Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

I had a two room, one night stay and my charges don't add up..

Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+

This is what I had in my confirmation email:

And it was the same for both rooms, and our check out sheet matched.

These are my pending transactions:

Anyone have any idea what is going on? (Me being an idiot is a possibility)
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Those numbers do not make any sense. Sometimes hotels do not properly close out authorizations so until those pending charges hit as confirmed I wouldn't worry too much.

If they do move out of pending status, then contact the property to get an explanation and correction. If they fail to do that within a week, contest the charges with your CC and be sure to keep a list of dates, names, and discussions.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by poser
This is what I had in my confirmation email:

And it was the same for both rooms, and our check out sheet matched.

These are my pending transactions:

Anyone have any idea what is going on? (Me being an idiot is a possibility)

Looks like the possibility of the BAR rate + possible charges to your room.
Did you use a debit card to hold the rooms?

Quite often 2 charges show as pending (1 as a holding spot +1 as possible charges). Once the actual charges go through this will disappear.

However, you might want to call the hotel and ask, just to clarify if questions.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Are you sure the 38.08 entries aren't negative?

125.25 - 38.08 = 87.17, could be a rounding issue when you have two rooms.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
This is nothing to worry about. Don't know why the four transactions are on the "pending transactions" list instead of two but these types of "holds" are sloppy and get lost in the process. They work themselves out in the end.

If you add up the actual room charges and the smaller amount of the "pending transactions" list, they equal (materially) what the larger "pending" transaction is.

I'm betting that your final amount that gets posted will be for the proper amount.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
If you're trying to get HHonors points for this stay, and I hope you are, then good luck getting the points to post properly for the two rooms. Hilton struggles with crediting HHonors properly when two rooms are involved. I've always had to follow up with a phone call.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shoreline
Looks like the possibility of the BAR rate + possible charges to your room.
Did you use a debit card to hold the rooms?

Quite often 2 charges show as pending (1 as a holding spot +1 as possible charges). Once the actual charges go through this will disappear.

However, you might want to call the hotel and ask, just to clarify if questions.
I used a credit card

Originally Posted by cottonpatch
If you're trying to get HHonors points for this stay, and I hope you are, then good luck getting the points to post properly for the two rooms. Hilton struggles with crediting HHonors properly when two rooms are involved. I've always had to follow up with a phone call.
I'am... hopefully it works

Originally Posted by trm2
Are you sure the 38.08 entries aren't negative?

125.25 - 38.08 = 87.17, could be a rounding issue when you have two rooms.

That kinda makes sense
Old Sep 11, 2012, 1:36 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Pending means nothing at all. It's pure fiction. What matters is what is actually charged.

You won't know what you were charged until the actual charges come through.

What did your invoice say? If it matched, I would not worry about it as the pending will be replaced by the actual charges.

Banks should not make pending transactions available for the customers to see. It would make life so much easier for everybody.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cordelli
Pending means nothing at all. It's pure fiction. What matters is what is actually charged.

You won't know what you were charged until the actual charges come through.

What did your invoice say? If it matched, I would not worry about it as the pending will be replaced by the actual charges.

Banks should not make pending transactions available for the customers to see. It would make life so much easier for everybody.
I understand what a pending transaction is. Every other hotel I have been I get charged room price + $50ish deposit.. These numbers dont seem to add up, hence why I was asking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.