FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Homewood Suites by Hilton Mont-Tremblant Resort {CAN} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1388943-homewood-suites-hilton-mont-tremblant-resort-can.html)

aspenedelen Sep 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Homewood Suites by Hilton Mont-Tremblant Resort {CAN}

Staying here next Tuesday leaving on Wednesday with my two year old toddler. Does anyone have any advice with where to eat or what to do in the afternoon here?.

Anthony

tdncz Sep 26, 2012 1:29 pm

Mont Tremblant

I too will be staying at the Homewood Suites at Mont Trembalant - but for two or three nights during February. I am curious as to what sort of upgrades they give (or gave you) for Diamond Members.

Any advice?
How did it go with you?

bkafrick Mar 20, 2013 9:51 pm

I stayed here last weekend on an award stay.

No upgrade available. Hotel didnt seem full, but didnt push it.
They were very clear on the noon checkout time. When I asked about an extension (cause I was going to be skiing that afternoon) I was told it was $25/hr extra to stay past noon. They made this clear during check-in.

But, the facility was nice. Incredibly convenient to the gondola and lifts - perhaps the *most* convenient hotel in the village. They have a free ski locker storage, and they will lend you a ski lock if you dont have one.

Parking was $12.95/day plus taxes... and oh Canada has taxes... PST/HST/GST and the Village of Tremblant adds a 3% tax too. Funny how us US citizens complain about taxes ;-)

In terms of "what to do in Tremblant" if you're not skiing, the village is a blast. Lots of fun little shops, and good food. I highly recommend the Crepe place - its well worth the wait.

superbobx2 May 28, 2015 4:45 pm

Recent Trip

Went up to Tremblant on a random road trip to Montreal. Let's just say the middle season between ski season and the start of summer season (mid May) is VERY quiet up in Tremblant. Many stores are closed, and there isn't much to do (all the attractions are not open yet; we did end up going on a nice little hike in the Mont Tremblant Park though).

Had an UG to one of the two story loft suites. I could see it being really nice with family during ski season, as you essentially get two bedrooms' worth of beds and the sofabed, with plenty of space.

We drove down to the town (formerly St Jovite) for groceries and had fun cooking. They left a complimentary Dura-Flame log in the room for us along with a few cupcakes that were meh. Since it was such a low season, there was no evening reception - they did offer to deliver some soup or nachos during the evening, but it was very underwhelming. Would have appreciated if it was clear on the web site that they only host the evening reception during the high season, so it's def worth calling and double check that they have this if you're not going at a busy time.

Other than that, no big complaints. Parking was convenient, underneath the hotel in a dedicated garage.

escape4 Oct 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant = Decent Hotel but Terrible Breakfast

Introduction I have stayed at Fairmont Tremblant and Westin Tremblant before, but this time around I booked at Homewood Suites in order to compare. Homewood Suites is normally cheaper than others and my takeaway after a 2-night weekend stay is that it is indeed a notch below the competition but that it can make sense for some travelers. Location Mont Tremblant is quite compact so no hotel is in a “good” or “bad” location, but if we have to split hair then I would say Homewood Suites is probably in one of the better spots. You can easily walk to the ski slopes and it’s right off Place St-Bernard. Room As Fairmont Platinum, under Accor I now only get a one-category room upgrade, and as Marriott Plat+Ambassador I usually get very generous upgrades at Westin. I was curious to see what kind of upgrades Homewood Suites give to Hilton Diamonds. I booked the basic room (Murphy Bed studio) and without asking I received a 2-bedroom suite which is their highest room category. So they are clearly generous on that front, possibly even more so than at Westin where sometimes I get a 2-bdr suite but not always. The layout of the Homewood Suites hotel is a bit odd. My room was on the ground floor at the very end of the hotel, but in order to reach that room you actually have to take the elevator from reception to the 2ndfloor, walk the hallway and then take another elevator to go back down to the ground floor. The reason is that the hotel is quite long and many rooms sit above some shops and restaurants which are located on the ground floor. The alternative was to reach my room by walking outside, cut through the pool area to bypass all the shops on the ground floor, and re-enter the hotel about 30 meters down. The room itself has strong points and weak points. The highlight is the great living / dining area with high ceilings and ski-resort style décor including a fireplace. It’s a very nice place to spend the evening with family or friends. There is a small kitchen with full size appliances which can be convenient. The downside is that bathrooms are a bit small and nothing special (shower/bathtub combined), and the bedrooms are also small especially when comparing with how large the living room is. One bedroom had two twin beds and the other had one so in total there are three beds but they are all small and not intended for a couple. I would much rather have a room with queen or king size beds. In addition the living room has a sofa bed so in total you can sleep at least 5 people there. One other downside is that being on the ground floor I felt that privacy was a bit lacking because people walking in the pedestrian area outside could see us inside the room so you would have to draw the blinds down for privacy. Dining This hotel does not have the standard Homewood Suites Manager’s evening reception. Breakfast is provided for free to all guests, although I found it to be was considerably subpar. The problem is that since it’s free, almost all guests go to breakfast, and between 9am and 10am it’s very crowded (even in the shoulder season in October) with long queues to get food in a cramped space with low ceilings. They frequently ran out of food and staff were struggling with refills. To be honest it’s day and night with the Westin breakfast. I guess this is the problem of giving free breakfast to everybody – it can be harder to offer a decent product. The breakfast at Westin is only free for Platinum members so most of the time I go there it’s fairly quiet and quality is better. On a future stay if I stay at Homewood Suites again, I might even consider walking to Westin (across the street) for breakfast despite not even being a guest there, and pay for my breakfast rather than get the free version at Homewood Suites, which I almost never do in any city. The alternative would be to go to breakfast at Homewood Suites when it starts at 7am rather than go at the tail end a bit before 10am, but Tremblant being a holiday spot, not many people want to wake up early just for breakfast. Overall Overall it’s a decent hotel if you care about having a good room size. I have not seen the standard rooms but looking at the floor plan, I suspect they are bigger than the basic rooms at Westin so if I went to Tremblant during high season where guests cannot get an upgrade anywhere, then the basic room at Homewood Suites might be better. Also Homewood Suites is usually cheaper than Westin by a moderate margin so depending on dates, the breakfast being unpleasant at Homewood Suites is not necessarily a deal killer – you can save money on the room and just go eat somewhere else. This is what I would recommend particularly to folks who only have status at Hilton and who want to earn Hilton points and stay/night credits. This property is not perfect but it’s good enough if you set your expectations accordingly.

Adam1222 Dec 3, 2023 11:21 am

This property is showing no availability after 6/29/2024. Any idea if its leaving the chain or closing or what-not? (The HGV nearby shows nothing after March)