Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Airline Acquisition 2012: Instant Gold Status thru 3/2014 + Bonus — TARGETTED

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Acquisition 2012: Instant Gold Status thru 3/2014 + Bonus — TARGETTED

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Alex_I
- O.K. I did receive this offer by e-mail with my AA EXP # listed. The problem is that I am HHonors Diamond with 1 stay short of re-qualifying for Diamond through March 2014 (this means that I already re-qualified for Gold). I called HHonors Diamond Desk and they told me that there is no way for me to get 50,000 points after 4 stays per conditions of this offer.
Sign up with the code and open a new account by a "mistake". Once you have had the four stays at properties where your Diamond status would not had mattered i.e. HGI//HI, just merge your accounts.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by holtju2
Sign up with the code and open a new account by a "mistake". Once you have had the four stays at properties where your Diamond status would not had mattered i.e. HGI//HI, just merge your accounts.
Anyone actually do this and it worked out? I totally want the bonus points even though I'm Diamond!!!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
The bad news: Just tried calling in an attempt to blag it onto this offer and was told it was targeted

The good news: The agent said there was another promotion going on currently which she would not give me the name for that would give me 2,500 extra points after my next eligible stay within the next 60 days
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Is any other Gold or Diamond who really earned status getting pissed at Hilton for just giving Gold away like candy or selling it with a credit card for $95 a year? I think Hilton forgot loyalty is a two way street.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:26 am
uxb
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by little_dc
Is any other Gold or Diamond who really earned status getting pissed at Hilton for just giving Gold away like candy or selling it with a credit card for $95 a year? I think Hilton forgot loyalty is a two way street.
+1, but I think Hilton has essentially thrown in the towel. It's too corporate now.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: HH Dia, UMP Premier Plat, AA Plat
As a HHonors Diamond who earns it with stays every year, I am a little perturbed that they continually cheapen the program with offers like this. I've always said they need a level above Diamond (50 stays/120 nights?) to recognize their truly elite customers.

That being said, I got the AA offer and the T&C says it is available to current HHonors members by calling customer service. I'm going to give it a shot and see what comes of it. Wouldn't mind an extra 50,000 points in my account.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kdw133
As a HHonors Diamond who earns it with stays every year, I am a little perturbed that they continually cheapen the program with offers like this. I've always said they need a level above Diamond (50 stays/120 nights?) to recognize their truly elite customers.

That being said, I got the AA offer and the T&C says it is available to current HHonors members by calling customer service. I'm going to give it a shot and see what comes of it. Wouldn't mind an extra 50,000 points in my account.
KDW --

did the e-mail come from Hilton or AAdvantage?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:36 am
uxb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
KDW --

did the e-mail come from Hilton or AAdvantage?
My E-mail came from AAdvantage. I then found out the link to the other airline offers, and shared w/ the rest of FT.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by uxb
My E-mail came from AAdvantage. I then found out the link to the other airline offers, and shared w/ the rest of FT.
Thanks very much UXB!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:14 pm

Well that was a bummer... I was SO excited about this promotion since I was Gold before and was demoted to Silver last year... I just called and they said yes it was sent out in error but she'd give me some points. BLAH. What I really wanted was Gold Status. Is there no way to get them to budge? I read the agent the fine print about it saying that if you're already a member you can still get the Gold level, but she didn't care. Any suggestions?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:19 pm

Should have mention I received the email myself, so I should qualify
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Originally Posted by lulubean
Well that was a bummer... I was SO excited about this promotion since I was Gold before and was demoted to Silver last year... I just called and they said yes it was sent out in error but she'd give me some points. BLAH. What I really wanted was Gold Status. Is there no way to get them to budge? I read the agent the fine print about it saying that if you're already a member you can still get the Gold level, but she didn't care. Any suggestions?
This blows if it holds up. My hope is that they are still sorting out the details themselves and that all the agents aren't equally well informed.

As suggested by others, if we really can't get it despite being targeted, then I would say open a new account and merge later (assuming that removing the AA # from the current account will allow it to be used for a new one).
Old Aug 10, 2012, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Juxta3000
Question for the group. Does that bother those that have worked hard for their status that is offered to others like this?
Originally Posted by little_dc
Yes. If anything, if they're going to continue devaluing the program and stuffing people into the elite ranks, then at least run concurrent promotions for current HHonors members that give us a bonus, too. I'd love these 50k points, but hate that it looks like I'll have to jump through hoops to get them, and that the same amount is being given to the airline transfers.

Then again, if they're getting folks off the street with no status at all, it's relatively unlikely that those folks will be staying in Hiltons as much as elites, and thus won't be competing for upgrades, lounge space, and the like. But still, inflating the ranks is going to increase that possibility.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 2:49 pm
uxb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gooselee
Yes. If anything, if they're going to continue devaluing the program and stuffing people into the elite ranks, then at least run concurrent promotions for current HHonors members that give us a bonus, too. I'd love these 50k points, but hate that it looks like I'll have to jump through hoops to get them, and that the same amount is being given to the airline transfers.

Then again, if they're getting folks off the street with no status at all, it's relatively unlikely that those folks will be staying in Hiltons as much as elites, and thus won't be competing for upgrades, lounge space, and the like. But still, inflating the ranks is going to increase that possibility.
I dun think you have to worry about upgrades since they don't exist at Hilton.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: Primary: AA & Marriott; Also Hilton, JetBlue and United
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
The bad news: Just tried calling in an attempt to blag it onto this offer and was told it was targeted

The good news: The agent said there was another promotion going on currently which she would not give me the name for that would give me 2,500 extra points after my next eligible stay within the next 60 days
+1. Exactly what happened to me. I'm HHonors Gold already, and received the email. They told me it was an error that I received it and it should have gone only to those who weren't gold already. Gave me 2,500 points for my inconvenience upon next stay (Monday night!)

Still... it's there error that I received this and it doesn't say anywhere in the small print that if they make an error I'm not eligible for it. Sounds like crap to me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.