Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by cln
Hotel was ... overpriced for what they offer.....
Would agree to that, but 20.000 points plus a Nor1-Upgrade for 900 THB will get you a Deluxe Suite. For me that's a pretty good deal

Resumé: nice hotel, friendly staff, great location, but way overpriced. Rates are starting from nearly 6.000 THB right now. Even considering that I'll be upgraded that it's too much for me.

You can stay at Sofitel Sukhumvit, which is as classy as the Hilton, for at least 25% less.

Last edited by olisch; Oct 15, 2013 at 2:01 pm
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:51 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
i wonder how much the group guests pay in average for a room there...

dt and hilton sukhumvit almost exclusively sell on hilton website. No travel agent contracted rates are showing up for me yet.... so no BRG possible...
Old Oct 23, 2013, 12:55 am

Programs: QF SG
I read in Trip Adviser that Gold and Diamonds get a Happy Hour at the Moasic poolside bar from 6pm until 8pm. Can any FT board members provide further info?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 3:35 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by bacook
I read in Trip Adviser that Gold and Diamonds get a Happy Hour at the Moasic poolside bar from 6pm until 8pm. Can any FT board members provide further info?

Beers / Soft Drinks / Spirits ... don't know about whine as I skipped the happy hour.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by cln
Beers / Soft Drinks / Spirits ... don't know about whine as I skipped the happy hour.
That's an excellent benefit in lieu of a lounge. I think I'd rather drink in a pbublic space like you do at the SGS.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
That's an excellent benefit in lieu of a lounge. I think I'd rather drink in a pbublic space like you do at the SGS.
It's a MUCH better option. I can't think of a single lounge in BKK where the service wouldn't be utterly slow and awful (Conrad comes to my mind right away).

Yet I wouldn't pay more than 2200 THB++ for the DT.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 11:06 pm
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
I was there on 17 and 20 Oct and had this benefit offered both times.

Very nice sitting on the deck watching the thunderstorms under cover.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Cool. Havne't been there since May but might need to head back and enjoy the poolside scene around sunset.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Hvr
I was there on 17 and 20 Oct and had this benefit offered both times.

Very nice sitting on the deck watching the thunderstorms under cover.
Thanks for the feedback HVR. Is it a genuine 2 hours of free drinks (as opposed to say 2 free drinks)?
Old Oct 26, 2013, 5:14 am
Hvr

Thanks for the feedback HVR. Is it a genuine 2 hours of free drinks (as opposed to say 2 free drinks)?
It was a genuine two hours. However, I don't drink alcohol so the flow of Coke Zero wasn't of much concern to the barman.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Is there any food or snacks during the happy hours or is it just drinks?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:10 am
Hvr

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Is there any food or snacks during the happy hours or is it just drinks?
Just drinks, no free food or snacks provided although you can order and pay for food.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Hvr
Just drinks, no free food or snacks provided although you can order and pay for food.
Thanks. In that case, I'll keep my rez at the adjoining Holton and hope that I have lounge access as a Gold.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Richard1148
Thanks. In that case, I'll keep my rez at the adjoining Holton and hope that I have lounge access as a Gold.
You will have!

But... you travel to BKK and want to have dinner at the Lounge of a hotel?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 3:47 am

Programs: QF LTS, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Hvr
I was actually provided some beernuts on the side of my tonic water order.

For the earlier question on wine - house wine red or white is included in the complimentary happy hour.

Sadly for me, my all-time favourite Thai beverage, young coconut juice, is not included in the complimentary happy hour

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.