Mersin Hilton SA {TUR}

Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Arrow Mersin Hilton SA {TUR}

We stayed here in April 2012. Since there seems to be little information about it, here are our notes.

On arrival by car, the porter arrived quickly and, after unloading our bags, parked the car for us. The front desk staff was friendly with a good level of English, and we were upgraded to a one-bedroom suite on the executive floor (we had paid for a executive room). The suite had two small balconies overlooking the sea and the unfortunately empty pool. The pool is a good size and was being prepared for the season.

The gym is fully equipped and used by locals, with lots of free weights, treadmills, elliptical machines.

The front desk was unable to provide a map of Mersin. Acutally, no one seemed to have a map of the town.

Internet was TL 38 for 24 hour unlimited. Their provider is Swisscom, which I have never had a positive experience with. Rumors were that the internet in the lobby would be free from July.

A walk along the sea to the old town market area was about 30 minutes, and the cab back cost TL 10.

We had dinner at their Greenhouse restaurant, which was somewhat uneven. The Italian pasta was disappointing, but the fried cheese was ok. For main courses, the fish was better than ok and the manti (tiny Turkish ravioli) were very good. The lobby bar is expensive for alcohol (whiskeys TL 26-32-39) and we certainly recuperated the higher cost of the Executive room with before dinner drinks and breakfast.

Executive Lounge

Evening food buffet:
2 hot dishes (chicken skewers and egg rolls)
Dessert pastries
6-8 mezze
Olives
Cheese plate
Carrot and celery sticks
Jalapeño slices

Drinks (self serve, from 6-8pm only, if I remember correctly; I’m not sure how late the food stays out; soft drinks are available all day):
Johnny Walker red
Red and white wine
Vodka
Efes beer
Gordon’s Gin

Breakfast:
Fruit, cereals, olives, cheese, hot and cold pastries, 2 types of scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, juices, coffee, tea

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.