Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Old Dec 1, 2003, 1:35 pm

xyz--from other posts it seems you are OK. The first stay post directly, the next 3 later as a delayed bonus.
Old Dec 1, 2003, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OOOOH-K. Just proving the old adage,"If at first you don't get the answer you want, hang up and call again".

I called on Friday to sign up for ACAQ, and the perky person at the Diamond desk was ready to go, but she said I needed an AC number.

So, on Saturday, I registered for an AC number (That's another story in itself. ).

Today, I call the Diamond desk, and get ACAQ plopped on my account no problem

Me: "Don't you need my Air Canada number?"
Him: "No sir."
Me: "Are you sure?"
Him: "Well I can put it in if you want."

Grrrrr.

Anyhow, I guess I'll book a revenue stay next week and see what shows up.

<sigh> What I won't go through for 50,000 points.
Old Dec 1, 2003, 4:30 pm
Suspended

I called the Diamond desk on Fiday 11/28 to make some reward reservations ans sort off the cuff I mentioned the ACAQ code and was told it could be added to my account.
Gave them my (brand-new) Aeroplan mumber.
I already have had 4 stays since 10/15,
today 50k points posted to my account.

Much Thanks to aglp2k who posted this originally.
mike
Old Dec 1, 2003, 6:15 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K

I haven't seen anyone post a definitive answer to this (although I've seen it asked in a few threads).

If I merge my new account (with the ACAQ code) into my old one, will I get the bonus miles applied?

I was planning to wait until the promotion was over to merge my accounts (and use my new number until then), but I'm staying at Ballys LV this weekend, and I think that they need to see the gold card since they can't access the HHonors information directly. Since I don't have the card under my new number yet, I will have to use my old one. But of course I want the promotional points too, so I'm not sure if I should merge my new account into the old one.
Old Dec 1, 2003, 6:28 pm

I am totally confused!

I registered as mentioned here, did not open an AC account, and immediately merged new into old. Unlike others' reports, nothing happened. This was last week.

So, tonight, I just created an AC account (not linked in anyway to new or old HHonors accounts).

Then, I was going to call Diamond Desk, but decided to check my account first (I had checked it this morning). I now find 5,000 points added to my account with this description:

Hilton Crystal City@Ronald Regan Natl Arpt - GOLD VIP BONUS OFFER - 1ST STAY BONUS

My last stay was week before I registered for this promo. I have had four stays already since 10/15. Does it look like I am all set? Or are these points from some other promo? Will the other 45,000 just take longer to post?

It seems like we are all having different reactions to registering.

thanks,
marc
Old Dec 1, 2003, 7:13 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Toronto1970:

If I merge my new account (with the ACAQ code) into my old one, will I get the bonus miles applied?

I was planning to wait until the promotion was over to merge my accounts (and use my new number until then), but I'm staying at Ballys LV this weekend, and I think that they need to see the gold card since they can't access the HHonors information directly. Since I don't have the card under my new number yet, I will have to use my old one. But of course I want the promotional points too, so I'm not sure if I should merge my new account into the old one.
</font>
How about a definite YES. I suggested to a friend who was a Silver member to register for the promo, if only just to get Gold until 2005. He opened a new account,then merged the two a day later. He has already got the bonus points for two stays, both completed before registering.(in fact one was an award stay) after merging he retained his old account number for the now existing account.

As mentioned here before the first bonus shows up under the first stay particulars. BUT ALL OTHER BONUSES ARE LISTED UNDER " PROMOTIONAL BONUS POINTS AND MILES" section of your activity folder on Hilton.com

For your stay at Ballys I suggest you take a print-out of your on-line statement if you think they might require verification since I if the past is any example I rather uspect the new Gold cards will take a few weeks to arrive.
mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited Dec 01, 2003).]
Old Dec 1, 2003, 7:27 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKESILV:
How about a definite YES.</font>
Thanks for the confirmation!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
For you stay at Ballys suggest you take a print-out of your online statement if you think they might require verification since I suspect the new Gold cards wiil take a few weeks to arrive.
mike
</font>
I have the Gold card from my old account, so I will be using that one.

[This message has been edited by Toronto1970 (edited Dec 01, 2003).]
Old Dec 1, 2003, 10:34 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Just signed up for 2nd account. Called Diamond desk after I merged accounts online, told them what I was trying to do and they helped me do it. The rep put me on hold, came back and said he had verified everything was in order as far as me receiving the promo. I told him I had already completed 8 stays during the promo period and asked if they would count (retroactively). He put me on hold again then came back and said they would. Within 10 minutes my primary (Diamond)account number was credited with 50,000 bonus points. I never had nor was I asked for an AC acct number.

Within 20 minutes of logging onto to Flyer Talk, I had 50,000 points in my primary account. Thank you for posting this!
Old Dec 2, 2003, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I signed up a few weeks ago, and then merged (online) my new account into my old. My old account continued to show my (earned) silver status.

So last week I tried again. Somehow, even though I requested to keep my old account number, it is gone now, and my points and history are now part of my new, gold account. So that's good, except I no longer have a card with my active account number on it.

Will they send me a card for my new, merged-into account automatically, or do I need to request one?
Old Dec 2, 2003, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I just called to check whether I'd signed up properly, as my award stay 2 weeks ago didn't register a bonus (others have reported retroactive credit). Well, my earlier creating a new account and merging definitely worked, as I was told I'm all signed up!

NOTE:
I asked how long I had to make the four stays and was told that I have until January 31, 2004 so it sounds like that is when this promo ends.
Old Dec 3, 2003, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
I signed up for Aeroplan then created a new gold account. I then requested that the new gold account be merged into my old silver account. All of this was done on the night of Nov 25th. I have yet to see the accounts merge. Hopefully they will merge soon. I did another request with my Aeroplan number in the comments just in case.
Old Dec 3, 2003, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Global Services
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by xyzzy:
There are two promos, ACAT and ACAQ. My guess is that you signed up for ACAT and that it gives 25k points where ACAQ gives 50k points.</font>
I made the mistake of signing up for ACAT instead of ACAQ. Has anyone tried and succeeded to change an ACAT promotion into an ACAQ?

I tried myself and was told the ACAQ promotion requires a Canadian mailing address.
Old Dec 3, 2003, 9:57 pm

I merged my new acct into my old and received a new Gold card with my old number today in th email that expires 9/04

Works for me since I was due to expire in 4/04 and revert to Silver
Old Dec 3, 2003, 11:00 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks OP! I created a new account, did the online merge with my existing Diamond account. Next day, my account is still Diamond (sigh of relief) and shows the four bonuses from my previous stays for a total of 50,000 points.

Can you sign up for ACAT as well and do another merge after already signing up for ACAQ?
Old Dec 4, 2003, 7:05 am

Programs: UA: MM
Last Sunday I set up a new account per the instructions here and it came up as Gold. I attempted to merge it into my current account (Silver) but nothing happened. This morning I called the regular Honors customer support line and was told that it had not merged. I asked the rep he could merge it for me and he did. I also asked if the bonus point deal was in place in my newly merged account, and he told me it was.

So, I created a new Gold account with ACAQ and had it merged into my existing Silver account. My existing account is now Gold (it updated on the HHonors page right away) and set up for the bonus points. The rep did the merging for me and never questioned it.

FWIW

DLM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.