Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hurricane Sandy/Frankenstorm Weather Waivers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2012, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat

Anyone know if Hilton Honors is giving weather waivers (credits or refunds) for advance purchase (prepaid) reservations in east coast hotels where the airlines have issued waivers for Hurricane Sandy/Frankenstorm from 10/29 to 10/31/12?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
The Hilton New York is not, unless your flight has been cancelled. No measure of hang up call again changed this.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:59 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Call the hotel and see what they are doing. Barring any forced evacuation of an area though, if the hotel is open, there is really no reason for them to offer a waiver.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Hampton Pennsville NJ

I got stuck with 161 dollar fee when all my flights into Philly were canceled. The Hampton Inn manager said no way they were waiving the cancellation fee. I spent 45 minutes calling my travel agent to cancel the trip after hours on Saturday finally just gave up holding. Had i have known about this policy i would have called myself even though it was less than 24hrs.

Well i called HHonors since they stated they are waiving all cancelation fees in the press. An hour later the hotel manager said he was crediting me for one night stay this week since im back out here. I am happy but having spent 30 nights at this hotel in the last 12 monthes and plans for another 30 nights it shouldnt have been so hard but i would have canceled all my future stays here if it wasnt removed.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:37 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by toy4two2
I got stuck with 161 dollar fee when all my flights into Philly were canceled. The Hampton Inn manager said no way they were waiving the cancellation fee. I spent 45 minutes calling my travel agent to cancel the trip after hours on Saturday finally just gave up holding. Had i have known about this policy i would have called myself even though it was less than 24hrs.

Well i called HHonors since they stated they are waiving all cancelation fees in the press. An hour later the hotel manager said he was crediting me for one night stay this week since im back out here. I am happy but having spent 30 nights at this hotel in the last 12 monthes and plans for another 30 nights it shouldnt have been so hard but i would have canceled all my future stays here if it wasnt removed.

Was yours a prepaid reservation? They treat those differently and are way less likely to refund those.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:21 pm

The Hilton website had an announcement up during Sandy saying that cancellation fees would be waived for storm-affected areas. As mentioned previously, prepaid 'reservations' are really prepaid bookings that can't be cancelled. I know I canceled a reservation at a Homewood Suites with < 24 hr notice during Sandy, and was not charged. Since the Hilton site had the announcement, perhaps if the local property is not cooperating, try contacting Hilton customer support rather than the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.