Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Atlanta, Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by PM777
Any recent experiences/recommendations for downtown Atlanta ? Looking at either the Hilton or Doubletree (American). Both similar priced and I am a diamond.
I've had 2 recent great 1-night stays at the Doubletree American. It's recently renovated, I received suite upgrades, breakfast was good, and overall it has a much more boutique feel than most Doubletree properties. The Hilton, while fine, is really just a stereotypical downtown Hilton with a fairly decent lounge and an impressive atrium.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
We had a great stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria earlier this year. This is the one that is within walking distance of the Braves' stadium.

Room was a full suite with separate bedroom, sitting room, and bathroom. Full glass shower. Breakfast was quite good with a full hot buffet with a ton of selections. Valet parking was a little hectic, but the parking lot is very small and necessitates a professional parking staff.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: VS, BA, Hilton, IHG
Thanks for the above comments, appreciated. Have booked the Doubletree American
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
any more Doubletree American reviews?

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I've had 2 recent great 1-night stays at the Doubletree American. It's recently renovated, I received suite upgrades, breakfast was good, and overall it has a much more boutique feel than most Doubletree properties. The Hilton, while fine, is really just a stereotypical downtown Hilton with a fairly decent lounge and an impressive atrium.
Thanks for your observations. I, too, have been wondering about this Doubletree and especially appreciate your feedback since Doubletrees (in general) are sometimes odd ducks. Now, I might give it a try during upcoming visits to Hot-Lanta
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Okay, time for the yearly "Which Hilton property at ATL" thread update.

HH Diamond. Driving in overnight (Monday) and then flying out of ATL mid-morning the next day (Tuesday) - so I'm principally looking for a decent/clean bed & room + breakfast. Likely will turn in the rental car to save on parking fee + car rental so something with a free shuttle would be preferred. Also would prefer not to deal with multiple trips on MARTA so don't plan to stay in downtown or points north for the night.

Neither the Hilton ATL nor the DT ATL seem to be hitting their marks over the years. Any other properties to consider? Avoid?

TIA

David
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Following up my post from earlier, ended up staying at the DT ATL - here's my post in that property's thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31497768-post26.html

David
Old Sep 28, 2019, 1:14 pm

ATL airport area for weekend, which hotel

Wife and I have a wedding to attend in Hapeville in Oct and recommend hotels are just north of ATL airport. We are leaving kids at home and gonna make long weekend out of it. We would like to be close to some good food and breweries if possible.
I am not familiar with area but looks like ATL Airport Hilton and Doubletree are closest to the wedding festivities both similarly priced/points. Normally I’d pick the Hilton but haven’t read good recent reviews about it and heard they closed lounge ....So I’d like to hear some recent feedback on these two. Any other recommendations in that area are welcome too.

I am Honors Gold with small chance of being Diamond by then.

Last edited by barnburner; Sep 28, 2019 at 1:47 pm
Old Sep 28, 2019, 3:57 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by barnburner
Wife and I have a wedding to attend in Hapeville in Oct and recommend hotels are just north of ATL airport. We are leaving kids at home and gonna make long weekend out of it. We would like to be close to some good food and breweries if possible.
I am not familiar with area but looks like ATL Airport Hilton and Doubletree are closest to the wedding festivities both similarly priced/points. Normally I’d pick the Hilton but haven’t read good recent reviews about it and heard they closed lounge ....So I’d like to hear some recent feedback on these two. Any other recommendations in that area are welcome too.

I am Honors Gold with small chance of being Diamond by then.
Good Day,
I have stayed at both the Doubletree and Hilton at the ATL Airport. They both are nice and comfortable as far as the rooms go. As you stated the lounge is no longer at the Hilton, but they do have Adiamo and Finish Line bar/grill that are decent if eating at hotel. Doubletree from my couple times there only does room service and breakfast in the morning. When I stayed at the Doubletree a few months back, it was 3 adults in the same room and all 3 received comp breakfast as Diamond perk.

For the kids, both hotels have a pool, but the Doubletree is outside, while the Hilton is indoor.

IMO I actually like the Doubletree rooms and quietness better than the Hilton, but of course the restaurants are a plus if needed at the Hilton. As another option in the area across the street from the Doubletree is a Hampton Inn also, which I have not stayed at, but know people who have and thought was a good option.

Jwhuffman
barnburner likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Has anyone yet stayed at the Curio property known as the Candler?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Has anyone yet stayed at the Curio property known as the Candler?
I live on the outskirts of town, and have stayed at the Hilton Atlanta several times (just a few blocks away from Candler). Good location if you're coming to see tourist attractions in downtown area. Would be curious to see how a stay is, since it's a renovated historic building.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:27 am

Any info on the Hampton Inn and Suites Buckhead Place?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by aww3583
Any info on the Hampton Inn and Suites Buckhead Place?
This is a new hotel but I believe they charge for parking. Try the other Hampton Buckhead which is within 1 mile of this location.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Aaron Myers
This is a new hotel but I believe they charge for parking. Try the other Hampton Buckhead which is within 1 mile of this location.
Hotel website says $25. Kind of crazy for self-parking at a Hampton.

Nearby ES is $35 for valet.
WA-Atlanta is $45 for valet.
Nearby Homewood has complementary parking.
Hyatt Place next door charges $10 for parking.
Old May 9, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Any recents opinions on HH properties in the Atlanta area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.