Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Syon Park (was Waldorf Astoria Syon Park) {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Syon Park (was Waldorf Astoria Syon Park) {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton London Syon Park (was Waldorf Astoria Syon Park) {GBR}

Drove past this last night and cannot see anything posted about it before.

Hilton Syon Park, in Brentford, W. London, due to open later this year. It's on the M4/A4 corridor, near large corporates like GSK, Allianz, News International, etc. and pretty close to LHR.

Here's some info.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:10 pm
Community Director Emerita

Arrow Hilton London Syon Park (was Waldorf Astoria Syon Park)

Waldorf Astoria Syon Park is scheduled to open in December. It's not currently accepting bookings. Is anyone familiar with the property who can comment on the best way to get there from Heathrow? And from the hotel into the center of London, Piccadilly Circus for instance?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Aug 27, 2010 at 12:34 pm Reason: jib71 knew what I meant - and I've now edited my post to say so
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Is anyone familiar with the property who can comment on the best way to get there from Heathrow?
It's not close enough to any public transport that I know of. If you're coming from Heathrow, you might want to arrange for a car service. I guess you could save some pennies by taking the tube part of the way from LHR and then get a cab. Thinking of stations from which it's relatively easy to get a cab ... There's a minicab firm with its office at Boston Manor station. (I mean the office is part of the station building). Look out, though. The minicab drivers are dreadful.

And from Heathrow into the center of London, Piccadilly Circus for instance?
I assume you mean from the hotel to central London. You can probably walk to Syon Lane station (although I think it's quite a walk) and get a train to Waterloo.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:39 pm

Tycoon O' The Day:
http://www.greekrichlist.com/2010/08...-i-buy-hotels/
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:49 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by jib71
Oh dear:

But when I visit Syon Park to see his dream location for myself, a few alarm bells start ringing. First, anyone hoping that the Grade I-listed Syon House is being transformed into a Waldorf Astoria will be disappointed: the new hotel is being built next door and is, in fact, a rather ugly redbrick structure.

The site is indeed near Heathrow: in fact, so near that it’s directly under the flightpath — and hence planes will be flying overhead every two minutes on alternate weeks (the flight paths alternate to give residents respite).
Old Aug 27, 2010, 7:09 pm

Oh dear:
Indeed.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, bmi diamond club silver
Now accepting reservations from January 2011... Jan/Feb reservations have to be made by phone, other reservations you can supposedly make online, but the system seems to have some problems when you access it from the hotel website. Best to do a search for London on the HHonors website, selecting W-A brand hotels only...

Managed to book an award reservation in March for 60k points, but had to do this over the phone, it would not locate the hotel online in the reward booking system. It confused the UK customer care people too much on the phone also, I had to call the Diamond Desk in the US who were able to do this pretty easily. They haven't officially published the point requirements / definition of high or low season, but the agent just used the points and season requirements from The Bentley.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Good Grief, It's A Waldorf!

No longer an ordinary old 3-4* Hilton, it's been upgraded to a 5* Waldorf Astoria. Strange... not a prime location, I would think.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
Yes saw it as well. Will be WA. The location could be catagoried as Heathrow area. While there is Holiday Inn in walking distance. A Novotel will open nearby. There is already a very fashionable Premier Inn and Travelodge in the area. Maybe the owner of the hotel (a very famous Billionair in UK) decide the upscale hotel is better since there are few lower grade hotels in the area already.

The nearest competitor would be Marriott in the rugby ground. otherwise it will be the only real upscale hotel between Heathrow and Earl's Court.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 1:24 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Dakota
Drove past this last night and cannot see anything posted about it before.

Hilton Syon Park, in Brentford, W. London, due to open later this year. It's on the M4/A4 corridor, near large corporates like GSK, Allianz, News International, etc. and pretty close to LHR.

Here's some info.
There was some discussion earlier about this hotel opening next year. Obviously, your thread came first!! See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...london-uk.html
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:19 pm

any weekend rates are 50% off, so the cheapest available rate is around £200, and can get the KING ONE BEDROOM SUITE for £385 (normal price @ £769).
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:02 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

is this a reasonable hotel for a LHR-overnight-LGW transit?

FDW
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
is this a reasonable hotel for a LHR-overnight-LGW transit?

FDW
Hi,

I would say not really as it is a way from LHR but still a long way away from LGW.

The preferred options would be ( depending on your arrival/departure times )
(1) Stay at a LHR airport hotel and head to LGW the next morning
(2) Head straight to LGW and stay at a LGW airport hotel
(3) Go into central london , stay at a hotel there and then go to LGW.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
It's OK for LHR, terrible for LGW as it is not even between the two. But if your flight from LGW is afternoon or evening, it should be fine. The Banking Scot more or less summarizes your options.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:07 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

thanks for the info.. i am now looking at it for a potential LHR overnight... should I just stay at the airport, hit Syon park, or head into the city..
Arriving at 1500 on a Friday, leaving out satuday at 1710...

thanks

FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.