Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Wembley {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:05 am
cjd

Had another good stay over Easter weekend. Hotel was very busy due to a wedding in the ballroom on Saturday with many guests staying in the hotel. No suites available, but upgraded from a standard King room to King Executive on the 8th floor, all for £71 per night in the recent sale. Great value for this hotel so near London. Car parked in the nearby Gold car park, although for dropping off and unloading luggage, they now appear to have blocked off the small slip road area at the entrance to the hotel, which used to be very convenient for unloading and loading luggage. They used to advertise rooms with Wembley Stadium views, but have stopped doing that now as the view is a building site! The new development opposite will be 12 storeys high and the Hilton is 9 storeys high. Views of the stadium will soon disappear, which is a shame as it always looked very impressive from the Restaurant and Exec lounge. Good selection of hot and cold food each evening in the lounge and beers, wines and spirits(on request) available. The lounge is a good size and there were seats available each evening. Managed a swim on arrival as well as use of the sauna and steam room. Always find the buffet breakfast has plenty of choice and the dining staff very helpful. Didn't use the Underground on this visit, but went for the "Uber" way into Central London. Another good stay here. We keep coming back for such good value, as long as we can avoid match or event days when the prices sometimes go sky high.
chrism20 and wizla like this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by cjd
Had another good stay over Easter weekend. Hotel was very busy due to a wedding in the ballroom on Saturday with many guests staying in the hotel. No suites available, but upgraded from a standard King room to King Executive on the 8th floor, all for £71 per night in the recent sale. Great value for this hotel so near London. Car parked in the nearby Gold car park, although for dropping off and unloading luggage, they now appear to have blocked off the small slip road area at the entrance to the hotel, which used to be very convenient for unloading and loading luggage. They used to advertise rooms with Wembley Stadium views, but have stopped doing that now as the view is a building site! The new development opposite will be 12 storeys high and the Hilton is 9 storeys high. Views of the stadium will soon disappear, which is a shame as it always looked very impressive from the Restaurant and Exec lounge. Good selection of hot and cold food each evening in the lounge and beers, wines and spirits(on request) available. The lounge is a good size and there were seats available each evening. Managed a swim on arrival as well as use of the sauna and steam room. Always find the buffet breakfast has plenty of choice and the dining staff very helpful. Didn't use the Underground on this visit, but went for the "Uber" way into Central London. Another good stay here. We keep coming back for such good value, as long as we can avoid match or event days when the prices sometimes go sky high.
hey, thanks for the trip report, I'm glad it was good!......I've never really considered über, was it expensive to central London from there?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by wizla

hey, thanks for the trip report, I'm glad it was good!......I've never really considered über, was it expensive to central London from there?
Adlee were £27 from the hotel to Kings Cross when I stayed there in November.

Shame the view is gone from the lounge and some of the room. It was nice to sit and chill looking out over towards the stadium.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:51 am
cjd

We actually went to the Olympia Exhibition centre near Kensington and it was just under £16 each way, which I thought was good value. Cars were with us within minutes and journey took about 25 mins.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
Adlee were £27 from the hotel to Kings Cross when I stayed there in November.

Shame the view is gone from the lounge and some of the room. It was nice to sit and chill looking out over towards the stadium.
im going to miss that view, I always used to request room 530 as it's a huge king suite.....the view from the sitting area was great......I'm also thinking the view from the outside lounge terrace is gonna be screwed now too.......shame!
chrism20 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by cjd
We actually went to the Olympia Exhibition centre near Kensington and it was just under £16 each way, which I thought was good value. Cars were with us within minutes and journey took about 25 mins.
cheers, yeah that's fairly reasonable.......as I'm claustrophobic and can't use the tube I rely on black cabs and sometimes busses which is fine up London but patchy on the outskirts......I may download the app and give it a try.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
I'm having a new stay planned for end of April. We're already have a confirmed upgrade to Exec, this time I'm bringing my son and my dad to attend a Spurs game at Wembley. I will get back with a report once where onsite.

EK
wizla likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:12 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Erikderek_SWE
I'm having a new stay planned for end of April. We're already have a confirmed upgrade to Exec, this time I'm bringing my son and my dad to attend a Spurs game at Wembley. I will get back with a report once where onsite.

EK
Just be warned that the concierge informed me that it gets quite rowdy when Spurs play their home games at Wembley and that includes at the hotel. They have even removed all the seating in the entrance area as the fans just fool around and cause damage.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by cjd
Just be warned that the concierge informed me that it gets quite rowdy when Spurs play their home games at Wembley and that includes at the hotel. They have even removed all the seating in the entrance area as the fans just fool around and cause damage.
Thank's for the heads up, we stayed here in December when Spurs played Stoke and they had a few extra doormen (or what they are called) before and after game, it was all quiet at the hotel. It difference from game to game I assume, who Spurs are playing etc.

The away team (if not a London neighbor) usually stays at the Wembley Hilton, there for suite upgrades are scarce the day before game day. When the top tier teams with high profile players (Manchester clubs, Liverpool etc.) visit they move the Exec lounge to a conference room and the team have the lounge at their own disposal and have breakfast there etc, this also applies to Champions League opposition.

EK
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:18 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Erikderek_SWE
Thank's for the heads up, we stayed here in December when Spurs played Stoke and they had a few extra doormen (or what they are called) before and after game, it was all quiet at the hotel. It difference from game to game I assume, who Spurs are playing etc.

The away team (if not a London neighbor) usually stays at the Wembley Hilton, there for suite upgrades are scarce the day before game day. When the top tier teams with high profile players (Manchester clubs, Liverpool etc.) visit they move the Exec lounge to a conference room and the team have the lounge at their own disposal and have breakfast there etc, this also applies to Champions League opposition.

EK
Thanks for that interesting info. Oh dear, I see that they play Newcastle in a few weeks! Don't think they're classed as top tier though!!
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Directions to / from tube (building works)

If you are taking the tube to this hotel, the building works are hiding the buildings quite mightily at the moment, it's not just around the stadium. Google Maps is also currently misleading. Plus they are beefing up the security barriers. It's an 8 minute walk.

Leaving Wembley Park stadium take the Wembley Stadium exit on the right side, down the steps under the main road and you'll see the stadium in front. Walk past the Novotel and then Students Unite housing complex. As you approach the slope up to the stadium bear to the right side slope; you won't see the Hilton thanks to all the building work. But you should see the orange sign for Brent Library and then the Civic Centre. As you walk towards that the Hilton will then come into view, it's just past the Wembley Arena. In the event of getting lost, follow the signs for the SSE Arena rather than the Stadium, given a choice. From the hotel to the tube, the Arena is visible, so it's past that, then the Civic Centre, then bear lefwards down the main drag to the tube station.

(wizla - the Metropolitan is almost entirely overground, from Baker Sreet, just 1 stop and 11 minutes, it's nearer a train than a tube. The old compartmented carriages have almost all gone now).
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If

(wizla - the Metropolitan is almost entirely overground, from Baker Sreet, just 1 stop and 11 minutes, it's nearer a train than a tube. The old compartmented carriages have almost all gone now).
Thanks mate.....that's worth knowing, I'm ok with the odd tunnel or underground section but when it stops underground between stations I get a bit wobbly.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue

Thanks mate.....that's worth knowing, I'm ok with the odd tunnel or underground section but when it stops underground between stations I get a bit wobbly.
Another travel option is overland train from Marylebone to Wembley stadium Station.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by russ1h

Another travel option is overland train from Marylebone to Wembley stadium Station.
i never knew that..........when it comes to east/south and maybe north London I know it like the back of my hand, however west London looses me a little..........cheers russ, nice one.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue

i never knew that..........when it comes to east/south and maybe north London I know it like the back of my hand, however west London looses me a little..........cheers russ, nice one.
Your welcome Wizla. I always use this route when staying it only takes 9 minutes too
wizla likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.