FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Hyde Park {GBR} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1400068-doubletree-hilton-hotel-london-hyde-park-gbr.html)

kingtut Sep 4, 2012 3:06 am

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Hyde Park {GBR}

Can anyone tell me if the London Hyde Park Hotel will count as a qualifying stay towards status? I can book the hotel through hilton.com and hhonors.com but when I get to the booking page, I get the message: "This hotel will be joining the DoubleTree by Hilton brand in Spring 2013. We are an affiliate hotel of the DoubleTree by Hilton brand." I just wanted to check that an affiliate hotel 'counts' as a qualifying stay!

diamond club freeloader Sep 6, 2012 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by kingtut (Post 19248756)
Can anyone tell me if the London Hyde Park Hotel will count as a qualifying stay towards status? I can book the hotel through hilton.com and hhonors.com but when I get to the booking page, I get the message: "This hotel will be joining the DoubleTree by Hilton brand in Spring 2013. We are an affiliate hotel of the DoubleTree by Hilton brand." I just wanted to check that an affiliate hotel 'counts' as a qualifying stay!

I asked the same question earlier today about The Ealing Hotel, but no replies yet.
May need to call the HHonors service team tomorrow - will post back!

jerry a. laska Sep 6, 2012 4:05 pm

In the past Doubletree affiliate hotels earned points the same as other Hilton Hotels. See, e.g.:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ffiliate+hotel

One of the Special Offers listed for the hotel is the double/triple points promo currently in place. The hotel is also listed as a category 5 for redemptions. I don't think you will have any problem receiving points but they probably aren't able to guarantee all the brand standards of a Doubletree at the current time.

kingtut Sep 6, 2012 5:02 pm

conflicting response

Ok, so I emailed diamond HelpDesk as they offered me a status match challenge. I needed a reply before by last night as I had a stay and the choice of hotel depended on the answer. As I hadn't heard back before yesterday,I contacted the hotel directly who said it would be a qualifying stay and earn points as normal, so I went ahead with the booking. Today I received a reply from the diamond team saying it would not qualify!! I said I hope I would expect the stay to be honoured one way or another, or I won't be a happy customer. I will probably cease my status match challenge if the stay doesn't credit...

kingtut Sep 23, 2012 8:06 am

Just an update - despite what HHonors team said, the stay actually got credited properly so spot on Jerry! Hope you had the same outcome diamondclub.

jsfr Sep 24, 2012 1:57 am

I had looked a tthis hotel in early summer and there was a message that said the Hotel was not yet participating in the HHonors program - that message is no longer there and has been relaced with the reward category, so I guess it was just a case of getting things set up...

GUWonder Sep 24, 2012 4:09 am

Originally Posted by jsfr (Post 19372657)
I had looked a tthis hotel in early summer and there was a message that said the Hotel was not yet participating in the HHonors program - that message is no longer there and has been relaced with the reward category, so I guess it was just a case of getting things set up...

This month, I've booked over a dozen room nights there for stays this month using Hilton points. For redemptions this month for stays this month, it has been the best deal per point used for Hilton hotels within the London Tube zone 1 this month.

Got those all at 25k points per night or better.

X3Skier Sep 24, 2012 8:03 am

Is this the Hotel I used to know as the London Hilton at Hyde Park?

Cheers

GUWonder Sep 24, 2012 10:11 am

Originally Posted by X3Skier (Post 19373802)

Cheers

I don't know. This property reminds me of a Ramada.

jerry a. laska Sep 24, 2012 10:53 am

Originally Posted by X3Skier (Post 19373802)

Cheers

No. If you look at London Hilton Hotels you will see that the Hyde Park Hilton is still there.

mike2200 Oct 22, 2012 5:28 pm

London Hyde Park Hotel (Doubletree)

Can't seem to find a review of the London Hyde Park Hotel (DoubleTree) has anyone stayed here and can you give a review of it... thanks

Mod if I missed a review sorry and just move me there... thanks

jerry a. laska Oct 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by mike2200 (Post 19546071)
Can't seem to find a review of the London Hyde Park Hotel (DoubleTree) has anyone stayed here and can you give a review of it... thanks

Mod if I missed a review sorry and just move me there... thanks

In the following thread a couple of people state they have stayed there recently you could PM them:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ying-stay.html

Guy Betsy Oct 26, 2012 7:38 pm

I'm here now, as we speak... so if you can wait a day or two, I will give you a small trip report.

Right now though, I am freezing in my room as the only heater is by the bathroom, and the desk is right by the window with no heater. The thermostat that I thought controls the air unit is only for the airconditioner (which the maintenance man told me) which is located at guess where? Right by the window ! The radiator is tiny for a room that size. So effectively, only 1/4 of the room is warm. The rest is ice cold!

Update to follow..

Guy Betsy Oct 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 19374608)
I don't know. This property reminds me of a Ramada.

This USED to be a Ramada !! I remember staying here a few years ago when Wyndham Hotels had their miles promo with British Midland and I was doing mattress runs.

In fact, this property has been here since the 70's. I remember staying here in 1983 (in my youth) when it was called the Premier , or something like that !

But its now listed as Doubletree, though on the HHonors site, it says it will join officially by next year.. but nothing in the rooms say that it is part of the Hilton family at all.

Certainly no chocolate chip cookies !

RAPC Oct 27, 2012 3:06 am

I know of 3 people who have stayed there in the past month. All 3 won't be using the property again due to various issues. (Service, old rooms, poor noise insulation etc)

With regards to points posting, 1 got a points and a stay credit, 2 didn't. The other 2 putting in requests for a credit, 1 got got them after 3 or 4 emails of being told it wasn't part of HHonors yet, the other person tried a few times and was categorically told no and has given up on it now.

Nice to see some HHonors consistency.