Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre {GBR}

I stayed at Hilton hampton Liverpool last March and the priced was 12500 HH per night. I just checked tonight and the price per night anytime this year or next year is at least 25000 HH? That's a bit of a rip off..Whats changed?
Old May 4, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
It was one of the hotels that went up April 30th - the Liverpool Hilton also increased.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...30-2012-a.html
Old May 4, 2012, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
It went from a Cat2 to a Cat3. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...30-2012-a.html
http://hhonors1.hilton.com/ts/en_US/...nce_040312.pdf
Old May 10, 2012, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Cheers.. that explain it..
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Hampton Inn Liverpool charged me for a cancelled booking

I had booked a room at the Hampton Inn by Hilton Liverpool on 23rd Oct. I had subsequently cancelled the booking on line with a cancellation number generated.

It wasn't until mid Nov that I couldn't understand why a regular direct debit charge didn't go through my debit card that I contacted my bank from overseas. It was only then that I learned of a strange charge by the above said hotel. I called the hotel and spoke to someone at the front desk who said that they will get back to me in an hour. 6 hours later. Nothing.

I called again, and spoke to someone at front desk who said that I no showed but I told them I had a cancellation number and gave that to him. He said that he will check into this. I also said that due to their error i feel that I should be entitled to some form of compensation ( I did not state what) due to my having to track down the problem, calling one company to another, and dealing with the other purchase etc. He said that yes I will see what I can do.

After a week, they wrote back and said, 'yeh, we made a mistake, sorry. Here's your money back. Sorry about your other charge got declined. Not our problem. Goodbye.'

I wrote to HHonors Customer Service who said that they will liase with the hotel.

The above same person wrote back to me with the same explanation and that they will not give me anything else.

I've had other Hilton properties do so much more when something less happened (such as a heater not working) and yet this property refused to do anything. The hotel admitted it was their error (or rather the website's error as they didn't get the cancellation) but yet made no effort in trying to win back my custom. Is that right?

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Nov 26, 2014 at 9:58 pm
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:47 pm

They goofed up, you had a runaround but were eventually made whole, you tried to get more and failed. Woulda been nice if they tossed something your way but they didn't. Stuff happens, move on.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by smmrfld
They goofed up, you had a runaround but were eventually made whole, you tried to get more and failed. Woulda been nice if they tossed something your way but they didn't. Stuff happens, move on.
+1

Had something similar with another Hilton hotel earlier this year. Took a bit of sorting at my end, which was frustrating. I wanted a refund, they offered that and an apology and I moved on.

In the case of the OP, a gesture to make up for the inconvenience would be appreciated, but they have chosen not to. Move on, but if you are unhappy, just vote with your wallet if you are in the area again. The new Aloft in Liverpool for example is pretty nice as an alternative.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:18 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Hampton Inn Liverpool charged me for a cancelled booking

If they have made no effort to retain your custom then simply go elsewhere. Consumer choice.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I had a billing issue with this same hotel several years ago and they were not helpful at all.

I would probably not stay at this location again. Also, the room was tiny!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by paul4040
If they have made no effort to retain your custom then simply go elsewhere. Consumer choice.
Yes. Sad isn't it.

Thank you for your comments.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Yes. Sad isn't it.

Thank you for your comments.
It comes down to a question of how much such a charge by the hotel should likely inconvenience you.

If a smallish charge of 100-500gbp, on a CC it would not be unreasonable to expect only limited inconvenience to you

If you lack a CC and use you 16digit current account debit card instead of a CC then debits could bounce and incur charges of £39 or so a time

It would be hard to argue a 1night hotel charge will cause lots of fees, but if hotel unexpectedly charges say 5nights at £1000 before checkin or post legit cancelation you could say the hotel caused incidental losses

Going to a small claims court would likely end up in hotel being ordered to pay restitution for the bank fees. You get nothing for the inconvenience and letters/time you spend sorting this out
Old Jan 24, 2015, 5:03 pm

Waste and Sewage Problem Hampton Liverpool

Checked in earlier today. Really bad sewage smell problem. From the car park to the awfully worn carpet levels of at least the first floor it is stomach churning bad. Then you go to the loo and there is no toilet paper. Where is the management in this place? Check in was surly at best. My overall impression will be a smell of bad human sewage. Won't be back.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: United GS, HHonors Diamond
I *tried* to stay there once around a year ago. I booked a room around 3 weeks in advanced. Showed up at 8pm to be told they had no rooms left! The front desk acted like it was nothing, and didn't seem to care.

They tried to relocate me to another Hampton around 15 miles away. After an hour of telling them that wasn't acceptable, they finally put me up in a Holiday Inn (which was terrible, and at which I had to pay for parking, internet and breakfast) a mile away. No follow up, no compensation.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:01 pm

Ok, seriously, what is the deal with Hilton properties in the UK? I swear every other post in this forum details another awful thing about a UK Hilton property. It's not making me want to come visit anytime soon!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by turntheheatdown
Checked in earlier today. Really bad sewage smell problem. From the car park to the awfully worn carpet levels of at least the first floor it is stomach churning bad. Then you go to the loo and there is no toilet paper. Where is the management in this place? Check in was surly at best. My overall impression will be a smell of bad human sewage. Won't be back.
Are we talking about the airport hampton?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.