Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Ealing {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Ealing {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2016, 11:33 am

We've been here this weekend as other half was at a party last night.

Wasn't upgraded but did notice there were no premium rooms available to book four days out so wasn't really expecting one.

Arrived just before midnight on Friday and was checked in very quickly with a couple of bottles of water handed to us along with the cookies.

Room was on the fifth floor. Caledonian you will be glad to know you haven't missed out on anything apart from a slightly lower ceiling compared to the floor below.

The rooms as others have said are very small, this is the kind of room I would expect in very-central London not Ealing whilst the bathroom takes things to a whole new level. We managed to manoeuvre well, however if you happen to be anymore than a 36/38w or upwards of 6'2" a bathroom on the fifth floor of this property will not be to your liking, infact you would probably break out in a sweat just thinking about it.

Breakfast was very nice, decent choice and has been quite relaxed although the coffee isn't the best - I'd recommend requesting a latte or cappuccino rather than the stuff out the pot.

It's a decent enough hotel and the rooms are quite well furnished. Overall I'd say 8/10.

One thing that did make me chuckle was when checking in there was a woman complaining like hell about police sirens and noise from outside. When I went for a walk at 6:15am on Saturday she was there again complaining, and again at 10am when we went for breakfast AND again at 12:30pm when I had to get the keys recoded as they had wiped. The staff on the front desk clearly have patience!
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by chrism20
We've been here this weekend as other half was at a party last night.

Wasn't upgraded but did notice there were no premium rooms available to book four days out so wasn't really expecting one.

Arrived just before midnight on Friday and was checked in very quickly with a couple of bottles of water handed to us along with the cookies.

Room was on the fifth floor. Caledonian you will be glad to know you haven't missed out on anything apart from a slightly lower ceiling compared to the floor below.

The rooms as others have said are very small, this is the kind of room I would expect in very-central London not Ealing whilst the bathroom takes things to a whole new level. We managed to manoeuvre well, however if you happen to be anymore than a 36/38w or upwards of 6'2" a bathroom on the fifth floor of this property will not be to your liking, infact you would probably break out in a sweat just thinking about it.

Breakfast was very nice, decent choice and has been quite relaxed although the coffee isn't the best - I'd recommend requesting a latte or cappuccino rather than the stuff out the pot.

It's a decent enough hotel and the rooms are quite well furnished. Overall I'd say 8/10.

One thing that did make me chuckle was when checking in there was a woman complaining like hell about police sirens and noise from outside. When I went for a walk at 6:15am on Saturday she was there again complaining, and again at 10am when we went for breakfast AND again at 12:30pm when I had to get the keys recoded as they had wiped. The staff on the front desk clearly have patience!
Haha, I love these stories......jeez police sirens in London are just second nature.......I Used to stay at a mates flat in elephant and castle and it was all night long!, we got used to it after a couple of nights.
Not stayed at this hotel but from what I hear it ain't nothing special?

Last edited by wizla; Nov 20, 2016 at 1:12 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 20, 2016, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Haha, I love these stories......jeez police sirens in London are just second nature.......I Used to stay at a mates flat in elephant and castle and it was all night long!, we got used to it after a couple of nights.
Not stayed at this hotel but from what I hear it ain't nothing special?
Yeah once we were in the room we both had a laugh about it when the first police car went flying past. The hotel is on a crossroads so there is traffic coming from all directions. I didn't think it was that bad tbh although in Edinburgh we live opposite the docks so there is heavy vehicle traffic almost 24/7 so we are used to it.

As for the hotel I'm pretty sure it's ex-ramada. To be fair it's not that bad and it's more than bearable for the one or two nights. It's more business than leisure though I would say.

The size of the rooms though are shocking and I feel for anyone who is a bit larger than normal who checks in here as it won't be pleasant.

Decor wise the furniture is very similar to HGI Glasgow, DT Leeds and DT Manchester Piccadilly except the wood is dark instead of light. Nespresso machines in all the rooms as well so it's not all bad.

At £69 a night in the sale a month or so ago it's more than acceptable and we would happily go back at that price.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:57 am

Yeah once we were in the room we both had a laugh about it when the first police car went flying past. The hotel is on a crossroads so there is traffic coming from all directions. I didn't think it was that bad tbh although in Edinburgh we live opposite the docks so there is heavy vehicle traffic almost 24/7 so we are used to it.

As for the hotel I'm pretty sure it's ex-ramada. To be fair it's not that bad and it's more than bearable for the one or two nights. It's more business than leisure though I would say.

The size of the rooms though are shocking and I feel for anyone who is a bit larger than normal who checks in here as it won't be pleasant.

Decor wise the furniture is very similar to HGI Glasgow, DT Leeds and DT Manchester Piccadilly except the wood is dark instead of light. Nespresso machines in all the rooms as well so it's not all bad.

At £69 a night in the sale a month or so ago it's more than acceptable and we would happily go back at that price.
Yeah sounds ok, I did look at it when I booked Wembley during the week but it was only a £12 saving over Hilton Wembley so I booked Wembley as pool/sauna/ lounge etc, that said I've drove past it a few times and the area looks nice......as for nespresso, what a great idea!.....I own one of them, great invention!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
It's a good hotel. It's very well located for the Piccadilly Line and not too far from Ealing Broadway. Wembley is definitely better, but there are good reasons why you might prefer the Ealing location. Staff are good, breakfast is good (never had the Wembley breakfast) and the rooms are comfortable. It's also a points bargain for something that, while it's not in Central London, is definitely a London experience and one that you could consider as a tourist on a budget.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:30 am

I'd actually say the Ealing breakfast is better quality than Wembley tbh. There is less choice but the food quality is definitely better.

Completely agree re the points options. At 30k or £38 & 12k it's a bargain and as you say it's a short hop on the tube into central London.

The common is quite nice to sit with a coffee first thing and watch the world go by.

The only negative we leave with is the size of the rooms everything else has been great.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:03 am

I'd actually say the Ealing breakfast is better quality than Wembley tbh. There is less choice but the food quality is definitely better.

Completely agree re the points options. At 30k or £38 & 12k it's a bargain and as you say it's a short hop on the tube into central London.

The common is quite nice to sit with a coffee first thing and watch the world go by.

The only negative we leave with is the size of the rooms everything else has been great.
Gotta agree on the breakfast even though I've not been to Ealing, whilst at Wembley I was getting some granola there was an employee filling the cereal containers up with the cheapest looking boxes of cornflakes, branflakes and rice crispies I've seen........great selection but not quality.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
This is part of London I tend to pass through, but am thinking of trying on a virtually sold out London stay.
What's it like around the hotel, and how long would you say to Excel?
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Skimanant
This is part of London I tend to pass through, but am thinking of trying on a virtually sold out London stay.
What's it like around the hotel, and how long would you say to Excel?
It's on the edge of Ealing Common which is quite nice and the tube is less than five minutes walk away.

Plenty of local shops in the area as well as Starbucks, Costa, Sainsbury's, Nando's etc. Ealing Broadway is walkable with a good choice of shops there as well.

Excel? The common station is on the Uxbridge branch of the Piccadilly line, changing to the Jubilee at Green Park then the DLR at Canning Town I think could probably be done in about 70 mins if you get a clear run at it with no disruption.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Doubletree Ealing (London) GBR 4* at good value

DoubleTree by Hilton London - Ealing Hotel

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

2-8 Hanger Lane Ealing Common London, GB W5 3HN

4* at good value (0 Photo)

As a Hilton Honors member, I got a great value deal from this Doubletree by Hilton which is located west of Central London in the Borough of Ealing.  While I was initially concerned about not being in Central London, the hotel is only a 3 minute walk to 2 tube lines (District & Piccadilly) and a 10 minute walk to the Central Line.  It took maybe 30 minutes to go to/from LHR on the Piccadilly line.  The room has a queen bed with an extremely comfortable mattress, Crabree & Evelyn bathroom products, a mini refrigerator, a Nespresso maker, a kettle with a choice of teas, and huge HD TV mounted on the wall, and plenty of outlets.  On the day of arrival, I found a bottle each of both still and sparkling water in the room as well as a terry cloth bathrobe and slippers.  I checked in online the day before and requested extra pillows and towels; both were in the room when I arrived as well.

For a stay in late March, I paid £78 per night for a queen room plus breakfast.  Each morning's breakfast included a generous buffet including scrambled eggs (not salty at all which was pleasantly unusual in the UK), fresh fruits, muffins, fruit juices, choice of breads/English muffins for toasting, hams, cheeses, hot cereal, yoghurts, a selection of fruit preserves, and other English hot breakfast choices like bacon, hot beans, grilled tomatoes, and cooked mushrooms.  An array of UK newspapers is available in the lobby every morning.  When I was seated for breakfast, the hostess asked what type of tea I would like and then the server brought a porcelain (or ceramic?) teapot with the tea already steeping.  Those who wanted coffee were given an equally beautiful presentation coffee.

While I initially was turned off by being in Ealing, I changed my mind quickly because of the amenities of the property & ease in getting to Central London and LHR.

4* at good value

Would you like to write a review on the DoubleTree by Hilton London - Ealing Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 4, 2017, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Analise
Did you not see this?

That doesn't show up on the thread list, just 4* at a good value.

As UpgradeMe says, most people just add their views to the master thread for the hotel in the usual way.

You have helped point out that the review function is wonky and a waste of time though.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by craigthemif
That doesn't show up on the thread list, just 4* at a good value.

As UpgradeMe says, most people just add their views to the master thread for the hotel in the usual way.

You have helped point out that the review function is wonky and a waste of time though.
Sounds right to me. The mods can fix the wonky title and merge this if they so deign.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
A four-star Doubletree? I didn't think that existed.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
It's a good hotel, but a little too far to ride on the tube outside London. Same value, but better quality and closer into the centre is the Hilton Wembley
Old May 4, 2017, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by navelfluff
It's a good hotel, but a little too far to ride on the tube outside London. Same value, but better quality and closer into the centre is the Hilton Wembley
Wembley is closer than Ealing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.