the date of registration.
Hi SK AAR,

yes you are right but I assumed, my mistake, that nobody would pretend to claim points for a stay previous to the start of the promo/registration.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
The discount in the Americas is only 15% so it is likely that all the other various offers yield a better price. This works best in locations where they don't have "Corporate benefits employee offer" rate loaded".

Personally, I don't book rates that are prepaid, noncancelable, and nonrefundable as my plans change often.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by david4455
MVP rate still wins out ...at least w/ the US hotels.
That's what I am seeing too.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by NickB
Thanks but I am even more confused: this is a sale rate rather than a promo requiring registration, so there is no need to register to benefit from this rate.
Or do you mean that, if one books that rate, and a a later promo appears, then in all likelihood those pre-booked stays will not be eligible for that later promo?

Hi NickB,

I am sorry for my poor explanation and I hope that after SK AAR posts it is clear.

In any case, what I understand is:

1) These rates are valid for previous promos you have already signed, for instance the current promo of 1000 bonus points on certain nights of the week while it lasts(up to the 31st/Dec IIRC).

2) If you book this rate for a stay in the future and Hilton launches a new promo after your booking but before your stay, according to the small print, even if you register, your stay might not be eligible for the promo, but past experience shows that most of the times you get the bonus points and/or miles.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
This is a great deal for Europe where I'm finding rates <$100 USD all over Eastern and Southern Europe (PRG, WAW, BUD, DBV, MAD). It often includes weekdays for the same price or just a few dollars more.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Don't worry. In the past this promo rate has always qualified for the quaterly HH promos.

Admittedly, I havn't checked if this has been changed for this specifik promo, i.e. whether the rate is excluded, but highly unlikely IMO)
Hi NickB,

I am sorry for my poor explanation and I hope that after SK AAR posts it is clear.

In any case, what I understand is:

1) These rates are valid for previous promos you have already signed, for instance the current promo of 1000 bonus points on certain nights of the week while it lasts(up to the 31st/Dec IIRC).

2) If you book this rate for a stay in the future and Hilton launches a new promo after your booking but before your stay, according to the small print, even if you register, your stay might not be eligible for the promo, but past experience shows that most of the times you get the bonus points and/or miles.
Thanks to both of you. This all makes perfect sense, now.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 7:24 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I am finding zero availability at all locations I have checked. Very disappointing
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
I am finding zero availability at all locations I have checked. Very disappointing
Which locations? Searched at a few locations in Asia and all turned up some great rates.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 7:42 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by StephenW
Which locations? Searched at a few locations in Asia and all turned up some great rates.
Also good rates all over Europe.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Heh, beginning of January is pretty expensive in HK because of New Year, so I got Conrad for the same price I would have paid for much lesser properties further away from where I need to be.
Several years ago when Hilton had a 50% off weekend sale in Asia, I paid half of what you are paying HKD 1224 = US 158 in January !

Originally Posted by holtju2
The discount in the Americas is only 15% so it is likely that all the other various offers yield a better price. This works best in locations where they don't have "Corporate benefits employee offer" rate loaded".

Personally, I don't book rates that are prepaid, noncancelable, and nonrefundable as my plans change often.
Agree, and it is even more expensive than the weekend rate adv. purchase, that I don't even need to purchase months ahead to a rate like this, I can still get it with a week or two adv. purchase.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Nov 24, 2012 at 11:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.