Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Richard1148
No reviews yet? There are some on TripAdvisor, but I believe what FTers say much more than what I read on TA.
no review, but I've posted some pics in a german forum: http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/hot-s...ml#post1168355
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:49 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Conrad is my first choice. Great hotel, good location, supermarket in-doors, etc. But with these rates... Couldn't resist to book 12000 points + 1500 THB a night.

How close is MRT?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 4:30 am

MRT is at Asoke. Maybe 1 km. 1 stop on BTS from Phrom Phong (which is close).
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Here's a review. I stayed here twice in the last month. I really like the place. It's just nicer and classier and newer and more stylish and better than the Doubletree.

The entrance is on Soi 24, rather than 26. Very walkable to Emporium, BTS, etc. So a good location.

As a Diamond member, I was upgraded to the exec floor each time. Never tried the breakfast. Visited the lounge once, it was sterile and disappointing with limited happy hour food options.

Rooms are nice and modern, there is a glass wall between the bathroom and the bed, but inside the bathroom you can press a button and an electric shade comes down to close off view into the bathroom. Very cool.

The only problem I had was being unable to turn off some lights in the room. Lots of lights, lots of buttons. Had to call front desk at 2 am when I couldn't get lights to go off, they sent a guy who flipped the breaker located in the closet.

The 12000 points plus 1500 baht us a very good deal for this hotel. And on both of my cash and points stays they gave me a 1000 point bonus. Not sure if I was supposed to get that but I did.

Last edited by jphripjah; Nov 21, 2013 at 10:12 am
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:25 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Room service

What is room service menu and prices like in Hilton Sukhumvit?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 2:23 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
What is the upgrade policy for HH Gold members?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: HH Gold and lowly DL FO
Just checked out a few nights ago as a Diamond paying with points. Upgraded to an Executive room.

Lounge very nice with several hot and cold food options.

As a Diamond, received free buffet breakfast in the restaurant - very extensive and nice with lots of Asian and Western choices.

Free Internet in the guest rooms for Golds and Diamonds, but we discovered they limit the number of devices you can use with one code (I think we topped out at 3 devices before it prevented us from logging any more in).

Room was nice and large, extremely modern. Universal outlets accept any type of plug for styling appliances and charging mobile electronic devices.

Welcome treat was in room upon arrival. Turn down service offered. Lounge access includes free pressing of a couple of clothes items per day.

Two complimentary bottles of water in the room. Small refrigerator contained minibar items for sale, but there was plenty of room to put a few items of your own in (no sensors to imply purchase of items as a penalty for moving minibar items around in the fridge).

Two robes and two pairs of slippers were in the room.

Nice work station/desk plus a sitting area. Lots of international channels on the television.

Climate control and lights are operated by putting room key in slit near the door. Two keys were provided at check-in so one key could be left in the slot while out if the room for the day, if desired. We did not and did not find the room to be too hot after returning to the room from being out all day.

All staff extremely friendly and helpful.

Very short easy walk to BTS Station. Convenient location.

Highly recommend.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:25 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Will review more fully later, but HIGHLY recommend, just had an excellent seven night stay there.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:27 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I just spent 3 nights here and as a gold, was given lounge access for breakfast and evening cocktails. I really liked the room, the materials were all classy and the room was quiet and very clean. Excellent value for the points + cash rate.

The lounge was fine but not sufficiently staffed and food was always limited. In fairness, the hotel was full or nearly full and so the lounge was very full too. Many of the hot breakfast items ran out and were never replenished. The hot food was not close to hot, not even warm; cut fruit was not ripe, the breads were factory made (the croissants were horrible), and coffee was from a machine. The only good thing was the service -- very friendly. Cocktail hour wasn't much better but at least the drinks didn't run out.

The swimming pool is much too small for the hotel, so I would not pick this hotel if swimming is desired. All in all, this hotel is nice and the rooms are the strength, but overall the Conrad has a clear edge in my opinion.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by lexi
Just checked out a few nights ago as a Diamond paying with points. Upgraded to an Executive room.

Lounge very nice with several hot and cold food options.

As a Diamond, received free buffet breakfast in the restaurant - very extensive and nice with lots of Asian and Western choices.

Free Internet in the guest rooms for Golds and Diamonds, but we discovered they limit the number of devices you can use with one code (I think we topped out at 3 devices before it prevented us from logging any more in).

Room was nice and large, extremely modern. Universal outlets accept any type of plug for styling appliances and charging mobile electronic devices.

Welcome treat was in room upon arrival. Turn down service offered. Lounge access includes free pressing of a couple of clothes items per day.

Two complimentary bottles of water in the room. Small refrigerator contained minibar items for sale, but there was plenty of room to put a few items of your own in (no sensors to imply purchase of items as a penalty for moving minibar items around in the fridge).

Two robes and two pairs of slippers were in the room.

Nice work station/desk plus a sitting area. Lots of international channels on the television.

Climate control and lights are operated by putting room key in slit near the door. Two keys were provided at check-in so one key could be left in the slot while out if the room for the day, if desired. We did not and did not find the room to be too hot after returning to the room from being out all day.

All staff extremely friendly and helpful.

Very short easy walk to BTS Station. Convenient location.

Highly recommend.
Just stayed at the Doubletree Sukhumvit (right next door to the Hilton Sukhumvit...they share a courtyard) and as a Gold staying six nights I could have written the exact same description as above verbatim. Stayed using points+cash and the rate was slightly lower than the Hilton's points+cash rates. The two hotels are literally yards apart. Highly recommend either.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
The lounge was fine but not sufficiently staffed and food was always limited. In fairness, the hotel was full or nearly full and so the lounge was very full too. Many of the hot breakfast items ran out and were never replenished. The hot food was not close to hot, not even warm; cut fruit was not ripe, the breads were factory made (the croissants were horrible), and coffee was from a machine.
Were you given the option of having breakfast in the restaurant or only in the lounge?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Were you given the option of having breakfast in the restaurant or only in the lounge?
Back in september I could choose between having breakfast at lounge or at restaurant
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I was not, but I didn't inquire either. In hindsight, I certainly should have.

Originally Posted by olisch
no review, but I've posted some pics in a german forum: http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/hot-s...ml#post1168355
Olisch, it looks like you got an upgraded room -- did you pay extra for it? My room was nice but certainly smaller. I also didn't receive the welcome treats that you apparently did. Not a big deal, just noticed these things when comparing my experience with yours.

Last edited by FlytheTail; Dec 30, 2013 at 6:35 pm
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Olisch, it looks like you got an upgraded room -- did you pay extra for it? My room was nice but certainly smaller. I also didn't receive the welcome treats that you apparently did. Not a big deal, just noticed these things when comparing my experience with yours.
I booked an Executive Room and got upgraded to an Executive Plus Room, so a "normal" one level upgrade and probably the reason for the different treatment.

Last edited by olisch; Dec 31, 2013 at 12:17 am
Old Jan 18, 2014, 12:12 am

Programs: HH diamond
Quick review. Stayed in Bangkok for 4 days and did 2 of them in this hotel. Much nicer coming from the double tree. Got upgraded to a king suite executive room. Booked a regular room with points+money. But have to think this was due to the lack of guest in the hotel. The protest really put a damper on tourists. Room was clean and modern.

Not going to repeat everything that has already has been said, but I would definitely stay here next time we are back. Being just outside of the protest areas was a huge benefit getting in/out of the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.