FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Premium Club Asia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1399844-hilton-premium-club-asia.html)

arshi007 Jun 11, 2018 11:01 pm

Thanks a lot for the information. I took the plunge and registered from the old premiumclubasia.com site and i did get all the existing benefits (including the vouchers and e-certificates for accommodation. So seems like if you register before the change you will get the current benefits.

Originally Posted by SponsorSFC (Post 29852155)
That is the list of benefits straight from the new site. There is a complimentary night certificate but apart from that I can't see any other accommodation discounts addition to 20% off the flexible rate.

I renewed last week and received the old benefits (including E Certificates in the app) so I imagine you would be able to get the old benefits before July 17th but I would ask HPC directly to be sure.

magich Jun 12, 2018 9:17 pm

Great analysis. Wondering if I can get HHonor stay/night if I use 50% off or "buy 1 get 1 free" vouchers.

Originally Posted by escape4 (Post 29337192)
I have been gradually changing my view about HPC and I am not sure I will renew next time. The main issue is that they are increasingly fussy about the use of the free night certificate. I have tried several times to use it at Millenium Hilton Bangkok, only to be told that it's not available for several weeks and to check back later. Yet there is plenty of availability on hilton.com for the standard room. They allow the "buy 1 get 1 free" voucher and the 50% off voucher at MH, but they are refusing the complimentary room. I was offered to use it at Conrad instead, which I will do, but I would rather be in charge of deciding where I will stay. Also, the Millenium Hilton and Hilton Sukhumvit do not allow Diamond benefits such as lounge access when using the vouchers. Because I know the staff at Millenium Hilton they still let me in, but it feels like I need to ask for a favor. Conrad allows room upgrades and lounge access to Diamond members even when using the vouchers, so it's a better bet to use the vouchers over there.

So basically for accommodations, you can get 7 nights using the vouchers:
1 free night
Buy 1 get 1 free
Buy 1 get 1 free
50% off
50% off

Just using rough numbers for illustration purposes. If I am paying the regular rate, I might pay about 3k THB per night, total 21k THB for 7 nights. With the vouchers, you need to pay BAR 4k THB per night rather than the pre-paid 3k THB. So for the 7 nights above: 0+4k+0+4k+0+2k+2k=12k. On top of the 8k membership fee = 20k THB. Not much savings compared to paying straight up 21k THB, and you might get hassle when you book your free night, and you might not get lounge access depending where you go. If you are Diamond, you would get free breakfast anyway so the vouchers do not help you. Then count the value of the HHonors points you will not earn during those 7 nights, there is no value left on accommodations. HPC is then only useful for the free dinner, free lunch, and free afternoon tea. I used them in the past so my HPC membership was worth it. However more often than not I eat breakfast late so the lunch is of limited value except if I wake up too late and miss breakfast. There is afternoon tea for free in the lounge if you are Diamond. So that only leaves the free dinner as being useful.

And having HPC I sometimes feel "forced" to go to Conrad even if Starwood has a promo somewhere else, further limiting the value I get out of HPC.

If you use the vouchers at Conrad KS, the equation is different. However you can find rates as low as 11.5k THB when Hilton does a sale, if you can be patient. So then the value of the vouchers is simply that you have a flexible rate rather than the pre-paid rate from Hilton sales.

escape4 Jun 13, 2018 12:16 am

Originally Posted by magich (Post 29860300)
Great analysis. Wondering if I can get HHonor stay/night if I use 50% off or "buy 1 get 1 free" vouchers.

I did not get stay credit, night credit, or any points for any of my stays booked with the vouchers.

thbe Jun 13, 2018 4:17 am

I didn't use an accomodation voucher yet. But at the Conrad Samui I was told, that you get the stay credited and the nights credited, but no points.

escape4 Jun 13, 2018 4:49 am

Originally Posted by thbe (Post 29861083)
I didn't use an accomodation voucher yet. But at the Conrad Samui I was told, that you get the stay credited and the nights credited, but no points.

I used mine in Conrad Bangkok and Millenium Hilton Bangkok. No stays or nights credited :(

magich Jun 13, 2018 7:30 am

Originally Posted by thbe (Post 29861083)

Thats what i was told.

magich Jun 13, 2018 7:31 am

Originally Posted by escape4 (Post 29860671)
I did not get stay credit, night credit, or any points for any of my stays booked with the vouchers.

Thanks for the information

arshi007 Jun 17, 2018 9:04 pm

I had a quick (and dumb) question. How do you actually redeem the vouchers ? Do you have to call the specific HPC number or can you do it online on the Hilton website ?

Now that i have signed up and have the vouchers, i am trying to use them :)

escape4 Jun 23, 2018 3:16 am

Originally Posted by arshi007 (Post 29877195)
I had a quick (and dumb) question. How do you actually redeem the vouchers ? Do you have to call the specific HPC number or can you do it online on the Hilton website ?

Now that i have signed up and have the vouchers, i am trying to use them :)

Assuming you have Thailand vouchers, you can e-mail "[email protected]" and ask them to book which hotel and what dates.

osmantrex Jun 26, 2018 9:13 am

Just signed up for this over the weekend so we'd have the dining discounts for a five night CKS stay. Activation was immediate and we were able to see the certificates right away on the app.

Was able to book the Conrad Bangkok for two nights by emailing the hotel- I sent emails to several addresses for HPC and never got a response.

Unfortunately the 50% discount certificate wasn't able to be applied to the two nights we wanted to book, but we were able to use the City Escapes rate so two nights ended up coming to ~4,800 THB total. Not as cheap as I'd prefer but not that bad, and I'm thinking that despite the renovations it will be a better base for exploring Bangkok for a short weekend.

If anyone thinks the Hilton Millennium would be a better bet for this I'm happy to reconsider since it would be a little cheaper, but I thought the elite recognition and location of the Conrad would be preferable. I'll probably not be using the rest of the certificates as I doubt I'll be back in Thailand within a year :(

escape4 Jun 26, 2018 11:39 am

Originally Posted by osmantrex (Post 29908264)
Was able to book the Conrad Bangkok for two nights by emailing the hotel- I sent emails to several addresses for HPC and never got a response.

Unfortunately the 50% discount certificate wasn't able to be applied to the two nights we wanted to book, but we were able to use the City Escapes rate so two nights ended up coming to ~4,800 THB total. Not as cheap as I'd prefer but not that bad, and I'm thinking that despite the renovations it will be a better base for exploring Bangkok for a short weekend.

If anyone thinks the Hilton Millennium would be a better bet for this I'm happy to reconsider since it would be a little cheaper, but I thought the elite recognition and location of the Conrad would be preferable. I'll probably not be using the rest of the certificates as I doubt I'll be back in Thailand within a year :(

Normally it is rather the "buy 1 get 1 free" certs which do not apply to Conrad Bangkok. But the 50% discount certs are valid there.

Millenium Hilton accepts all certs, but won't give you Diamond recognition.

Two (2) Vouchers for one night at 50% discount of Best Available Rate for any room type, Excluding Public Holidays for resort properties. Valid at Conrad Bangkok, Conrad Koh Samui, Hilton Pattaya, Millennium Hilton Bangkok, Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa or Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa.

Two (2) Vouchers for one night at Best Available Rate and receive second night COMPLIMENTARY, Excluding Public Holidays for resort properties. Valid at Conrad Koh Samui, Millennium Hilton Bangkok, Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok or DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok. Fully Transferable.

arshi007 Jun 27, 2018 12:03 am

I was able to book a stay for 8 nights at Hilton Sukhumvit using the vouchers (4 nights using the BOGO, 1 free night and 3 City Escape). I also have Hilton Diamond status and I booked the first 4 nights in a Junior Suite and the last 4 in the King Deluxe Room.

Does Hilton Sukhumvit honor Diamond status with these vouchers? I'm hoping that they will give me lounge access for all 8 nights (its included in the rate for the first 4 nights) or will they deny access for the last 4 ?

escape4 Jun 27, 2018 3:04 am

Originally Posted by arshi007 (Post 29910847)
I was able to book a stay for 8 nights at Hilton Sukhumvit using the vouchers (4 nights using the BOGO, 1 free night and 3 City Escape). I also have Hilton Diamond status and I booked the first 4 nights in a Junior Suite and the last 4 in the King Deluxe Room.

Does Hilton Sukhumvit honor Diamond status with these vouchers? I'm hoping that they will give me lounge access for all 8 nights (its included in the rate for the first 4 nights) or will they deny access for the last 4 ?

When I asked them in the past, they said no Diamond benefits when using these vouchers (unlike Conrad). However since you have 4 nights in the jr suite which will give you lounge access, they might be lenient and let you in the lounge for the last 4 nights.

metcon123 Jul 9, 2018 1:07 pm

Quick question, I have the new AMEX Aspire Hilton card and was wondering if I should use that to earn 14X points for HPC purchase which is around USD 241?

Thanks in advance!

monahos Jul 9, 2018 2:18 pm

You'd get 3x, not 14x points for this, as the program is run by a third party, which shows as 'HOSPITALITY MARKETING CONCEPTS - BANGKOK, TH' on my current Amex bill.
Unless you are trying to meet a spend threshold for a signup bonus, 3x HH is not particularly attractive.

Originally Posted by metcon123 (Post 29955150)
Quick question, I have the new AMEX Aspire Hilton card and was wondering if I should use that to earn 14X points for HPC purchase which is around USD 241?

Thanks in advance!