Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel {US-NV}

Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
Gold and Diamond members receive a $13 per person room charge credit. Solo travellers asking nicely can receive a $26 credit by having the room listed as double occupancy. (or just book for two)

Credit can be used at most on-property venues except Chill'm. Gratuities cannot be applied against this credit. You are not obliged to apply this credit against breakfast.

Breakfast buffet costs $26. A take-away breakfast is available at the food court for $13.

Resorts fees are NOT added to award stays using all points.
Print Wikipost

Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel {US-NV}

Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:28 am
cjd

Don't forget you've got a resort charge of $35 plus taxes, which more than doubles the $39 rate. Some dates the rate is $29 plus resort fee and taxes. Having said that, on one of our last stays, we got an amazing upgrade to a 2 storey penthouse suite on the top 2 floors!
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott premier platinum, Hilton gold
Originally Posted by cjd
Don't forget you've got a resort charge of $35 plus taxes, which more than doubles the $39 rate. Some dates the rate is $29 plus resort fee and taxes. Having said that, on one of our last stays, we got an amazing upgrade to a 2 storey penthouse suite on the top 2 floors!
That is really lucky... I just got what I thought a minimum upgrade from club tower to the paradise tower. They probably know this is the first time I've got the Vegas.
And, resort fee can't be avoided if I wanna live right side of the strip.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: Marriott premier platinum, Hilton gold
Originally Posted by George M
You will receive a daily food & beverage credit. It is essentially good for 50% off of the breakfast buffet price, per person, for up to two adults. You can use that credit at any restaurant on the property (except Starbucks, I think), and for any meal.

The rub I have seen with the Tropicana is that it is a DT property, but they don't extend full tier benefits for Gold & Diamond, particularly as it relates to breakfast.

But, you're right about the price - during the down times, the Tropicana can be an absolute steal.
Good news, I asked the staff there and they said the Starbucks is included. $13 per person per day.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:13 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I stayed there this past October and as a HH Gold, I had a $13.00 food & beverage credit per day of the stay* and the check-in agent said I could use it anywhere on the property-and the check-in agent said that the f&b credit is based on double occupancy ($26.00) and where I was traveling solo, he bumped it to $26 fir me so if you're traveling solo, it cant hurt to ask

*I can't remember if it takes effect the day after the stay starts or not so I would ask and I did eat on the property my first day so I don't know
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:14 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Just to add to the conversation-

Currently at the property- was upgraded from a club tower king to 2-room suite with hot tub, dry and wet sauna in room. Paid 33,000 HH points a night, which worked out decently with my math if I included the resort fee in the paid rate.

Breakfast benefit is awesome. You can elect to get a to-go buffet for the $13 daily credit, which is what I did. Decent buffet with a lot of options (though no Wicked Spoon or Wynn Buffet). Starbucks works too. Only place they said I couldn’t use it was the “Chill’n” bar. Can be used outside of breakfast too.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Question for anyone that's stayed recently:

Can the Robert Irvine Public House be billed to the room? Or is it a separate dining "complex"?

The DT's Tropicana website is woefully un-updated, as it today says "Check back with us for more details surrounding the new restaurant concept (PDF) from celebrity chef Robert Irvine, debuting in 2017."

I'm trying to use the "Spend $225 at DT and get a $45 AMEX statement credit" offer, but the room rate alone isn't enough. I'm not sure if the resort fee counts as a "room rate and room charges". Been looking for an excuse to try the new restaurant anyway. I'm Diamond, so I *think* I won't be billed for breakfast.
Yes you can bill to room.

Adey
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Just addressing this part, the last couple of times I stayed I was given a $12/day F&B folio credit for use at certain specific restaurants/coffee shops/etc on the property. I think I recall that the list wasn't exhaustive - didn't include every restaurant. I skipped it both times because I was in a hurry, but just be aware that there is no direct "free breakfast for Diamonds". I have read in this thread that if you tell them at check in that there are two guests staying in the room you will get the credit x2, but I haven't tried it myself.
Of course it works. Only one person needs to check in and the cost per room for two people is the same as the cost for one person.... so always book as "2 adults" or mention that there are two people staying at check in if you've already reserved a room as "1 adult". They may ask the other persons name - just make one up, or decline to say which is what I say. (They probably think I'm sneeking my mistress in ha ha).

As far as I know, the credit is good everywhere except that funky little bar near the cashiers, "Buzz-em's" or something like that.

Adey
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Bonehead
I just called the Trop and the reservations person wasn't sure and referred me to HHonors.

The HHonors rep verified that there are no resort fees on "full points stays" at the Tropicana as per what she found in her policies database.
Just booked a one night stay in the Paradise Tower using points and the web page did not show a resort fee nor did the confirmation that showed up when the reservation was completed but to my surprise when I received the email confirmation it showed the an additional resort fee and taxes to be paid in addition to the full points.as follows:

Your Rate Information
STANDARD ROOM REWARD
Honors Reward ID: XXXXXXXXX
Rate: 39.68 USD
Taxes 4.68 USD

Resort Charge 35.00 USD
Total for Stay 39.68 USD
+ 40000 Points

I'm not sure if they'll try to stick me with the Resort Fee & Taxes.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
@ROW2Aisle did you stay at the Tropicana yet? Were you charged the resort fee?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:36 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ROW2Aisle
Just booked a one night stay in the Paradise Tower using points and the web page did not show a resort fee nor did the confirmation that showed up when the reservation was completed but to my surprise when I received the email confirmation it showed the an additional resort fee and taxes to be paid in addition to the full points.as follows:

Your Rate Information
STANDARD ROOM REWARD
Honors Reward ID: XXXXXXXXX
Rate: 39.68 USD
Taxes 4.68 USD

Resort Charge 35.00 USD
Total for Stay 39.68 USD
+ 40000 Points

I'm not sure if they'll try to stick me with the Resort Fee & Taxes.
I stayed there this past October on a 100% points reservation and was not charged a resort fee* and received the email confirmation showing I would be charged a resort fee but when I checked in at the front desk, the agent said as long as the reservation is 100% using points, there is no resort fee charged-so unless something has changed, you should be fine
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
@ROW2Aisle did you stay at the Tropicana yet? Were you charged the resort fee?
My stay is coming up in 5 weeks (mid May); I'll post here if Tropicana tries to charge me the resort fee.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ROW2Aisle
My stay is coming up in 5 weeks (mid May); I'll post here if Tropicana tries to charge me the resort fee.
You will NOT be charged. I have stayed there twice lately using points. Each time the confirmation email adds Resort fee. But they never charge it. Lauren says that it's a problem with their system.
Another problem that you have to be aware of: I have NEVER received points (for food etc), stay credit or nights credit for points stay at Tropicana. Each time I had to contact Hilton or Lauren to get it.
Tropicana is living i n their own world!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I stayed there on points back in December in the tower. There is a reason this was available compared to the other local properties. The rooms are dumps with circa 1985 decor.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by runarbg

You will NOT be charged. I have stayed there twice lately using points. Each time the confirmation email adds Resort fee. But they never charge it. Lauren says that it's a problem with their system.
Another problem that you have to be aware of: I have NEVER received points (for food etc), stay credit or nights credit for points stay at Tropicana. Each time I had to contact Hilton or Lauren to get it.
Tropicana is living i n their own world!
Ditto for me for a stay credit about a year ago.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
I stayed there on points back in December in the tower. There is a reason this was available compared to the other local properties. The rooms are dumps with circa 1985 decor.
well I know the rooms were redone since then so I’m not sure your dating is correct. (I used to work for a company that was owned by the same investors that made the error of buying this so I stayed there for an incredibly cheap rate. My company was a disaster too LOL )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.