Hilton Belfast {GBR}

Old Oct 12, 21, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by sigma421 View Post
Had a bit of a disaster here last weekend. Checked into the room no problem but was woken about 5:30am by another guest trying to get into it!

Eventually discovered my card was no longer working so went down to reception. There I was told we’d been marked as a no show so our room had been reallocated.
Yikes ! That sounds awful.

Did you arrive after midnight? I'm not suggesting that would offer any sort of excuse, but there's been a recent thread claiming midnight as the witching hour when unclaimed reservations become no-shows.
Old Oct 12, 21, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
Yikes ! That sounds awful.

Did you arrive after midnight? I'm not suggesting that would offer any sort of excuse, but there's been a recent thread claiming midnight as the witching hour when unclaimed reservations become no-shows.
It’s a fair point to raise but no! We got there about 9pm.
Old Feb 7, 22, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Had a one night stay here over the weekend.

Got upgraded twice before arrival, first to an exec room, and then to a studio room. I checked the app later on and noticed the hotel was showing as totally sold out, so perhaps a 5pm arrival had done me a favour in getting me bumped up again.

Queuing out of the door to check in (no Honors queue that I could see), but once I got to the front of the queue I was swiftly checked in, and a 2pm checkout was given at check in without quibble.

Nice room on the 11th floor with spectacular panoramic views.

I couldn't login to the WiFi as it was saying my details didn't match, but a quick call to the front desk confirmed it was broken and they gave me a promo code to get free premium internet.

The executive lounge is still only open on an evening from 6pm to 8pm and table service remains, there is absolutely no self service, and it is still strictly one plate of snacks per table. There is a coffee machine and water available in the lobby for executive guests, but if they can leave that out, it begs the question why they can't just open the lounge and have it unmanned during the day.

You no longer need to book a slot for breakfast, and we had no issues in getting a table at 10:15 on Sunday morning, the full selection was still available (and being regularly topped up), though hot items were still being served to you.

All in all a good stay, I'll definitely be back again if I'm in the area. Just a shame BACF are handing the LBA-BHD route back to Aer Lingus! A E190 is much preferable to an ATR.
Old Mar 30, 22, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Another update from me from last weekend.

Probably the last for a while now BA have stopped the LBA-BHD route.

Check in took a while, a lot of it seemed to be them checking with management as to whether I could be upgraded (I didn't prompt, and there was nothing in advance this time). With how long it was taking I was hoping they were going to give me a studio room again, but alas, a standard exec room for me.

Some good news, the lounge is now open all day, with a very minimal continental breakfast (a few of each kind of pastry on a tray and the coffee machine is switched on) then evening drinks and snacks. All drinks during the evening service are still served to you at your table, the food service is now self service which is an improvement.
Choices when I was there were cold plates with bread/cheese/salami and pesto and the hot choices were chicken wings or vegetarian spring rolls. Unlike previous visits seconds were actively encouraged.

I took breakfast in the main restaurant (just popping into the lounge after to see what was on offer), everything is now back to self service with plenty of choice. I went down just after 10am and it didn't feel busy, certainly the long queues of old for hot items have gone away.

Now to the bad... I don't normally complain about much , but I will be following up with this when I get a chance. I got to my room around 17:30 and noticed the air conditioning was making a horrendous noise, but it soon stopped, it was only when I went to leave for evening drinks I noticed it was in fault. I reported this to the front desk and 17:55 and was promised this would be fixed, I returned to my room at 21:00 to find it still in fault, I went back down again and was told how to reset it myself, but they'd send someone up. I got back from the restaurant just after 22:00 to find it still in fault, I tried resetting it myself but it quickly went back into fault. The duty manager was called to see if they could fix it, when they couldn't I was finally given a new room at 23:00 (but an identical room, no further upgrade), 5 hours after I reported it.

I was promised follow up from the general manager, but so far nothing.

TL;DR: AC Fault report at 17:55, finally got moved to a new room at 23:00 (5 hours after it was reported).
Old May 15, 22, 12:11 pm

Stayed here last night

Booked only a few weeks in advance (and despite a concert next door) rate was £135. Noticed we were upgraded to an Exec room on Wednesday and then on Saturday morning room was showing as a Studio Room

We used the new(ish) flybe LBA - BHD. Security at LBA was a breeze, literally straight to the scanners. There had been some tweets from 5am, showing the security queue starting pretty much at mid stay parking.

Used the Yorkshire Lounge and the lady at lounge reception told us of a substantial number of guests from early that morning that had not made it into the lounge, despite pre booking.
Flight was slightly delayed (poor discipline at the gate where it was not obvious where to get boarding passes scanned), resulting in a miscount when we were on board.

Used the 600 bus to the stop near the Hilton, £2.60 each and super easy. (Taxi on return was £9.80)

We checked in before 2 and got the studio room. Amazing views and decent amount of space.

Lounge as S_W_S said. Great staff and never busy. Also echo S_W_S comments on breakfast, not busy and reasonable spread. Lounge food in the evening and for breakfast was as above. Fab lounge staff, very happy to keep glasses well topped up.

Only issue was a used false eyelash stuck to the bedside table. When reported, front desk were appalled and would have got housekeeping up to sort but we were checking out so they gave us 20% off as service recovery

All in all, very good stay and would visit again. Excellent staff

Walked over to the Titanic Quarter, about 15 minutes brisk walking.
Old May 15, 22, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Stayed here last night

Booked only a few weeks in advance (and despite a concert next door) rate was £135. Noticed we were upgraded to an Exec room on Wednesday and then on Saturday morning room was showing as a Studio Room

We used the new(ish) flybe LBA - BHD. Security at LBA was a breeze, literally straight to the scanners. There had been some tweets from 5am, showing the security queue starting pretty much at mid stay parking.

Used the Yorkshire Lounge and the lady at lounge reception told us of a substantial number of guests from early that morning that had not made it into the lounge, despite pre booking.
Flight was slightly delayed (poor discipline at the gate where it was not obvious where to get boarding passes scanned), resulting in a miscount when we were on board.

Used the 600 bus to the stop near the Hilton, £2.60 each and super easy. (Taxi on return was £9.80)

We checked in before 2 and got the studio room. Amazing views and decent amount of space.

Lounge as S_W_S said. Great staff and never busy. Also echo S_W_S comments on breakfast, not busy and reasonable spread. Lounge food in the evening and for breakfast was as above. Fab lounge staff, very happy to keep glasses well topped up.

Only issue was a used false eyelash stuck to the bedside table. When reported, front desk were appalled and would have got housekeeping up to sort but we were checking out so they gave us 20% off as service recovery

All in all, very good stay and would visit again. Excellent staff

Walked over to the Titanic Quarter, about 15 minutes brisk walking.
Thank you. My twins are going to Dublin and would like to take the train to Belfast. I’m enjoying the reports…
Old May 16, 22, 2:06 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by whitewave View Post
Thank you. My twins are going to Dublin and would like to take the train to Belfast. I’m enjoying the reports…
I done that a couple of Easter’s ago , it’s a pleasant journey on the train with some beach views on route, takes an hour or two but we’ll worth it.

Search this Thread