Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Wembley {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 2:32 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
The granola challenge take two! Which would you eat? No clues as to who’s is who’s!
Old May 11, 2019, 2:42 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

I’ll upload the picture later when home as can’t seem to do it from the phone...
Old May 11, 2019, 7:30 am

Third time lucky? Picture of the Granola...Which one do you like better? Voting now open until Monday evening 6 PM...

Granola Challenge Take II
chrism20, wizla and MoodyB like this.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
Was great meeting wizla and sharing a laugh or two in the lounge, loved the outdoor terrace, nice vibe and not too busy! Time flew and we soon had to queue to get in the concert. Great gig, they didn’t disappoint.

Came back earlier than wizla and the bars the bars were dead as most people still in concert I guess. The icon bar had a good setup but unfortunately the staff weren’t too motivated and the beer selection was dismal (they show a lot of great beer on their menu but didn’t have them for whatever reason). The skybar was busier but it had a duo playing Spanish guitar and singing which sounded nice but not after a hard core hip-hop/rap concert!

Had a reasonably early night and a good sleep. Now waiting for that hip hop hero wizla for breakfast.

As ill need to be pleasant this morning to interact interact with other human beings, I opted for a quick trip to Caffè Nero around the corner to get a shot of ‘be nice’ or two. One also waiting for wizla if he can get his head off the bed! (he’s actually been up longer than me and done a morning sauna apparently but still can’t help a bit of banter!

we’ll report back and do a live rate my breakfast plate....stay tuned!
.....And didn’t we have fun!......an absolute pleasure to hook up for a chat and drink last night and I’m glad you liked the show, enjoyed breakfast too and I await the result of the “ rate my plate “ but I have a feeling you may take the crown off me this time.

I didn’t bother with the gym this morning I opted for a swim instead, it was fairly busy but not unpleasant...... met botb for breakfast ( thanks again for the posh coffee mate! ) , I thought it was a reasonable spread, we both enjoyed some granola ( not a patch on Bankside) the hot offering and I had some chocolate bread which seems to be at most Hilton breakfasts nowadays, what a strange concept yet quite nice.
I checked out at 10-45, no queues and I’m on my way.....parking is £15 per 24hours, make sure at checkout that you get your card stamped! or it’s £75!.

CONCLUSION - yep, I really like it here, the rooms aren’t amazing but very good, clean and tidy, the lounge is huge and the service was good, shame they have no fizz but that aside it works well.
The area is very nice too with plenty of shops , restaurants and bars....I would happily recommend and return.

ROOM NO - 828 ( this has a connecting door but I didn’t hear anything)

NEXT PLANNED STAY. - Hilton Canary Wharf ( 17/6 / 19 )

UPDATE - I just noticed the room plan on the app does not accurately show the rooms with connecting doors, 828 did but doesn’t on map!
MoodyB likes this.

Last edited by wizla; May 11, 2019 at 7:38 am Reason: Additional information added
Old May 13, 2019, 11:41 am

Well, wizla, we’ll have to call it a tie regarding the granola challenge as no one voted! (Guess it answers the question of what happens if you call a challenge and no one answers!)

Thanks to those that read along on the live reporting and liked the photo!

Safe travels everyone!
treppenlaeufer and MoodyB like this.
Old May 13, 2019, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by BotB
Well, wizla, we’ll have to call it a tie regarding the granola challenge as no one voted! (Guess it answers the question of what happens if you call a challenge and no one answers!)

Thanks to those that read along on the live reporting and liked the photo!

Safe travels everyone!
Yes, I was thinking the same, although personally I preferred your exhibit more ( Botb was the one on the right ), fair play mate .
I’ve tried to upload some room pics but unsuccessfully.....will try again in a few days.
treppenlaeufer and MoodyB like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
Will look to take this advice in future stays - are all rooms ending in -30 the same?
wizla likes this.

Last edited by mjbdiamond; Jun 14, 2019 at 3:07 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by mjbdiamond
Will look to take this advice in future stays - are all rooms ending in -30 the same?
Got a stay here next week and took Wizla's advice and requested room 530, got email confirmation today so looking forward to it!
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by LouisV
Got a stay here next week and took Wizla's advice and requested room 530, got email confirmation today so looking forward to it!
Nice!......you will like it, the walk in wardrobe is huge ( on left as you walk in ) second left takes you into the lounge area......shame the view has gone!
Don’t forget to come back and let us know how you get on.... cheers Wizla.
LouisV likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by mjbdiamond
I’m fairly sure they are ...... when I looked at the map when I stayed last month it appeared that way .
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They have had a crackdown on the breakfast "standards" here recently, though the floor management give the impression this wasn't their idea. Among the more silly aspects of this is that Marmite has been banned from display (yes, I know most other Hiltons in the UK don't seem to have this difficulty). However in the cupboard below the jams etc, there is convenient bowl of mini Marmites, readily available on request. It would be good if other Wembley users could provide specific, constructive feedback about this, particularly if they are Diamonds, since the supervisors believe this does carry some weight.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They have had a crackdown on the breakfast "standards" here recently, though the floor management give the impression this wasn't their idea. Among the more silly aspects of this is that Marmite has been banned from display (yes, I know most other Hiltons in the UK don't seem to have this difficulty). However in the cupboard below the jams etc, there is convenient bowl of mini Marmites, readily available on request. It would be good if other Wembley users could provide specific, constructive feedback about this, particularly if they are Diamonds, since the supervisors believe this does carry some weight.
Can’t say I really noticed when Botb and I stayed a month back, I once won a years supply of marmite....... one jar! ������

Last edited by wizla; Jul 11, 2019 at 6:11 am
Old Jul 11, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton Hhonors, Avis, Hertz
Wink

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Marmite is just pure evil and deserves to be hidden in a cupboard, if not entirely banned!
dgreen12, NoY, Abidjan and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:08 am
cjd

Had another stay last week. Booked 2 rooms for 4 nights during summer sale, one King Family room for daughter and 2 granddaughters, one King room for self and wife. No upgrade given prior to check in. On arrival as a Diamond member, King room upgraded to King Executive room on 8th floor. No suites available on first night and that was confirmed on app before arrival. King family room was fine, but as it was one of the hottest weekends in London, we found the a/c in our Exec room was not working. Moved to another room on 8th floor and offered suite from the next day for remaining 3 nights. Suite 801, a small corner suite was fine and gave us some extra space and we slept well in the comfortable bed . Hotel very generous and gave all five of us access to Exec lounge and full breakfast each morning. Enjoyed the pool for the first couple of days, but it closed for maintenance work after the second night, which was disappointing for the children. Since our last stay, it now appears that they have done away with the hot offerings in the Exec lounge, but a good choice of cold canapes, salad, bread, biscuits and cheese . As on previous stays, we parked in the adjacent Gold car park and this costs £15 per night when you get your ticket validated at reception. We all enjoyed the stay and again found this to be a great value for money stay, especially when paying summer sale prices.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by cjd
Had another stay last week. Booked 2 rooms for 4 nights during summer sale, one King Family room for daughter and 2 granddaughters, one King room for self and wife. No upgrade given prior to check in. On arrival as a Diamond member, King room upgraded to King Executive room on 8th floor. No suites available on first night and that was confirmed on app before arrival. King family room was fine, but as it was one of the hottest weekends in London, we found the a/c in our Exec room was not working. Moved to another room on 8th floor and offered suite from the next day for remaining 3 nights. Suite 801, a small corner suite was fine and gave us some extra space and we slept well in the comfortable bed . Hotel very generous and gave all five of us access to Exec lounge and full breakfast each morning. Enjoyed the pool for the first couple of days, but it closed for maintenance work after the second night, which was disappointing for the children. Since our last stay, it now appears that they have done away with the hot offerings in the Exec lounge, but a good choice of cold canapes, salad, bread, biscuits and cheese . As on previous stays, we parked in the adjacent Gold car park and this costs £15 per night when you get your ticket validated at reception. We all enjoyed the stay and again found this to be a great value for money stay, especially when paying summer sale prices.
Apart for the pool being closed it Sounds like a good stay, I thought they had to provide at least one hot offering in the lounge as a brand standard?.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.