Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Premium Club Asia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:46 am

Does anyone know if the Hilton Premium Club with the various accommodation benefits is still available to new members? I notice up thread that it appears to have been replaced by the Hilton Dining Club which has limited accommodation benefits in comparison.

However, the Premium Club website is still operating and appears to allow you to join - if you join via that site would you receive the older accommodation benefits? I've emailed the Premium Club but not had a response.

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:45 am

At ~$250 for the membership, it is hard to justify buying this unless you will be spending most of your time at the resort (Conrad Koh Samui). Looking at the menu prices across all restaurants, food and drink prices seem pretty reasonable. Assuming 50% off food (old terms) you would need to spend $500 or $1,000 under the new terms (25% off). That accounts between ~15,700 and ~31,500 Thai Baht. With plates between 400 - 600 Baht and drinks between 200 - 400 Baht, its hard to see how you would get your moneys worth. If you are staying 5+ nights and eating every meal there, then maybe. Am I thinking about this correctly?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
It makes a big difference if you can get the discount at Jahn and The Cellar. If not it would be hard to get the value out of a single stay.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:58 am

I reached out to the manager about CKS and unfortunately it's taken out from the certificates as the host hotel. There are only 5 host hotels remaining where you can use certificates. As far as the CKS only card benefits are alive. Following is the email.

Thank you for interested us,

You have to select 1 of the hotel participating in Thailand as below;

Millennium Hilton Bangkok:
Hilton Sukhumvit and DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok:
Conrad Bangkok :
Hilton Pattaya:
Hilton Huahin Resort & Spa:

Please be informed that all e-certificate will only valid at your host hotel, all e-certificate cannot be use out of your host hotel.

As for Conrad Koh Samui is valid only Card benefits.
Experiences that only come from Hilton Dining:
​​​​​​​
Card Benefits

(The Membership benefits listed in this section are to be honored by all participating hotels in Asia Pacific.)

A. Dining Benefits

• Twenty five per cent (25%) discount on the total food and beverage bill for 1- 12 persons maximum.

B. Room Benefits

• Twenty per cent (20%) discount off the Easy Cancellation Rate for any room type.

Should there be further information or assistance you may require, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Raj Ambavane
I reached out to the manager about CKS and unfortunately it's taken out from the certificates as the host hotel. There are only 5 host hotels remaining where you can use certificates. As far as the CKS only card benefits are alive. Following is the email.

Thank you for interested us,

You have to select 1 of the hotel participating in Thailand as below;

Millennium Hilton Bangkok:
Hilton Sukhumvit and DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok:
Conrad Bangkok :
Hilton Pattaya:
Hilton Huahin Resort & Spa:

Please be informed that all e-certificate will only valid at your host hotel, all e-certificate cannot be use out of your host hotel.

As for Conrad Koh Samui is valid only Card benefits.
Experiences that only come from Hilton Dining:

Card Benefits

(The Membership benefits listed in this section are to be honored by all participating hotels in Asia Pacific.)

A. Dining Benefits

• Twenty five per cent (25%) discount on the total food and beverage bill for 1- 12 persons maximum.

B. Room Benefits

• Twenty per cent (20%) discount off the Easy Cancellation Rate for any room type.

Should there be further information or assistance you may require, please do not hesitate to contact us.
this 20percent discount, is it for host only or applicable to all other Hilton properties in the region?

​​​​​​​B. Room Benefits
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:18 am

I think, that party is over. The HPCA can maybe still make sense in some very few cases. But for most people it just mean an one-sided promise to spend much money at Hilton properties. Actually that could still make sense, if any that restaurants would be highly recommended by its quality of food. But there is none like that. It’s only about convenience in the meaning of eating where you sleep.
Beano likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:24 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
this 20percent discount, is it for host only or applicable to all other Hilton properties in the region?

B. Room Benefits
From memory it used to be 10% in countries other than host. But frankly 20% or 10%, it does not matter because it's a bad deal. You have to pay BAR to get that discount, which itself is higher than the Honors flexible member rate, which is higher than the semi-flex rate, which itself is higher than the pre-paid rate. Then you get no points earned on your stay, no stay/night credit therefore no progress towards the milestone bonuses, and some properties will not allow lounge access, room upgrades, and other Diamond benefits. Conrad does, but not Hilton Sukhumvit and not Millenium Hilton. Don't know about others.

​​​​​​​I have never used it for the 20% off because the math just does not work, let alone 10% off.
Beano, wantan and jiunsoh like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Mrs. PGF and I are headed to Conrad Koh Samui. It looks like joining Hilton Dining APAC might make sense becuse we'll do a few dinners at Jahn and The Cellar (plus several other less expensive meals at the resort). We're both wine lovers, however, I just checked the T&Cs and found this:

Alcoholic beverages are not included in the amounts subject to the discount unless otherwise specified.
https://hiltondiningapac.com/TermsAndConditions

Anyone have experience receiving the HD APAC discount on wine and other alchoholic beverages at CKS?

Also, our reseravation is split, with a few nights in the wife's name and most of the nights in my name. If I join HD APAC will the discount apply to all food and beverage purchases during our stay, or only for the nights reserved in my name?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
they should bring back the good old days of HPC ... I only used it for the 50% F&B discount.

ironically they renamed it Hilton Dining, but made the "dining" benefits worse and much more complicated. Not to mention, most of the properties provide a 20% F&B discount voucher anyway ...
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Mrs. PGF and I are headed to Conrad Koh Samui. It looks like joining Hilton Dining APAC might make sense becuse we'll do a few dinners at Jahn and The Cellar (plus several other less expensive meals at the resort). We're both wine lovers, however, I just checked the T&Cs and found this:

https://hiltondiningapac.com/TermsAndConditions

Anyone have experience receiving the HD APAC discount on wine and other alchoholic beverages at CKS?

Also, our reseravation is split, with a few nights in the wife's name and most of the nights in my name. If I join HD APAC will the discount apply to all food and beverage purchases during our stay, or only for the nights reserved in my name?
I had this reply from CKS whilst asking the same as we have a 10 night stay coming up.

Food and Beverage discount of Hilton Dining Asia Pacific is applicable for alcoholic beverages as well.

In regards to menu of each restaurants and bar, please find the attached menu for your information. However, please note that we are working on menu changes of Zest restaurant at the moment.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
I signed up before they changed to 25%, ie would receive 50% for two guests on dining. Membership expires Dec 31. Any idea if the original discount (50%) is honored?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
I signed up before they changed to 25%, ie would receive 50% for two guests on dining. Membership expires Dec 31. Any idea if the original discount (50%) is honored?
been a member for 8 years, and the 50% for 2 is gone
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just starting to look into this program.

In March 2020, we'll be at Conrad Koh Samui for 5 nights. We will be in Bangkok for 3 nights, almost certainly at a Hilton property (currently booked at Millennium but not locked into that). We are 2 adults 2 teenagers, Diamond status.

I had heard of this program a while back but mostly wrote it off since it had been nerfed, especially with respect to CKS benefits. But now I'm wondering if I should consider it? Does the sign-up cost include 1 room-night in Bangkok (I know it doesn't in Koh Samui)?

We will almost certainly use hotel restaurants multiple times at CKS. There may be meals where it's just my wife and I and others where it's 4 of us. (In other words, we may do a wine dinner without them. ) Probably less on-prem dining in Bangkok but still may grab a meal or two over the course of three days.

Is this card worth another look?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
Just starting to look into this program.

In March 2020, we'll be at Conrad Koh Samui for 5 nights. We will be in Bangkok for 3 nights, almost certainly at a Hilton property (currently booked at Millennium but not locked into that). We are 2 adults 2 teenagers, Diamond status.

I had heard of this program a while back but mostly wrote it off since it had been nerfed, especially with respect to CKS benefits. But now I'm wondering if I should consider it? Does the sign-up cost include 1 room-night in Bangkok (I know it doesn't in Koh Samui)?

We will almost certainly use hotel restaurants multiple times at CKS. There may be meals where it's just my wife and I and others where it's 4 of us. (In other words, we may do a wine dinner without them. ) Probably less on-prem dining in Bangkok but still may grab a meal or two over the course of three days.

Is this card worth another look?
Dinner in Jahn is $110++ pp and Wine Cellar is $180++ pp. A lot more with the wine pairing. So you would 'wash your face' with just these two, personally I think you would come out on top. There are some nice places to eat a shortish drive away and these plans encourage you to stay put rather than exploring the local area.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by antipest
Dinner in Jahn is $110++ pp and Wine Cellar is $180++ pp. A lot more with the wine pairing. So you would 'wash your face' with just these two, personally I think you would come out on top. There are some nice places to eat a shortish drive away and these plans encourage you to stay put rather than exploring the local area.
I've never been Koh Samui...are there off-property restaurants walking distance from the hotel? I was mostly assuming we would not rent a car and didn't think there would be Ubers or similar everywhere. I like the idea of trying local things and not being captive to the hotel, but I didn't expect to have a whole lot of choice on this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.