Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Which upgrades more, Honors Diamond vs. amex platinum's Fine Hotels program?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

Not sure where to post this, hhonors or amex, so please forgive me if this is misplaced

I have both HH diamond and amex plat, which has this FHR program that gives space permitting upgrades. Does anyone know which is better for getting upgrades? I *assume* you can't really book with both and double your chances of upgrades, and that you have to either book through hilton directly with HH diamond or through FHR without HH diamond. If that's the case, which would you go with?

Thank you!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:21 pm

I've only tried this with Starwood hotels, not Hilton - but the FHR desk can add your loyalty program number to one of their reservations. Best of both worlds (although in my experience FHR treatment is better than any elite status)!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:35 pm

Unless things have changed recently, you can book through FHR and still get points/amenities. Be certain to call the hotel to verify that your HHonors number has been added to the reservation.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Ah, terrific. Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by accrue450
Hi,

Not sure where to post this, hhonors or amex, so please forgive me if this is misplaced

I have both HH diamond and amex plat, which has this FHR program that gives space permitting upgrades. Does anyone know which is better for getting upgrades? I *assume* you can't really book with both and double your chances of upgrades, and that you have to either book through hilton directly with HH diamond or through FHR without HH diamond. If that's the case, which would you go with?

Thank you!
Curious to understand how this would work anyway since from what I can tell, only the Rome Cavalieri is the only Hilton brand hotel on the FHR list?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Curious to understand how this would work anyway since from what I can tell, only the Rome Cavalieri is the only Hilton brand hotel on the FHR list?
Eh, heh, so I guess it's actually either-or when it comes to the two after all
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:50 am

There are several other hotels, a few that I can think of (there may be others):
Hilton Hawaiian Village-Ali'I Tower
Grand Wailea
Arizona Biltmore
Waldorf Towers
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
bump!

any recent insight (FHR vs. a vanilla HH diamond booking)
can
looking at the conrad FLL...

do you earn HH points on fHR now?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by entropy
bump!

any recent insight (FHR vs. a vanilla HH diamond booking)
can
looking at the conrad FLL...

do you earn HH points on fHR now?

always have and still do; book FHR, get points and FHR welcome amenity and better chance at a great upgrade. Have booked Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah three times this way in a base room and received upgrade to best available suite category all three times

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.