Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Barcelona {ESP}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2001, 3:24 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edg1:
JAP

The concierge in the lounge helped with several very good restaurant recommendations and made reservations for us.
</font>
Last year my partner and myself were staying elsewhere but popped in to the Hilton to have a pre dinner drink at the bar. We asked one of the receptionists for a recommendation for a good restaurant. Even though she knew we weren't guests in the hotel she went out of her way to phone the restaurant and make a reservation for us. That's excellent service!

Old Nov 28, 2001, 10:00 am

I stayed there over the weekend this past summer and my experience was very similiar to edj1's experience. I would highly recommend this hotel. The walk to the subway is short. The public transportation is very nice.
Old Nov 28, 2001, 10:02 pm

I stayed here 2 years ago, after a cruise. Very American rooms, which is nice in Spain. There is a very good Mexican restaurant/bar directly opposite the front doors, as you walk out of the hotel. In the building across the driveway. Also there is a nice indoor shopping mall, with lots of good deals etc, just down the street. Much better than the other hotel, I stayed at on Ramblis I think, the main street in Barcelona, that runs into the Christopher Columbus statue.
Old Dec 9, 2001, 10:15 am

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
Hilton Barcelona Gold Upgrade Report

I just checked into the HH Barcelona, and as Gold was upgraded to a corner junior suite without asking. I have stayed here many times, most as Gold, and never been upgraded. The regular rooms are very basic HH. The junior suite is obviously much bigger than the relular rooms, but still rather basic HH.

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
LAX, LHR, CDG, et.al.
Old Jan 7, 2002, 11:04 am

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
I'm just back from 4 nights at the Hilton BCN. I agree that the rooms are nothing too special. But the hotel staff are excellent and the lounge is very good. A decent continental breakfast is served and later a full bar is provided thoughout the day until 10.30 pm. There are also lots of snacks and fruit and at night there is some small hot snacks or perhaps salmon. All for free to HHonors Golds or above.

The location is excellent for shopping but a bit far away from down-town BCN. Stll the metro is only a block away and taxis are cheap.

I really enjoyed my stay.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 1:58 pm

What's your experience at Hilton Barcelona?

A conference will take me to Barcelona in July 2002 for about nine days. I am interested in staying at the Hilton Barcelona. Could you please share your experience at this property if you have stayed there before? The conference will be at Universitat Politčcnica de Catalunya (UPC), Campus Nord. Is it easy to commute to UPC from the Hilton (via the subway system, e.g.)? Is there any chance for room upgrade or whatever amenities for an hhonors Gold? Other hotel properties (hilton family or not) to recommend? Thanks very much in advance.

[This message has been edited by Force (edited 01-16-2002).]
Old Jan 16, 2002, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
Typical Hilton. Was there in December as Gold, upgraded to junior suite. Included free breakfast, both without asking. I don't think they were very busy. I wouldn't want to spend more than a few days there. Will be interested in others alternate recommendations. Stayed at leMeridien several years ago, very nice at the time.

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
CLD, LAX, LHR, CDG, et.al.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Same as World20. Just stayed night for early
morning flight to CDG. Stayed at Hotel Arts.
Very nice.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Take a look at the following threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002924.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003081.html
Old Jan 16, 2002, 4:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I agree, a typical business hotel. I am Gold and used a reward. We were put in a very small room. Enjoyed having a cocktail in the bar downstair, the staff was pleasant. There is a Conrad up the street. I think I'd try that first.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 11:21 am

As mentioned in the links provided by criscokid, I really like this hotel. Great treatment for me as a Diamond Hhonors member.
Old Feb 1, 2002, 10:00 am

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Which suite in Barcelona?

I saw that there are 3 types of suites at the Barcelona Hilton. I'll be there tomorrow night and wanted your input as to which one to fight for? There are: Deluxe, Barcelona and Executive. Any experience, thoughts, preferences would be welcome.

Thanks guys,

Gene
Old Feb 1, 2002, 10:10 am

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
I had an executive room, which was nothing special at all and a bit on the small side.

But I liked the Barcelona Hilton. The staff were really great and there is a good club lounge. I also received some nice amenities. The hotel is in a good location for shopping but a bit out of central Barcelona.
Old Feb 1, 2002, 12:16 pm

I think I had an executive suite, which was fine four our 4 night stay there. It had a living room (couch, coffee table, small dining table, television, etc), bathroom, and bedroom. The suite was not luxurious, but was modern It reminded bme of a W hotel a little.
Old Feb 5, 2002, 9:23 pm

Does Madrid have a Hilton?

------------------
MD
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
Hilton Gold
Sheraton Gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.