Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Credit Card guarantee on reward stay for a gift

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:17 am
Original Poster

I am thinking of using my points for a gift reservation for my girlfriend. I'm okay using my credit card to guarantee the stay. I'm just wondering if at checkin the hotel will just keep my credit card on file to guarantee the incidentals or will they ask for my girlfriend's credit card at checkin?
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:30 am

I did the same thing all the time for my wife. She can change out the card on file when she checks in. You will need to phone in for the reward reservation so you could put her name on the reward certificate. Or you could put your name on it, but then you will have to call the hotel to add her name on the room so she could check in by herself.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Great. Thanks for the reply.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:16 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
She should tell them to use the card she wants to when she checks in, and make sure you don't check the express check in box on the reservation.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
But keep in mind if you have HH Amex, you shoudn't change it from the HH used during reservations for the Cobrand 500 pt bonus.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
I'd use her CC to secure the room. This just popped-up today in OMNI:

Hotel reverts to CC on file when incidental card doesn't have high enough limit to cover damage charge for smoking in room. (This is apparently a story from a Marriott thread but I've not searched for it).
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:22 pm

if you want to be sure that the hotel uses your card and does not ask for hers, call them and have them fax you a credit card authorization form for you to fill out and return to them.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by crabbing
if you want to be sure that the hotel uses your card and does not ask for hers, call them and have them fax you a credit card authorization form for you to fill out and return to them.
+1^

This is true. They will not leave your card on file. The person checking into the hotel must have a card in their name upon check in.

If you want them to use your card the authorization form will work.

If they no show or need to cancel past the cancellation period, your card will be charged the penalty since it's the one on file.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.