Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Hilton Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Can anyone comment on this property vs. the Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor? I know the Hilton has direct terminal access whereas the Hyatt requires a shuttle. It looks like Hyatt may be a nicer property? I have a very short overnight tomorrow (about seven hours) and trying to choose between these two properties. (Hyatt about $50 more, and I have higher status with Hilton.)
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:57 pm

Based on my recent experiences, leaving aside the direct connection I would prefer the Hyatt. This is biased by a problem with the bathtub draining, which I didn't bother complaining about after a late-night TATL arrival.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 11:00 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Can anyone comment on this property vs. the Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor? I know the Hilton has direct terminal access whereas the Hyatt requires a shuttle. It looks like Hyatt may be a nicer property? I have a very short overnight tomorrow (about seven hours) and trying to choose between these two properties. (Hyatt about $50 more, and I have higher status with Hilton.)
I think the Hyatt Regency is a better hotel in terms of its common areas and rooms (which were recently renovated). But I wouldn't spend an extra $50 to stay there especially on a short stay and especially even more when you take out the extra HH points you'll earn.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 12:56 pm

I have a very short overnight tomorrow (about seven hours) and trying to choose between these two properties.
So how'd it turn out? Personally, in that type of time frame, proximity is the only thing I'm considering. An extra 30 total minutes going to a place that requires a shuttle eats up almost 10% of the layover.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by arlflyer
So how'd it turn out? Personally, in that type of time frame, proximity is the only thing I'm considering. An extra 30 total minutes going to a place that requires a shuttle eats up almost 10% of the layover.
I booked Hilton. Had an Amex offer that saved me an additional $45. It was about a 15 minute walk from B terminal where my UA flight arrived. The hotel was nothing special, but fine for sleeping. Only one front desk agent (at both arrival and departure), and long line of crew members checking in. I had mobile key so did not have to wait. No room upgrade and "airport view" actually meant view of parking structure. Paid the $10 upcharge for full buffet. Breakfast was good, except for the coffee which was horrible.

I have a similar overnight tomorrow night before my 6:04 a.m. return and am booked at the Hyatt so will be interesting to compare.
arlflyer likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 5:52 pm

Makes enough sense. But, I can't help myself - and this is flyertalk after all - where on earth are you connecting to from SFO that's giving you 7-hour layovers in BOS?!
Old Nov 3, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
But, I can't help myself - and this is flyertalk after all - where on earth are you connecting to from SFO that's giving you 7-hour layovers in BOS?!
Dartmouth Coach to Hanover

I was originally on the red-eye SFO-BOS, but SDC'ed to the late afternoon departure because I just didn't feel like sleeping on the plane and then getting on a bus for three hours.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:25 am

Dartmouth Coach to Hanover
Oooh that's a good one. Gotcha. Never done that one myself but have friends who have put plenty of miles on that route.
Kacee likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:56 am

And that's the start of most of our journeys where the air part starts at BOS.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've done a fair amount of Plymouth & Brockton from Cape Cod myself.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
I did SIX seperate stays here this past May. Can't beat the location. Usually Digital Key, but no Front Desk wait on the others.

I only got upgraded one time, it was a corner room, just slightly larger, oddly configured, bathroom seemed older (not updated).

They did away with the lounge recently Breakfast was really good (American fare of salt, grease, and fat).

I noticed the lower floors, especially 3, are nearly all flight crew and are very quiet .

Concierge held my luggage on the two days I went down to Quincy Market and North End. I used the Silver Line to/from.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Can you walk to the hotel from terminal A? We're arriving on DL at 8 am this Friday and our ride isn't picking us up until 10, so rather than wait at baggage claim I thought it would be nicer to sit in the hotel lobby. Unless anyone has any other suggestions.

(My PP and United Club passes don't do me any good at BOS as those lounges are in separate terminals after security.)
Old Aug 27, 2019, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by dwcatty
Can you walk to the hotel from terminal A? We're arriving on DL at 8 am this Friday and our ride isn't picking us up until 10, so rather than wait at baggage claim I thought it would be nicer to sit in the hotel lobby. Unless anyone has any other suggestions.

(My PP and United Club passes don't do me any good at BOS as those lounges are in separate terminals after security.)
Hi.
Yes you can.
Follow signs for the walkway to Central parking and terminal e then there will be another covered walkway to the hilton. I think the hotel website has detailed instructions but cannot link to it at the moment

Regards
​​​​​​Tbs
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/ma...ons/index.html

Bingo, thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It's a bit of a haul, enough that you should consider taking the shuttle back to the terminal; the moving walkways have been out of service this summer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.