Search

Conrad Tulum {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:46 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Conrad Tulum {MEX}

Starting a dedicated thread for the recently-announced Conrad Tulum. The property is opening on December 21st, 2021 with 349 rooms all with views of the Caribbean.

Website for the hotel is available at this link, and is now populated with details like rooms, dining and a gallery full of renderings.

khabah
bamboola and bitterproffit like this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
This could be HUGE, particularly given the demise of the Cancun Hilton.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:24 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
This could be HUGE, particularly given the demise of the Cancun Hilton.
Don't lament the former Hilton too long, the new Hilton Cancun is around the corner, with a Waldorf Astoria joining in May 2022. Opening November 7th; just started a dedicated thread for it here.

khabah
Old Jul 31, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Cool. I had missed your other thread when i posted above. Looks like a lot is happening for HH in Quintana Roo.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:48 pm

Will it be an all inclusive Conrad?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by MB85
Will it be an all inclusive Conrad?
No
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Anyone?

Anyone stayed there yet?
looks like the place is quite secluded and being non-AI hotel I wonder if eating out will be a problem...
AX
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by AX9465
Anyone stayed there yet?
looks like the place is quite secluded and being non-AI hotel I wonder if eating out will be a problem...
AX
Property opens today, I’ve been following along their Instagram. Interested to see first reviews.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Reviews starting to show up on TA. Considering booking for Easter. Wondering how Diamonds are treated when it comes to upgrades. Will report back if we pull the trigger,
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:44 pm

Would love to stay here. That said, Mexico is becoming worrisome. We liked the xcaret.. the recent shooting there and the general increase in violence in this region is concerning
BigFishDave likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Dcislander
Reviews starting to show up on TA. Considering booking for Easter. Wondering how Diamonds are treated when it comes to upgrades. Will report back if we pull the trigger,
We have a stay booked in May. I've been keeping an eye on the reviews, as I'm curious to see what people think after it recently opened. With that being said, the current reviews on TA are very suspicious IMO....8 out of the current 10 reviews (all with 5/5 ratings, nothing but good things to say, and plenty of "shout outs" to staff members) are users with only 1 review, and all of them just happened to have joined TA in Jan 2022. Hmmmmm

I wouldn't be surprised if staff are being encouraged to add reviews to build up positive scores on TA.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by AX9465
Anyone stayed there yet?
AX
We've been to Tulum and PDC many times. There really isn't much in the surrounding area (even the other nearby hotels are all AI). If you were to rent a car (which we are considering for our stay), Tulum town is about 15min and PDC about 35min drive away.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:27 pm

We are considering staying here in a few weeks. Does anyone know if it would be loud like other hotels in the area?
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Would you use points or free nights?

Hey all,

For the last few years I've sat on my HH Diamond account as it grew and free night awards have been added. I am now booking a stay for five nights in Mexico.

On revenue the room would be about $600 a night. On points it would be 360,000 (5th night free). I also have 3 free night certs which would be 3 certif+180,000 points.

I'm good at amassing points but bad at figuring out the best value for using them or how to mix with free night certifs. Would love to hear your thoughts on which combo you would use: all points or points and free nights.

Thanks all and safe travels!
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I'd use the three free nights plus 180000 points.
The points can be bought from Hilton for 1/2 cent each, so 90000 points is worth $450. Redeeming for a $600 hotel night is a good deal; you can always buy back the points if needed.
I would use the certificates because they expire, and a $600 night is a very good use, unless you have something better in mind between now and their expiration date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.