Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2012 and beyond Honeymoon Recommendations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 and beyond Honeymoon Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by kdw133
One last update. I got the AA miles in my account and booked the flights and hotel. It's strange though that the LAX-PPT legs were easily available but the ORD-LAX portions are a problem. As of right now I have a stop each way, but AA said to keep calling back and availability should open up direct.

Really looking forward to spending our honeymoon at the Hilton Moorea. Thanks to all here who helped me narrow down my choices among all of the HH properties and then for pushing me to keep trying for Moorea when the UA miles didn't work out. Without FT we would most likely be going to Hawaii instead. My fiance never could have imagined she would be spending her honeymoon in French Polynesia.
Are you booking AA/TN economy?

There are couple days in Oct. NZ has C availability for AKL-PPT, if you go *A.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
One last update. I got the AA miles in my account and booked the flights and hotel. It's strange though that the LAX-PPT legs were easily available but the ORD-LAX portions are a problem. As of right now I have a stop each way, but AA said to keep calling back and availability should open up direct.

Really looking forward to spending our honeymoon at the Hilton Moorea. Thanks to all here who helped me narrow down my choices among all of the HH properties and then for pushing me to keep trying for Moorea when the UA miles didn't work out. Without FT we would most likely be going to Hawaii instead. My fiance never could have imagined she would be spending her honeymoon in French Polynesia.
Nice to hear it worked out. Have a great trip!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:33 pm

Thats great to hear kdw133. Going to be an amazing honeymoon I'm sure. Are you going to upgrade to an OWB?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Dia, UMP Premier Plat, AA Plat
soccerguy985 and Thunderroad, thanks for the advice and well wishes.

lewende, we are doing AA/TN economy. Upgrading to C on *A isn't worth it if we have to go all the way to AKL. Journey time becomes close to 40 hours. I'm not sure exactly what ORD-LAX-PPT is, but I think it's around 15 hours.

luv2go, we are planning on upgrading to a OWB for at least half the stay. I haven't gotten an email from the Hilton Moorea yet though. I don't know if it's because it's still so early, but I'll be on the Moorea thread to get that figured out.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
lewende, we are doing AA/TN economy. Upgrading to C on *A isn't worth it if we have to go all the way to AKL. Journey time becomes close to 40 hours. I'm not sure exactly what ORD-LAX-PPT is, but I think it's around 15 hours.
That makes sense, and have a great trip. Don't mean to ruin your vacation but last time when I took TN economy, I swore to myself that I would never fly TN on Y fare again (those Airbus seats suck!). However, when we arrive at FP, the painful TN experience was totally washed away. Anyway, the point is: the ordeal to fly TN on Y is totally worthwhile for such a romantic trip to FP, but it would be even nicer to fly on C...
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL GM/HH Diamond/Marriott Silver
I am looking at the Conrad Koh Samui in December of this year for my honeymoon and the redemption rates are 240,000 points/night!!!!

WHAT. THE. F*$^#
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: US Silver, UA Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by izmatron
I am looking at the Conrad Koh Samui in December of this year for my honeymoon and the redemption rates are 240,000 points/night!!!!

WHAT. THE. F*$^#
Looks like the 50k point rooms are booked. Trying other dates from Feb gives me the following room at 50k points per night "1 BDR OCEANVIEW POOL VILLA" and three other room types each at 200k+ points (or a note to call for redemptions):

1BEDROOM WATER FRONT POOL
1BDRM OCNVW RETREAT POOL
CRD ROYAL OCEAN/POOL VILLA

In December, only these three room types are available.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
4 months in advance is a little quick to plan a trip like that. If you are taking reward flights I'd check availability on those as well.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL GM/HH Diamond/Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jmk2135
Looks like the 50k point rooms are booked. Trying other dates from Feb gives me the following room at 50k points per night "1 BDR OCEANVIEW POOL VILLA" and three other room types each at 200k+ points (or a note to call for redemptions):

1BEDROOM WATER FRONT POOL
1BDRM OCNVW RETREAT POOL
CRD ROYAL OCEAN/POOL VILLA

In December, only these three room types are available.
It appears you are correct. I called the Diamond line last night and before I could get details of the property out, the rep was already making excuses and not even trying to help with alternatives. "Well it's probably..., maybe...", stop giving me excuses and help me book something for my honeymoon!

Originally Posted by drewdawg199
4 months in advance is a little quick to plan a trip like that. If you are taking reward flights I'd check availability on those as well.
You have a point, but I only got engaged last month, so things are quite hectic as you can assume. At least we are paying for flights.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: United, AA, Hilton
I see wide open availability for the standard room type in Feb. I think maybe you guys are misunderstanding. What people do, is they book the standard room type and the negotiate with the hotel to pay cash to get a guranteed OWB. Usually around $100 a night or 10,000xpf+tax etc. You are not going to find an OWB for standard award redepemption rates. I.e. 50k hilton points per night.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Okay, so I've gotten some feedback on great tropical locations for my honeymoon coming up June 2013 and am looking between Bora Bora or Moorea, but I also wanted to look into Europe as well.

Are there any recommendations for Hilton locations around Europe and the Mediterranean? I've looked at a few Italian and French locations, but the Hilton properties seem to be distanced from the top rated beaches. I feel heading to Europe could definitely let us get the mix of a beach for a few days along with possibilities to explore culture.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 1:12 pm

Bump for post devaluation. A lot of the points amounts for the hotels in this thread jumped big time.

I'm thinking about Los Cabos as of now (most affordable). Does anyone have any other good suggestions? The issue I'm having with Los Cabos is that you're stuck always eating at the hotel (which can get expensive/boring), I'm sure drink prices are quite high, and the breakfast seems to be one of those upgrade for the good stuff types.

My point total right now isn't the highest, but I'm hoping to hit at least 400K points by the time I book...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.