Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
True, but with Bangkok traffic, that single taxi ride from the Millennium Hilton to the Conrad can take an hour.
Right. I've done that trip (river to Sukhumvit) many times, by both taxi and BTS. I can think of many travel experiences that qualify as "a hassle." A 20-60 minute taxi ride is not one of them. Not even close.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Edited: misread.

Last edited by Cymro; Feb 23, 2017 at 3:54 am
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Right. I've done that trip (river to Sukhumvit) many times, by both taxi and BTS. I can think of many travel experiences that qualify as "a hassle." A 20-60 minute taxi ride is not one of them. Not even close.
The traffic can be awful. Plus taxi drivers in BKK moan and groan the entire journey.

I have never attempted to do it by boat-bts-walk, but I cannot imagine it to be a pleasant experience with luggage in 35+ degree heat. I am not a fan of moving hotels, certainly within the same city. If it was me, I would stay the same place for the entire duration
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I'm diamond and haven't gotten the chance to ever stay at a "nice" Hilton property yet. Pretty much stuck in domestic HIs, DTs, and crappy Hiltons. I read the last 2 pages of the Hilton Millennium thread and people seem to dislike it. I was leaning toward the Conrad or Sukhumvit.
The Millenium Bangkoks belongs to the very crappy Hiltons. Yes, in best case you get a acceptable suite with a nice view. But there are very horrible rooms too - bad smelling, old, broken. That hotel is a local 5-star property in the meaning of international 4-star. It's for tourists without real 5-star experience. Otherwise the ratings for that hotel were even worse.

The Hilton Sukhumvit is much better and a real 5-star hotel.

The Conrad is a bit better than the Hilton Sukhumvit.

I understand, that the location really matters, if you stay there for work. But on vacation, when time doesn't really matters, it can be more interesting to go longer distances than to save time. It's cheap anyway.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:23 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
BRT? Is that a hybrid of MRT and BTS? .
LOL, you got me. That's what I get for posting a few drinks in.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by exerda
LOL, you got me. That's what I get for posting a few drinks in.
I think the person meant BTS. But there is a BRT in Bangkok, its the Bus Rapid Trransport. Never used it, but it does exist. Not sure how Rapid it really is though.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
I think the person meant BTS. But there is a BRT in Bangkok, its the Bus Rapid Trransport. Never used it, but it does exist. Not sure how Rapid it really is though.
You responded to 'the person' who posted BRT.

And few enough people use BRT that the powers that be are trying to get rid of it.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:42 am

Uber works fine in BKK. And you don't get the discussions with the driver about the fare, that you often get, if your trip is from/to a 5-star hotel.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:13 am

Room rates in April are currently 3400THB all in. Is this a good rate or shall I wait for a flash sale?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Muckael
Room rates in April are currently 3400THB all in. Is this a good rate or shall I wait for a flash sale?
All in, I think that is a good rate.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Quick question guys, do they have Queen size or Single size bed in their Twin Room?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
QUEENS
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
got it, cheers
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:34 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Muckael
Use this website and do BRG

https://www.bookbrg.com/

Plus ebates currently has a 7% cash back on hilton bookings

Last edited by Kalboz; Feb 28, 2017 at 12:40 pm
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:30 am

The website is displaying higher Hilton rates than actual. Can I just ignore the Honors rates?

Last edited by Muckael; Mar 1, 2017 at 4:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.