Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Go to Denny's - even the Hampton Inn itself admits how bad their breakfast has become

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Go to Denny's - even the Hampton Inn itself admits how bad their breakfast has become

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
...and had biscuits and gravy...
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Used to be the case with quite a few Hamptons. Oh, that that such a glorious day might again spread more widely!
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
I have made a deal with my breakfast attendants that they can skip B&G for now, but once our lobby renovation is complete we need to have it at least once a week...
Some years ago I asked my late father how he'd enjoyed his HI breakfast. He said it was okay but the oatmeal tasted "funny." We eventually figured out that he'd mistaken the gravy for oatmeal and we all had a good laugh.

Our recent stays including quite decent breakfasts at a couple of properties in the southwest gave me the impression HI was upping its breakfast to compete with the other HI (Holiday Inn Express) but reading this thread reminds me that there are differences among properties.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
You misquote me.

Force mediocrity. Force.

The example of the your property's breakfast shows that corporate standards don't force you to do a mediocre job on breakfast.
Why would Hilton force a hotel owner to lower the breakfast standards? They don't make a penny more from the franchisee if they increase or decrease the quality of the breakfast?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mr_edward_p
Why would Hilton force a hotel owner to lower the breakfast standards? They don't make a penny more from the franchisee if they increase or decrease the quality of the breakfast?
Franchises are often require to follow strict guidelines on what they can and can not do. This is mainly so that a customer will find the properties to be consistent no matter where they are staying. So, in effect it is a forced mediocrity if the property wishes to do better but can not. It is also a forced mediocrity if the proper wishes to do less as well but then it would an increase in quality rather than a decrease.

McDonald's has done great building a business model that is based on predictable mediocrity. One knows when they walk in what they are going to get. It should never be bad and it should never be exceptional compared to other McDonald's. It is consistently mediocre. The Hampton breakfast is the same, predictably mediocre.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:12 am

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 10:44 am Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Breakfasts are fine!

Have stayed in numerous Hamptons and found their breakfasts to be more than adequate. No one should expect gourmet in a chain like Hampton, but usually the food is plentiful and hot and the variety is okay. Most have similar breakfasts depending on the day. If you are looking for better, the more upscale HH franchises have a higher quality breakfast. No one should be looking for a Mercedes breakfast in a Chevy property.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:39 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
No one is. I'd be happy with a Chevy breakfast.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by cblaisd
No one is. I'd be happy with a Chevy breakfast.
Other than the recalls? This car analogy is spoiling my appetite for breakfast and I'm sitting at home.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:17 am

I'm in the camp that thinks they've gone downhill. I used to be able to find something I could eat. I'm happy with fruit and yogurt or a bowl of cold cereal, but green bananas and HFCS and chemical laden yogurt and cereal won't work for me.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mareh
I'm in the camp that thinks they've gone downhill. I used to be able to find something I could eat. I'm happy with fruit and yogurt or a bowl of cold cereal, but green bananas and HFCS and chemical laden yogurt and cereal won't work for me.
You could be here in NC and microwaving a white paper bag for breakfast. Let me tell you, nothing starts the day like two pancakes with a sausage patty in the middle being passed off as a breakfast sandwich, no siree!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dwcatty
You could be here in NC and microwaving a white paper bag for breakfast. Let me tell you, nothing starts the day like two pancakes with a sausage patty in the middle being passed off as a breakfast sandwich, no siree!
What number is that?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
What number is that?
Ugh. A four? Six is the sausage biscuit.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dwcatty
Ugh. A four? Six is the sausage biscuit.
I think it's an 8 actually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.