Hilton London Wembley {GBR}

Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:51 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by wizla
Yeah, let us know how you get on........most of my stays have been when the stadium is quiet but I've stayed when the FA cup semi finals was on last year and still bagged a suite upgrade!......the lounge is huge and I've never seen it overly busy, nice outside terrace too ( handy for smokers) .
Personally I prefer the king suites to the corner suites as I like the walk in wardrobe, also you loose some space in the corner suites as a huge pillar runs through the corner sitting area......that said it's still way better than an executive room in my opinion .
My gut feeling is you will receive a great upgrade and have a great stay but don't forget to report back!.........enjoy.
We are there in just under 2 weeks with a standard King room booked. Now that Tottenham are playing their games at Wembley, approx every couple of weeks, it remains to be seen how busy the hotel is on those weekends. They play West Brom on Sat 25 Nov, but we will be out all day so will miss the crowds around the stadium. Will see if we get any upgrade from the Friday and how busy the lounge is on that evening.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by cjd
We are there in just under 2 weeks with a standard King room booked. Now that Tottenham are playing their games at Wembley, approx every couple of weeks, it remains to be seen how busy the hotel is on those weekends. They play West Brom on Sat 25 Nov, but we will be out all day so will miss the crowds around the stadium. Will see if we get any upgrade from the Friday and how busy the lounge is on that evening.
Originally Posted by cjd
I was there when arsenal played a big game ( can't remember who, I don't follow football ) and lounge was closed as they had booked it for a private party , there was a temporary lounge in the broom cupboard on floor 2 and was pretty rubbish ( think I reviewed it on here ? )..........apparently it's not uncommon another diamond told me.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I was there when arsenal played a big game ( can't remember who, I don't follow football ) and lounge was closed as they had booked it for a private party , there was a temporary lounge in the broom cupboard on floor 2 and was pretty rubbish ( think I reviewed it on here ? )..........apparently it's not uncommon another diamond told me.
Yeah, for the Spurs Champions League games the opposition sides have been staying here. The whole Exec floor was booked out for the team and the lounge closed for the match I happened to be staying there at the same time.

Makeshift lounge in the evening and breakfast only in the restaurant in the morning.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
If Newcastle ever made it to Wembley, I would gladly sacrifice my EL experience.
cjd likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:05 am
cjd

Originally Posted by cjd
Well, as expected, hotel was extremely busy with not only the football match being played at the Wembley Stadium on the Saturday, but also major concerts at the Wembley Arena on Friday and Saturday nights. No suites were available for diamond upgrades, but they did upgrade us to an executive room on the 8th floor. Used the lounge on Friday evening, where a good selection of hot and cold food were available. Beer, wines and spirits(on request) were available. As usual, given choice of breakfast in lounge or restaurant and we prefer the full buffet choice in the restaurant. As mentioned by others, building work is ongoing between the hotel and the stadium and in a year or so, would imagine, the restaurant and most rooms will lose the view of the stadium. They are building apartments, offices and retail premises along the full length of the hotel and nearby shops adjacent to the stadium. A few minor niggles were encountered, such as not getting the room I checked into online, safe in the room not working and lack of hot water on Sunday morning, but these did not spoil our stay.
wizla and navelfluff like this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Yeah, let us know how you get on........most of my stays have been when the stadium is quiet but I've stayed when the FA cup semi finals was on last year and still bagged a suite upgrade!......the lounge is huge and I've never seen it overly busy, nice outside terrace too ( handy for smokers) .
Personally I prefer the king suites to the corner suites as I like the walk in wardrobe, also you loose some space in the corner suites as a huge pillar runs through the corner sitting area......that said it's still way better than an executive room in my opinion .
My gut feeling is you will receive a great upgrade and have a great stay but don't forget to report back!.........enjoy.
Didn't get my upgrade confirmation in advance and the app said that they had an Exec-room ready (what I had booked, but was "doing their best to accommodate the upgrade" or something like that. We arrived 2:30 to check in and the clerk said our room wasn't ready, I asked about by pending upgrade request and she didn't really understand and I explained about the upgrade request mail I got (from Hilton) when I booked my room and she just said "sorry all suites are booked for your stay"... first time ever I've not had an upgrade honored at a UK Hilton. Apparently the Wembley Hilton wasn't "doing their best"
EDIT: Just saw the entire Stoke City team incl. coaching and medical staff in the restaurant, that have might something to do with all the suites being unavailable Friday to Saturday. Would it be appropriate to ask the check in staff for an upgrade now for our two last nights?

Our room wasn't ready (I had filled in 3 PM in the app during check-in), and we where directed to the lounge to wait. Waited we did, at 3:30 PM I finally asked the lounge attendants about my room which the replied, no we haven't heard anything... after a few minutes the attendant come by and said they talked to the front desk and hour wasn't ready yet but they had told house keeping to speed up, around 3:45 PM the attendant told us that front desk was bringing our keys to the lounge and we went to our room and in about 10-15 minutes had our bags delivered.

We had som drinks, wine and snacks in the lounge and the offer was quite good, chicken skewers some potato thing (fried breaded) and veggies and dip as well as greece sallad to be finished with a cheese selection.
Attentive and friendly lounge staff.

Now we're about to get dressed and to go the restaurant for breakfast, we'll try the lounge breakfast tomorrow.

EK

Last edited by GOTBound; Dec 9, 2017 at 2:31 am Reason: Rooms
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I like the bit EK about you have never had an upgrade denied in the UK, you have done well, and if you are still gold better than me as a diamond- but have had some great upgrades too.
Have a stay this weekend, currently showing as a king corner suite, which I will be very happy with. Any advice on best corners?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Skimanant
I like the bit EK about you have never had an upgrade denied in the UK, you have done well, and if you are still gold better than me as a diamond- but have had some great upgrades too.
Have a stay this weekend, currently showing as a king corner suite, which I will be very happy with. Any advice on best corners?
yep, the higher the better........ I got upgraded to one once and it was on the top floor ( they are down the pointed end of the building, reception end ) ....... I would OLCI to the highest one possible this morning.
they are nice , smallish bathrooms but the view from the pointed bit is great, shame there is a big indoor post in the way but there is enough room to sit between it and the floor to ceiling windows..........good choice!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Never had an upgrade denied until Hilton Wembley.

EK
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Have been staying here repeatedly because of a London based project. Last stay I was upgraded to the corner suite on the 8th floor which was fabulous. Often get an exec floor upgrade. But not always. 50:50. Elevators are real fast here and the lobby is neat.

I totally love this hotel - gym is small but with great views (for now!) of the Stadium. Pool, sauna, steam. Changing rooms are quite heavily used.

Exec Lounge evening spread is nice and is replenished quite frequently which is good because the lounge has been very busy in the evenings recently. Lounge decor is real relaxed - lots of newspapers and usual sodas, ok coffee machine.

Great hotel which I keep returning to.
100% recommended and for diamonds is great choice.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Had a good stay, it is one of my preferred London hotels and is quite useful to train links to the Midlands via Chiltern railways, Wembley Stadium station being 5 mins away on foot.
Very friendly welcome- by name which was very impressive- at the HHonors desk. Upgraded to corner suite, 5 th floor which was very nice and very appreciated. Welcome card and fruit platter.
As upthread, the lounge her is great. They will get other drinks for you (e.g. a Gin and tonic), staff were friendly and it wasn't too busy. Very pleasant Spanish member of Staff we were talking to about where to go in Madrid.
The area has a lot going for it, with a number of places to eat and the outlet shopping centre. It is almost worth staying a night at the hotel to go shopping! Wembley is so different to how it was ten years ago, and is much better.
Slept very well, comfy bed, good pillows and quiet.
We had breakfast in the lounge for convenience, and were not disappointed, it was more than adequate, and again had a nice variety of juices and smoothies, like Birmingham Metropole. I hope this is becoming more widespread.
Again, friendly departure. A very good stay, which ticked lots of boxes. We had a great few days in London.
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Can anyone advise me what the parking is like here? Is there any car parks close by?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
Can anyone advise me what the parking is like here? Is there any car parks close by?
yep, you want the gold car park , it's on the same road as the hotel about two doors before ( Google maps , street view is your friend! ) ....... think it's £15 for 24 hours , don't forget to get front desk to stamp your ticket upon check out to get the discount!.......but you pay at the Machine in car park....it's also very secure.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat

yep, you want the gold car park , it's on the same road as the hotel about two doors before ( Google maps , street view is your friend! ) ....... think it's £15 for 24 hours , don't forget to get front desk to stamp your ticket upon check out to get the discount!.......but you pay at the Machine in car park....it's also very secure.
Thanks for the info.
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Originally Posted by RAPC
Yeah, for the Spurs Champions League games the opposition sides have been staying here. The whole Exec floor was booked out for the team and the lounge closed for the match I happened to be staying there at the same time.

Makeshift lounge in the evening and breakfast only in the restaurant in the morning.
I was there that night too, I’m pretty sure that the busyness and lounge being closed was due to the mother of all Bar Mitzvah’s was taking place in the ballroom.
RAPC likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.