Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

List of Hilton Honors Properties with Free High Speed Internet Access

Old Jan 22, 2002, 2:41 am
Original Poster

I was wondering which hotels in the Hilton chain have the fastest and most reliable high-speed internet connections. I am looking to get away to somewhere, I don't really care where, and I want to be able to work on the internet reliably and fast.

Thanks,
Greg
Old Jan 22, 2002, 5:25 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Virtually none!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002967.html
Old Jan 22, 2002, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
Copenhagen Airport, Denmark.

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
CLD, LAX, LHR, CDG, et.al.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 10:47 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
As ACORD mentions in the above thread, the Hilton Tokyo's internet connections are very fast. The catch is that you have to pay high rates for the rooms that are equipped with the RINKS internet system (Business and Executive Floors), but if you are a Gold or Diamond, you should have no problem upgrading.
Old Jan 24, 2002, 8:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hilton Times Square had high speed as of 1/3/01 $10/day. Seems as if most of the Embassy Suites I stay in have it also, i believe also $10/day. Hampton Inn Vancouver (Beautiful hotel for a hampton, nice gold room upgrade too) had high speed for free as of Jun 01. Most of the rest I cannot remember as to just quickly check e-mail its usually just as easy to use the dataport.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 10:29 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
List of Hilton-related properties with high speed internet access?

I posted this before, but really would like to know given that I just got equipped...

I've read all about high speed internet access at this hotel or that hotel, but what about a comprehensive list of all Hilton-related properties with high speed internet access?

Anyone have such a list or know where to find it?

I recall seeing such a list of all such HGIs on their website in the recent past (but cannot find it right now), and hear that the plan is in place for all HGIs to have it by end of 2003 (read in links below).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005906.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005536.html

But meanwhile, where can we get fast access at all Hilton-related properties?

There doesn't seem to be any quick way to find out (other than to search each hotel's webpage, ask you here at FT about a specific property, or call each hotel to ask!). Please tell me I'm wrong.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 11:43 am

I too would find this incredibly useful. If you're not wrong, maybe we should start a directory thread here?
Old Dec 11, 2002, 12:08 pm

I, also, would like such a list, but compiling the information would be difficult, unless it was done by Hilton itself. Right now, it seems like there are a lot of factors and variables that are difficult to quantify, and it seems like things are always in flux at the local properties. Some properties claim to have high speed access, but "its not working right now; our ISP went broke". Others have it, but only through the tv, or in the "remodeled/refurbished" rooms, or in their "business center". Some that do have it require the guest to do extensive tweaking with their laptop to make it work right. Others charge a lot, others give it free. And of course some charge sometimes and give it free othertimes, sometimes based on the room you are in; sometimes for no apparent reason.

In other words, gathering accurate and complete information would be nearly impossible, and what was gathered would get stale quickly. Hence, the only realistic solution would be for Hilton to require all of its properties at all of its brands to place on the property's website DETAILED Internet information saying exactly what they have, who the provider is, and what rooms have it, exactly what it costs and whether, if it is sometimes free what the rules are for that.

When a Hilton has a business center with access, the web page should say precisely what models of computers they have and speeds those computers can run at and can access the net at. The computers should be described by what input/output options they have, e.g., CD-ROM burner, Zip drive, tape drive, etc. Ancillary equipment such as printers and scanners should be listed by brand name and model #.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 12:11 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Though not specific to Hilton Hotels, this site is pretty good at finding high speed internet access at hotels:

http://www.geektools.com/geektels/
Old Dec 11, 2002, 12:44 pm

That's a great link, Beckles, thank you.

While I take your points, amanuensis, I personally am not interested in the business centres, merely whether I can plug my lap top into something fast in my room! That stupid TV thing is completely useless so should be excluded fullstop!
Old Dec 11, 2002, 6:59 pm

On the FWIW scale, on that site, it says the Downtown JAX Hilton Riverfront (Jacksonville, FL) has high-speed access. It does not, sorry, no luck. However, the Deerwood Park HGI does, as I'm using it right now...
Old Dec 11, 2002, 7:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Beckles:
http://www.geektools.com/geektels/</font>
Great site, but be warned, it still lists CAIS/OverVoice properties. AFAIK, CAIS/OverVoice aka Ardent has gone belly up, stranding the hotels who used it.

Old May 20, 2003, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
Hilton Properties w/ free High Speed Int

Now that I'm seeing some Hilton properties are offering Free High Speed Internet service. I thought a thread that could steer me away from the properties that charge $9.95 for an access fee and towards properties that are free.

(I know Drury Inns and Fairfields offer free almost system wide)

Here is a compiled list of free properties.

Hilton Garden Inns
ABQ, NM Airport
CLE, OH Airport
CLE, OH Gateway
Downtown New Orleans
Fairfax, VA
Omaha, NE
Overland Park, WI
Cupertino, CA
DTW, MI Airport
Mountainview
Denver, CO
San Mateo, CA
Bloomington, MN
PHL City Center
FT. Lauderdale/Miramar
Livermore, CA
Kimberly, WI

Hampton Inns
STL Chesterfield
Ottawa, Ontario
Mississagua, Ontario
Florida City, FL
Stockton, CA
San Jose, CA
Ft. Lauderdale Downtown

Hiltons
Lac Leamy, Ontario
Hartford, CT Downtown
Seattle, WA (exec floors only)
London, UK (exec floors only)
Tokyo, Shinjuku (exec floors only)
Boston-Logan (exec floors only)
Santa Clara, CA (exec floors only)

Doubletree
Irvine, CA
Atlanta-Perimiter (wireless)
Norwalk, CT (Free for 1st 59 minutes?)

Homewood
Charlotte, NC Coliseum

Embassy Suites
Lompoc, CA

CHARGED A FEE

HGI
Plymouth, MI
Renton, WA
SFO (North)

Hilton
Santa Clara (on non-exec level floors)

ontherun

[This message has been edited by ontherun (edited 06-02-2003).]
Old May 20, 2003, 3:01 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Great idea, this is real savings at 9.95$ per day!

HGI in Downtown New Orleans
Hilton in Lac Leamy, Ottawa
Hampton Inn Ottawa
Hampton Inn Mississauga, Ontario

[This message has been edited by Super Larry (edited 05-20-2003).]
Old May 20, 2003, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
The Hampton Inn in Florida City, Florida provides free high-speed Internet access to their guests.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.