Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:05 pm

Conrad Bangkok or this hotel? The rate seems to be very close but heard good things about this hotel from a friend.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Nice dilemma to have. I have a soft spot for the Conrad - less Sukhumvit Road to deal with in the cab from the airport and easier for the airport train, but a little further from the station itself.

Sukhumvit is more modern, Conrad is more ornate and traditional (though not especially Thai). Conrad's lounge is on a high floor - the Sukhumvit Hilton has a rooftop pool instead - prefer the Conrad lounge and the Conrad pool is pretty good in its own right and more relaxed/relaxing.

I'd personally take the Conrad but you won't really go wrong with either. I'd recommend a corner room at the Conrad - if you get an upgrade through status, take one on a lower floor over a standard exec.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:23 pm

Thanks for the input @Cymro

Which one has a better pool? Traveling with two little one (ages 5 and 7) and pool is life for them! haha
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
If staying at the hilton you can also use the Doubletree pool
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by ponickka
Thanks for the input @Cymro

Which one has a better pool? Traveling with two little one (ages 5 and 7) and pool is life for them! haha
Definitely the Conrad, it's not even close. There are other threads that compare hotels in Bangkok, but in my opinion, Conrad wins for lounge, pool, and gym; Hilton wins for location and entry-level rooms, but I usually book a corner room at Conrad, which trumps basic king rooms at the Hilton. I've had better luck with room upgrades at the Conrad as well.
Cymro likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Just check in in to the hotel, really friendly fro:desk and got an upgrade to executive Room plus,
the room is really modern and nice and the best thing in the room is the Japanese toilet
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold

Welcome card to Hilton Bangkok Sukhumvit
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:20 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Does anyone have experiences with late check-out at Hilton Sukhumvit? Till what time they offer late check-out?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by R7U
Does anyone have experiences with late check-out at Hilton Sukhumvit? Till what time they offer late check-out?
I asked for 1pm when I was there last week, and it was no problem at all.
Old May 19, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: SPG
Hilton Silver and got upgraded from a Junior King Suite to a Executive King Suite on level 24 which is 77sqm and is a very good space. I stayed here a couple of years back and noticed the amenities used is now Crabtree and Evelyn which is quite uncommon instead of Peter Thomas Roth and they are actually 24ml bottles which I felt is smaller than industry standard.

The room comes with club access and you can enjoy the following:

- Breakfast at 6am to 10.30am (11am on Weekends) - I booked a B&B rate and had the choice of breakfast in Executive Lounge, Scalini (second floor) or Japanese set in ground floor, I am not sure if Executive guest can eat in main restaurants.
- High Tea at 2pm to 4pm
- Evening Cocktails 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- 2 pc pressing
- 2 hours meeting room.

Actually the best part of this hotel is the location, it is less than 5 minutes walk to Emporium, Emquartier and Phrom Phong BTS.

I ordered room service one night as we landed late and the Pad Thai, Pad Krapow (Basil Beef), Mango Sticky Rice is so on point and good. Breakfast at Scalini is a bit smaller for a Hilton but the quality is so on point especially at the juices section and service is absolutely great.

Side note: I do notice some amenities are targeted at Japanese clients even in the breakfast.

Late check out is 1pm max for Hilton Silver as per front desk.

Last edited by dingjie; May 20, 2018 at 1:36 am
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Guys...will be booking 2 entry rooms in late November.

What are the recent data points for getting both rooms upgraded to the premium executive rooms? And will they also give Hilton diamond benefits to both rooms?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by kt85

What are the recent data points for getting both rooms upgraded to the premium executive rooms? And will they also give Hilton diamond benefits to both rooms?
This hotel is a little stingy and seems Diamond usually only gets Executive not premium Executive room at least based on my a few time one night stays (stay run btw Hilton/DoubleTree Suk) and I didn’t bother to push. I did get a few one night upgrades to suit from her sister hotel DoubleTree. I would say Hilton's Executive room is nice and adequate, to me the highlight is Japanese Bidet toilet seat which non-Executive doesn’t have. I believe its happy hour food quality has improved vs 3 years ago, at least hot food both quality and quantity is much better than riverside Millennium Hilton and Hilton Pattaya.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by kt85

We stayed in May, booked the cheapest rooms and both were upgraded to Executive rooms, they let us have one room at 09:30, the other at midday.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
thanks both!

I am going to book 2 rooms.

Room 1: King
Room 2: Twin (day 1), Premium Executive (day 2 & 3)

No problems putting it in 1 folio right?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
can someone advise how big, in sqf/sqm, are the rooms here? I can't find any info on their website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.