Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Old Sep 28, 18, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by alanslegal View Post

For those liking awesome noodles, there is a very well known noodle restaurant just 100 meters from the hotel. You exit the front lobby, turn left, and it is the noodle shop on the corner ... more info, is this one

Rungrueang (Rung Ruang) is great noodles in Soi 26 ? Streetside Bangkok
There are two separate entities for the shop after a family split years ago. I prefer the one adjacent to the small alley.
Old Sep 28, 18, 9:33 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL 1MM/SM, HH Diam, AClub Plat, PC Plat, SPG/MR G
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
Overall my conclusion is that DT is a decent choice in Bangkok despite the fact that I will continue to favor full service hotels for most of my stays, not only from the Hilton chain but also Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood. Many times the Millenium Hilton is only a bit more expensive than DT and sometimes MH is even cheaper than DT, so in those instances I question whether DT is good value for the money. But depending on dates I think people on a budget who do not care much about an executive lounge, then DT can be a decent option. You will get unlimited drinks for happy hour, reasonable chances of a suite upgrade, a good breakfast, all that for a location on Sukhumvit walking distance to a sky train station at a modest price.
Thanks for your review. I stayed there several times, for 1 or 2 nights, and never received a room upgrade as a gold or diamond. So, I've booked a suite since then because the additional cost is often small (e.g., 600 baht/night), and the additional space and better sound insulation is desirable.
Old Sep 28, 18, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by FlytheTail View Post
Thanks for your review. I stayed there several times, for 1 or 2 nights, and never received a room upgrade as a gold or diamond. So, I've booked a suite since then because the additional cost is often small (e.g., 600 baht/night), and the additional space and better sound insulation is desirable.
I agree with this and guessing a lot of people do...which is why they probably don't have much to upgrade people to since people are paying for the suites. The sound insulation is definitely poor here in my opinion, I had a connecting room here once and could hear every word from the room next door. So unusual in BKK hotels in my experience.
Old Sep 29, 18, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat View Post
The sound insulation is definitely poor here in my opinion, I had a connecting room here once and could hear every word from the room next door. So unusual in BKK hotels in my experience.
That the Doubletree was converted from a non-chain local hotel from a lower category must not have helped; the Marriott Marquis suffers from the same problem.

On the other hand, the Conrad BKK has great sound insulation, as it should be for a new, purpose built upscale hotel.
Old Oct 17, 18, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
Interesting Google Maps Satellite view

I was reviewing walking from Phrom Phong station to this place and saw the following on Satellite View:

https://goo.gl/maps/zxRbyQDiZ9u
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Oct 18, 18, 1:08 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond and A3*G
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
I was reviewing walking from Phrom Phong station to this place and saw the following on Satellite View
Nice. The best walking route is through the Emporium, cross the road then go through the back of the Hilton.
Old Oct 18, 18, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by :D! View Post
Nice. The best walking route is through the Emporium, cross the road then go through the back of the Hilton.
Indeed. Cutting through the 26/1 soi there are often lots of motos and walking on 26 the sidewalk is a mess, not to mention the one massage parlor that always has a woman ready to open the door and usher in any guy walking by.
Old Oct 18, 18, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

OK, so it appears the Emporium connects directly to the BTS Station at that level.

That's good to know.

(And I was just indicating that the DT may be under a flight path ... )
turtlemichael likes this.
Old Oct 18, 18, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty View Post
OK, so it appears the Emporium connects directly to the BTS Station at that level.

That's good to know.

(And I was just indicating that the DT may be under a flight path ... )
There are two entrances from the ticket booth area into Emporium, the first is the closest and is an escalotor to the 3rd floor, the other 50m distant and directly in to the 2nd floor. The exit on Soi 24 is at Starbucks on the 1st floor, through it may be referred to as G, I can't recall.
serfty likes this.
Old Oct 20, 18, 2:29 am

Has anyone checked in using a corporate code? Wondering if they tend to verify.
Old Jan 5, 19, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by SCtrojan View Post
Has anyone checked in using a corporate code? Wondering if they tend to verify.
Checked in today on a corporate.

No verification, but as with all these things, YMMV (ya take ya chances).
Old Jan 5, 19, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Nice place - booked a (cheaper) twin with comment King ok and was pre upgraded to a King

I used the bridge from the station and cut through the emporium - fond the "G"round floor and exited. It was a short walk up the street to the Hilton. I got lost getting between the Hilton and DT but asked a staff member loitering around a staff entrance who courteously led me back through the Hilton to a walkway leading to the DT.

Check in was extremely civil and I am now enjoying the poolside 7th floor happy (2) hour(s)s as a Gold.

:D! and holmedown like this.

Last edited by serfty; Jan 5, 19 at 5:20 am
Old Mar 17, 19, 8:58 am

Gold benefits for 2 rooms

Hi all. My friends and I are planning on staying in the DT for 2 nights. Im the only one whos a gold status holder so I wanted to know if anyone had experience of getting gold benefits (namely breakfast) for both rooms? I know the T&Cs state itll just be my room (so myself and one guest) wholl get the benefits and not the other room. But has anyone had any experience to the contrary?

I emailed the hotel and got a standard no from a representative.

Also, Ive made two separate bookings under my account so could I check in twice to get the benefits?
Old Mar 18, 19, 2:41 am

GOld

anyone? Would really appreciate any feedback
Old Mar 18, 19, 9:15 am

Programs: HH - Diamond, EY Gold, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Abdul Qahar View Post
anyone? Would really appreciate any feedback
You will get points for both rooms, but only stay credit for one room. Benefits will only be given to the room where the gold status person is staying. Not both. I have no experience of this at this hotel, but I have seen this before in other hotels. The others will have to pay for breakfast.

Search this Thread