Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport {US-CO}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport {US-CO}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport {US-CO}

One night stay there on 9/1/12
booked King Evolution room
rate $95.00 a/i

Billed as an Airport hotel, it is near the grounds of COS airport. The property itself is about a 5 minute shuttle ride to the airport. The shuttle operates on an on-demand schedule from the airport and every 30min to the airport. Though depending on how busy the front desk is they will shuttle you to the airport on-demand. The HGI and COS HI are right next to each other and share the shuttle.

The property is newer and looks like a purpose built HGI. It is well maintained and has all of the normal amenities. It looks like there is no fitness center and instead gives day passes to the 24hr fitness. There is a bar and a basic restaurant HGI standard.

The hotel room.

the room was of standard size. It was also immaculately clean. After the train wreck that was the PHX Hilton this was a welcome change. Only problem with the room was the feast or famine nature of the air-conditioning. It was either cold or hot in the room.

wi-fi was fast, free and reliable.

Breakfast

I passed on breakfast in favor of the points. The breakfast priced out at 12.00 so they charge more for breakfast then you get in points so for golds and diamonds it maybe worth it to get breakfast. The food looked good. The free coffee was tasty enough and better than the dishwater I have had at other HGIs

overall, I wouldn't hesitate to book here again.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:20 am

Stayed here on 1-Sept. Requested a high floor and was placed on ground. Hotel was full as it was parent's weekend at the Air Force Academy.

Hotel seemed new. Room was clean. Bed was comfy. Air con worked well.

Hotel is kind of isolated, about 10mins to any stores and food, and 20mins to the main highway.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 6:50 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Updating from a one-night stay earlier this week (one VERY nice thing is that as of this writing, parking for however long you need it is free. With the right rate, makes it not much more than parking at the airport for a week's + stay).

Hotel was very empty. Check-in staff very nice. Room standard, nice HGI.

Frustration, though, the next morning when told there would be no breakfast because the hotel so lightly occupied. I picked the hotel instead of the adjacent Hampton because of the breakfast (the Hampton's parking and fly rate was the same). If a hotel isn't going to offer any breakfast, that ought to be disclosed on the reservation page.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Updating from a one-night stay earlier this week (one VERY nice thing is that as of this writing, parking for however long you need it is free. With the right rate, makes it not much more than parking at the airport for a week's + stay).

Hotel was very empty. Check-in staff very nice. Room standard, nice HGI.

Frustration, though, the next morning when told there would be no breakfast because the hotel so lightly occupied. I picked the hotel instead of the adjacent Hampton because of the breakfast (the Hampton's parking and fly rate was the same). If a hotel isn't going to offer any breakfast, that ought to be disclosed on the reservation page.
I understand the hotel not wanting to offer breakfast if occupancy is low, but I've been to HGIs where there was maybe 10 guests and they still offered breakfast. They should have given you 10 bucks or so to get something at the airport.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:44 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Another one-night stay before a very early flight. Staff continues to be helpful and affable. The cheeseburger in the restaurant is surprisingly good and not too usuriously priced for a captive market. Bed comfortable. Left too early to sample breakfast.

With the next door Hampton's recent remodel and price inflation, this is now often a better choice in every way. Plus, according to the front desk clerk, extended parking continues to be free.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:53 am

Another one-night stay before a very early flight. Staff continues to be helpful and affable. The cheeseburger in the restaurant is surprisingly good and not too usuriously priced for a captive market. Bed comfortable. Left too early to sample breakfast.

With the next door Hampton's recent remodel and price inflation, this is now often a better choice in every way. Plus, according to the front desk clerk, extended parking continues to be free.
Are the beds at this hotel innerspring mattresses, or the usual HGI air mattresses?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:09 am

Sorry, don't remember.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:07 am

Sorry, don't remember.
I called the hotel:

The King beds are air mattresses.

The Queen beds are innerspring mattresses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.