Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Abdul Qahar
anyone? Would really appreciate any feedback
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
You will get points for both rooms, but only stay credit for one room. Benefits will only be given to the room where the gold status person is staying. Not both. I have no experience of this at this hotel, but I have seen this before in other hotels. The others will have to pay for breakfast.
I have stayed at several hotels where the elite benefits are fully given to both rooms (mainly lounge access and breakfast).
Old May 1, 2019, 8:52 pm

Stayed here recently and I was impressed on 2 fronts:

Happy hour by the pool provides unlimited large cocktails 5:30 - 7:30 pm made by a cheery bartender, who keeps coming back and asking if he should make some more! The rum based Dee Lite drink (similar to mai tai) was strong and awesome.

Breakfast has a station where you may select an assortment of meats, noodles and vegetables and the chef will fry them fresh for you. Much more memorable than the bland and stoic spread at Conrad and Millennium Hilton.

Old May 3, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Stayed here recently and I was impressed on 2 fronts:

Happy hour by the pool provides unlimited large cocktails 5:30 - 7:30 pm made by a cheery bartender,

It was 1800 to 2000 when I was here a few weeks ago.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 1:55 pm

Hmmmm, nothing available for booking after Oct 27 ?? Something must be happening on that day.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by UserMark
Hmmmm, nothing available for booking after Oct 27 ?? Something must be happening on that day.
Availability returns starting from April 1st. Maybe they are doing some revenue management tricks for the high season and have accidentally wiped out inventory? The property is quite new, isn't it?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:48 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by SuloL
The property is quite new, isn't it?
I think you are confusing DT Sukhumvit which has been around for a few years, with DT Ploen Chit which is new
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by escape4
I think you are confusing DT Sukhumvit which has been around for a few years, with DT Ploen Chit which is new
Not actually. Just based on my last stay (January 2018), I recall the rooms being of the "new style" and in good condition overall. So assuming that 5-month period of zero availability shouldn't be for renovations or anything. Or who knows!
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:21 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
What is the shortest possible route to walk from DT to Hilton Sukhumvit? Are they connected somehow? (am aware of Google Maps but it doesn't necessarily provide the definitive answer!) Thanks^
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:43 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by NoY
What is the shortest possible route to walk from DT to Hilton Sukhumvit? Are they connected somehow? (am aware of Google Maps but it doesn't necessarily provide the definitive answer!) Thanks^
Restaurant/bar at the back of Hilton is connected to the back of DT on the ground floor, but involves going outdoors for a few seconds.
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:33 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by :D!
Restaurant/bar at the back of Hilton is connected to the back of DT on the ground floor, but involves going outdoors for a few seconds.
Brilliant thanks - on my way there now ^
Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:59 pm
NoY

Quick update. Diamond/Gold Happy hour now 5pm (which is way too early, IMHO) until 7pm. A good initiative which is a little marred due to being served outside only (not great when hot!).
Breakfast is comprehensive & decent enough quality although the seating is somewhat impractical (very low seats). BTW- does anyone know why they put those little signs on each elite table; stating Diamond, Gold etc. at brekkie? Most odd!
Old Aug 4, 2019, 8:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
BTW- does anyone know why they put those little signs on each elite table; stating Diamond, Gold etc. at brekkie? Most odd!
Maybe for better service? They also utilise those same signs at the Hilton nextdoor, and also the Hilton Kuala Lumpur does the same thing at breakfast.
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:18 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Maybe for better service? They also utilise those same signs at the Hilton nextdoor, and also the Hilton Kuala Lumpur does the same thing at breakfast.
Mmmmm I see what you mean. I do not perceive I got better service though - indeed I was never offered refills of tea/coffee when at breakfast - in either hotel - am now at Hilton next door. Never seen the signs at KL Hilton having stayed there half a dozen times. Same owners at all three it seems. The DT & Hilton BKK share many similar items in-room & elsewhere too. Hilton is a very solid property & I much prefer it to DT.
Cymro likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:49 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Quick update. Diamond/Gold Happy hour now 5pm (which is way too early, IMHO) until 7pm. A good initiative which is a little marred due to being served outside only (not great when hot!).
Breakfast is comprehensive & decent enough quality although the seating is somewhat impractical (very low seats). BTW- does anyone know why they put those little signs on each elite table; stating Diamond, Gold etc. at brekkie? Most odd!

Morning NoY, well I just had breakfast and asked if I get a prize or something for having a diamond sign. Waitress just laughed, they dont really do anything, just for staff.

Having said that, was a very annoying stay. Booked King Deluxe room, for various reasons, my flight was very late and arrived at 0200. Told I had been upgraded to superior room, but twin bed, okay not big deal. I aksed if connecting room, told it is not, I hate connecting rooms! Get to room and it is. Much annoyance, finally I get the last suite and off to bed. I wish if they were full, they would leave diamond bookings as they are, rather than mess around,
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:09 am
NoY

Originally Posted by gav0106
Morning NoY, well I just had breakfast and asked if I get a prize or something for having a diamond sign. Waitress just laughed, they dont really do anything, just for staff.

Having said that, was a very annoying stay. Booked King Deluxe room, for various reasons, my flight was very late and arrived at 0200. Told I had been upgraded to superior room, but twin bed, okay not big deal. I aksed if connecting room, told it is not, I hate connecting rooms! Get to room and it is. Much annoyance, finally I get the last suite and off to bed. I wish if they were full, they would leave diamond bookings as they are, rather than mess around,
Morning Gav0106....Ha! Yes, I asked Hilton Sukhumvit this morning why they do it. No clear answer! 3 days & I wasn't even asked if I wanted top ups of coffee or tea (other non-Diamond tables did get asked! No biggie, just baffling).

Yes, I absolutely HATE connecting rooms (just had a connecting Suite at Hilton Sukhumvit & that was due to service recovery having suffered repairs/drilling/mainteance for 4 hours in an adjacent room - not a good stay at all & I would never return there!) Off to Conrad soon - hoping for better

Last edited by NoY; Aug 7, 2019 at 3:11 am Reason: clarification/typo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.