Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Wembley {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
I’m here along with Botb this coming Friday ....looking particularly forward to this one for many reasons, 1, I’ve not stayed here for a long time......2 Botb and I have become good friends and it’s always great to hook up for a few beers and laughs....... 3 , Public enemy are playing next door at the arena , they are my personal favourites and I have a stage pass.

Should arrive around 3pm, hopefully use the gym and sauna before meeting Botb in the executive lounge before we both hit the gig......will try for live report but will be busy, no upgrade yet but it’s early days, of course any other FT folk staying here are welcome to join us.....will report back!
Abidjan, BotB and MoodyB like this.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by wizla
I’m here along with Botb this coming Friday ....looking particularly forward to this one for many reasons, 1, I’ve not stayed here for a long time......2 Botb and I have become good friends and it’s always great to hook up for a few beers and laughs....... 3 , Public enemy are playing next door at the arena , they are my personal favourites and I have a stage pass.

Should arrive around 3pm, hopefully use the gym and sauna before meeting Botb in the executive lounge before we both hit the gig......will try for live report but will be busy, no upgrade yet but it’s early days, of course any other FT folk staying here are welcome to join us.....will report back!
Preupgraded to king executive room two days before, just done OLCI to a room on 8th floor.....let’s see!
MoodyB likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:28 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Well, I knew I was special but apparently Hilton loves wizla more than me! I had to wait until just now to be upgraded to an exec room and will OLCI on the 8th floor as well but not having stayed here before, is it better to get a room with an outside view and potential noise or one that looks inward to what I assume is a central open courtyard?

Really looking forward to this stay as wizla mentioned for several reasons, a new UK Hilton for me, a night away with mates, and finally getting to see a band that I listened to back in the early 90's but have never seen live! Besides wizla there is another (former) FTer going (they were banned from FT) so a mini DO really!

Taken the day off work to be able to get up after a bit of a lie in at home, journey down in a reliable car (a bit of an inside plug at wizla's car, hope he makes it! ) and be there in time to avoid Friday rush hour traffic around London, get a bit of rest, maybe use the hotel facilities for once! and then meet up in the exec lounge with a great guy and enjoy a shared drink or two before the gig! (and I don't have to drive afterwards either so a proper win all round tomorrow and Saturday. Have another lie in, eat a full English (my wife would kill me if she knew!) and then casually make my way back home to tell the wife it was all terrible and a good thing she didn't come! (thank goodness she's not on FT!)

Looking forward to tomorrow, anyone else staying here? Don't be shy we won't bite...

We may be able to do a rerun of 'rate my breakfast' as well!

Safe travels everyone, have a great weekend!
MoodyB likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BotB
Well, I knew I was special but apparently Hilton loves wizla more than me! I had to wait until just now to be upgraded to an exec room and will OLCI on the 8th floor as well but not having stayed here before, is it better to get a room with an outside view and potential noise or one that looks inward to what I assume is a central open courtyard?
If there is something on at The Arena, just avoid the acute angle (aka sharp point) on the trapezium shaped room map, that's the worst place for the noise. So the area above the Reception desk. The hotel generally is quite well insulated, but that point can be a bit bad. The Stadium rarely has anything on late, so it's just The Arena really, and more the congregation of people outside more than anything else. The inner courtyard is quiet, though the view a bit drap, but just as quiet are the rooms further away from the point. Might mean a bit of walking from the lift though.
BotB likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:22 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Thanks corporate-wage-slave, that's been very helpful. ^ Taken a room on the opposite side from the arena, cheers! (and not the room opposite/beside wizla, just in case one of us snores or makes too much noise!)
wizla likes this.

Last edited by BotB; May 9, 2019 at 2:29 pm Reason: Not the room beside wizla!
Old May 9, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by BotB

Really looking forward to this stay as wizla mentioned for several reasons, a new UK Hilton for me, a night away with mates, and finally getting to see a band that I listened to back in the early 90's but have never seen live! Besides wizla there is another (former) FTer going (they were banned from FT) so a mini DO really!

Taken the day off work to be able to get up after a bit of a lie in at home, journey down in a reliable car (a bit of an inside plug at wizla's car, hope he makes it! ) and be there in time to avoid Friday rush hour traffic around London, get a bit of rest, maybe use the hotel facilities for once! and then meet up in the exec lounge with a great guy and enjoy a shared drink or two before the gig! (and I don't have to drive afterwards either so a proper win all round tomorrow and Saturday. Have another lie in, eat a full English (my wife would kill me if she knew!) and then casually make my way back home to tell the wife it was all terrible and a good thing she didn't come! (thank goodness she's not on FT!)

Looking forward to tomorrow, anyone else staying here? Don't be shy we won't bite...

We may be able to do a rerun of 'rate my breakfast' as well!

Safe travels everyone, have a great weekend!
Yes mate, I’m looking for to this too and yes I will have a courtesy car for the journey down ( ha, you cheeky toad! ) .
I should be there around 2pm, I’m thinking the same gym , sauna and swim , i May pop over to help with sound check but will definitely be in the lounge for 6pm.
If we can let’s get the sofas down the quiet end of the lounge.
As for “ rate my breakfast “ , sure......bring it on!......will report back!
hugolover and BotB like this.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:40 pm

I've only ever stayed in outward looking rooms here.

Sadly there is no view now due to all the new buildings in front of the hotel. I stayed at the Novotel down the street last month (Hilton was full) and walked past the Hilton a few times. The area now feels very claustrophobic compared to a couple of years ago.
hugolover, BotB, wizla and 1 others like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:55 am

Arrived 2-30pm, room not ready but room next door was so I took it...... 8th floor executive room overlooking a bunch of scaffolding, however I was aware of this but still a shame the view of stadium has gone.
Super king bed ( English size ) looks comfy, room fairly large, safe , minibar , large desk.

BATHROOM - fairly small, shower over bath type arrangement, double toiletries, two robes , two pairs of slippers.

Keycard for power, make sure you get two at check in.

Now in lounge, very quiet, afternoon tea is only served on Saturdays but there is some shortbread and pretzels out, nice coffee but does require an extra shot !

Plan to use gym between 3-4 ........sauna/swim 4-5 and be in the Lounge for 6pm sharp to meet Botb.

Will report back!
hugolover and MoodyB like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 8:59 am

Arrived just after 3 PM, car park (gold car park next to hotel) is extremely convenient but wow it’s tight (for my long beast) so that was entertaining! No queue so immediate check in at Honors desk. Friendly staff, did OLCI so soon on way but did need to sign their form and they hadn’t cut the keycards yet. Otherwise great service. Nice hotel, it’s my first time here and good impressions so far, better than I thought. Room is decent (also on 8th floor) corner room away from arena. Large, same facilities in room as Wizla, minibar locked! Two water bottles in room. Also shower over bath in mine.

Now in lounge and coffee machine was being serviced so having soft drink instead will give wizla’s extra shot (coffee) a go later on. Lounge is large and pleasant with glass on two sides and an outside patio. ^

Parkkng is validated at the end of the stay so no need to mention anything until you check out (I asked just in case).

looking forward to this evening and catching up with friends.

Safe travels!
hugolover and MoodyB like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 9:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Wow. Parallel Wizla & BotB live reporting from the same property! Keep it up guys and have a grat evening/gig!^
Abidjan, BotB and wizla like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
Wow. Parallel Wizla & BotB live reporting from the same property! Keep it up guys and have a grat evening/gig!^
Update: Wizla went to do the responsible thing and do a work out and hit the pool...I’m being the sloth and have decided to get something to eat! A few chain restaurants nearby (wagamama’s, zizzi’s, presto, pizza express among others) so I’m eating a pizza and drinking beer to balance out wizla’s workout for balance on this live report.
Abidjan and MoodyB like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:02 am

We’re now live from the lounge.

Stella just put out, a red and a white wine, will see what else in a minute once the dust settles!
Abidjan, hugolover and MoodyB like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:03 pm

I think it only fair to email the GM and warn him of the inspection his lounge is currently undergoing. I bet that Stella would soon be replaced by something more premium like Becks Blue ...
Abidjan, hugolover, BotB and 2 others like this.
Old May 11, 2019, 1:06 am

...... Only used the gym briefly for some cool down exercises as I decided to jog around Wembley stadium ( it’s a nice day here) ..... the gym is ok but nothing amazing, pool area is good too, it was fairly quiet, sauna plenty hot enough,steam room not so.
Met Botb in the lounge at 6pm, we had a great night, we sat outside on the terrace with a couple of others ( ex FlyerTalk members) ..... the lounge was probably half full all night, nice vibe.

CANAPÉS - potato balls, chicken wings ( these were horrible) , onion bargi...... nice cheeseboard and salmon moose, salad, crudités.

BEERS- just Stella

SPIRITS - apparently available on request.

WINE - red , white but no fizzy.

We were there to around 7-30 before we went to the gig , I returned around 11-30pm and had a nightcap in the skybar with a few old friends I saw at the gig, it was fairly lively.

This morning I popped into lounge to grab a coffee and there was only 2 others taking breakfast...... will use gym and have a quick sauna before breakfast, I’m meeting Botb at 9am.....will report back!
treppenlaeufer likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 2:06 am

Was great meeting wizla and sharing a laugh or two in the lounge, loved the outdoor terrace, nice vibe and not too busy! Time flew and we soon had to queue to get in the concert. Great gig, they didn’t disappoint.

Came back earlier than wizla and the bars the bars were dead as most people still in concert I guess. The icon bar had a good setup but unfortunately the staff weren’t too motivated and the beer selection was dismal (they show a lot of great beer on their menu but didn’t have them for whatever reason). The skybar was busier but it had a duo playing Spanish guitar and singing which sounded nice but not after a hard core hip-hop/rap concert!

Had a reasonably early night and a good sleep. Now waiting for that hip hop hero wizla for breakfast.

As ill need to be pleasant this morning to interact interact with other human beings, I opted for a quick trip to Caffè Nero around the corner to get a shot of ‘be nice’ or two. One also waiting for wizla if he can get his head off the bed! (he’s actually been up longer than me and done a morning sauna apparently but still can’t help a bit of banter!

we’ll report back and do a live rate my breakfast plate....stay tuned!
treppenlaeufer and wizla like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.