Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

A UK Hilton has police raid my room, says I was running a brothel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A UK Hilton has police raid my room, says I was running a brothel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by uxb
Expect more of these raids as the Olympics inch closer.
And the Jubilee. The UK is going to be a fully-fledged police state this summer. Thankfully I'll be there and back before the nonsense gets into full swing.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:27 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
And the Jubilee. The UK is going to be a fully-fledged police state this summer. Thankfully I'll be there and back before the nonsense gets into full swing.
Hah! Just gonna skip it all together in favour of Rio 2016.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by stimpy
OK, thanks to pressure from Hilton Corporate, the deputy manager of the hotel called me today. His side of the story is this.
Well done stimpy, handled in an exemplary fashion amongst the various FT braying and drama.

One correction though, I think you'll find they call it the Hilton St. Andrew's Coast now (to attract the golfers). Have stayed there many times. I quite like the hotel with the views across the Tay from the rooms and the restaurant.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Let me be clear that at no time was I outraged or offended. Innocent people never should complain about a non-overly intrusive police questioning. But as a frequent traveler I hold the hotels and airlines I deal with to a professional level that I felt wasn't quite reached in this case. But it's not the end of the world. As these forums here are filled with what are, at the end of the day much worse hotel criticisms, I'll go ahead and tell you this thread is about a stay at the Hilton Dundee. I have no other problems with this hotel. Well except never a suite upgrade as Diamond.
You are a better man than I. I would definitely be upset with the property and the whole situation based on the info you just provided. I dont think I would be inclined to consider the info you listed as a reason for me to think there was prostitution activity going on and so what if there was. I do work in my hotel room all the time.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Total incompetence from the hotel. If you are a Diamond member and repeat guest, I'm assuming your name, address and payment info is all stored in your HHonors profile that the hotel have access to freely. The whole point of the HH program is so that the hotel knows who you are.

Notwithstanding the fact that one would have to be a seriously stupid individual to run a sex ring using fully traceable hotel reservations.

I'm guessing this logic wasn't applied by your local friendly crime-fighting...er, hotel receptionist. Quite amazing really.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I find it strange that an overworked hotel maid who is responsible for many rooms would have time to note and report a video recorder, assuming that it is a normal consumer model and not extensive professional equipment. In fact, my first reaction was that maybe the maid was snooping in luggage and drawers, perhaps even looking for something good to steal. Could she have remembered the video recorder because she had been thinking of stealing it?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:54 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
my wife was in the room alone with a black woman and a woman with a strong eastern European accent. ..... one of the maids reported seeing a video camera in our room.
So there are pictures
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Just got a note from Hilton Corporate that they are apologizing and sending me a one-night BMG cert as a gesture of goodwill. So that's nice.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:08 am
uxb

Just got a note from Hilton Corporate that they are apologizing and sending me a one-night BMG cert as a gesture of goodwill. So that's nice.
Ugh! That's it??? A big to Hilton Corporate and the property manager.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I find it strange that an overworked hotel maid who is responsible for many rooms would have time to note and report a video recorder, assuming that it is a normal consumer model and not extensive professional equipment. In fact, my first reaction was that maybe the maid was snooping in luggage and drawers, perhaps even looking for something good to steal. Could she have remembered the video recorder because she had been thinking of stealing it?
These forums never cease to amaze me.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:19 am

I reckon you're in with a good chance of a mention in the FT TalkMail newsletter though
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:19 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
All kidding aside, for you this is a service issue but what about your wife and her friends, are they torqued about being mislabeled and challenged by the police? Seems like somebody owes them an apology.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Jailer
All kidding aside, for you this is a service issue but what about your wife and her friends, are they torqued about being mislabeled and challenged by the police? Seems like somebody owes them an apology.
I don't know about OP's wife, but if it had happened to my wife and her friends, she will never stay at that hotel again. Once she was in a bank and the teller asked her if she is a "mail ordered bride" just because of her Russian accent. She never went back to that bank again. Judging someone just by accent or color of the skin is just plain wrong.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Need
I don't know about OP's wife, but if it had happened to my wife and her friends, she will never stay at that hotel again. Once she was in a bank and the teller asked her if she is a "mail ordered bride" just because of her Russian accent. She never went back to that bank again. Judging someone just by accent or color of the skin is just plain wrong.
I agree and not dissimilar to judging a hotel maid as a likely thief.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:59 am
uxb

Originally Posted by golfmad
I agree and not dissimilar to judging a hotel maid as a likely thief.
I had a stay in New York where I left some belongings in the room for my girlfriend. When she arrived, everything was gone. Despite hanging a DnD sign, the folks are housekeeping were, in fact, the culprits. Obviously, it is not always the case, but...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.