Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Sheffield Hotel {GBR} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sheffield Hotel {GBR} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Doubletree and Hilton are different hotels- are you in the wrong thread?
yeah I'm kinda the same , shouldn't this be on the " Doubletree by Hilton Sheffield " thread?.........mods?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla

yeah I'm kinda the same , shouldn't this be on the " Doubletree by Hilton Sheffield " thread?.........mods?

Ah then where is that? I'll go hunt it down then.

Though I think it would be nice if they were merged? Ah well. Apologies!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by AStarr

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park {GBR}

They are separate threads as they are two different properties and each property has its own thread.
AStarr likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold

why would you want discussion on two separate hotels merged?

Most properties have an ft discussion thread, or you can start one and link to the wiki

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...worldwide.html
This is the main wiki page

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1283589-doubletree-hilton-hotel-sheffield-park.html
​​​​​​​
by drilling down you’ll get to this page for the individual property
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by chrism20

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park {GBR}

They are separate threads as they are two different properties and each property has its own thread.
Beat me to it!
chrism20 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:23 am

Different properties yes, but it would be interesting (thinking out loud here) to have a combined Hilton-properties-of-Sheffield comparison. Oh well. It was just a thought. No need to jump on it.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:30 am

Different properties yes, but it would be interesting (thinking out loud here) to have a combined Hilton-properties-of-Sheffield comparison. Oh well. It was just a thought. No need to jump on it.
Having a combined City thread works for big cities like London where there are dozens of Hilton options as there is a lot of “Which property would be best for.....” posts, however with only three properties in Sheffield and less than a hundred posts between the two threads there is probably no need for a combined one where there are separate ones.

There are combined ones for cities like Glasgow and Edinburgh and even those don’t see a lot of posts.
adobbing likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by chrism20

Having a combined City thread works for big cities like London where there are dozens of Hilton options as there is a lot of “Which property would be best for.....” posts, however with only three properties in Sheffield and less than a hundred posts between the two threads there is probably no need for a combined one where there are separate ones.

There are combined ones for cities like Glasgow and Edinburgh and even those don’t see a lot of posts.
Fair enough. I get it. Moving on.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Fair enough. I get it. Moving on.
it's cool mate....no worries.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:31 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Anyone stayed in the past 18 months, and is the parking still free for Diamonds?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Stayed a couple of times, a couple of months ago. Parking was free for me as a diamond. Breakfast seemed to have improved a bit as well and there seemed to be plenty (too many?) of staff around.
:D! and wizla like this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Always thought the Hampton was the best of the 2 City properties.
:D! likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:46 am

I was going to stay here last night.

Then was reminded of the lack of air conditioning. So that's a thing at this property to remember.

(Ended up in the Hampton as Doubletree is sold out)
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Then was reminded of the lack of air conditioning. So that's a thing at this property to remember.

It’s not often you hear complaints of Yorkshire being too warm😃😃

There’s a nice bar opened up out back on the canal side, the Dorothy Pax - https://www.facebook.com/thedorothypax/
Perfect for cooling down outside!
AStarr likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:33 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G

Coincidentally I stayed at the Hilton last night. The temperature was fine for me although I didn't need to use any blankets.

A fan was provided but it was very noisy, and particularly squeaky if the oscillation was on.

At the time I booked it looked like the Hilton and the Hampton were both going for £74.

I did stay at the Hampton 2 weeks ago and I think both properties have their good and bad points.

The room I got at the Hampton was nicer due to being new, and it was quite large (I believe they "upgraded" me as far as possible), the bed was more comfortable as it was firmer. However the plug sockets at the desk were situated far behind a pillar meaning that to plug anything in I had to climb over the table and reach about a metre in.

Nice view of the city "skyline" at night from the Hampton, and pleasant view of the quay/canal from my Hilton room.

Breakfast at the Hilton was excellent and quiet. Meanwhile at the Hampton the breakfast area is too small, it is packed almost during the entire period, and the food quality was the lowest out of all UK Hamptons I have stayed in. They didn't have any potato-based items, the only things I could eat were the sausages and a croissant. Items slow to be replenished. I normally rate Hampton breakfast above Holiday Inn Express (not stayed in the Sheffield one) but this Hampton is on the same level as HIX.

Location, as people may know Sheffield is very hilly. From the Hampton to the Cathedral tram stop is up a very steep hill, about 6 mins walk, then another 10 or so minutes along the tram tracks to the station if you don't want to pay. Hilton is 7 mins from the station also along the tram tracks, up some stairs then flat, it is rather inconvenient that there isn't a stop at Park Square. Also from the Hilton if you exit from the bar/restaurant on the 1st floor you don't have to walk around the front.

I didn't have a car at the Hilton, but there is free parking on nearby roads between 2030 and 0800, likewise with the Hampton, no problem with finding a space at the Hampton.

The Hilton location was better for me on this stay and the Hampton better on my previous stay, so I am happy with the choices I made - but I wouldn't rush to stay at either property again.
wizla likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.