Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2003, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I called the diamond desk, gave them both account numbers, and they merged them for me with no problem. I didn't get any retroactive bonuses but my only stay in the promo period was a reward one.

I still have no idea if I'll actually get the bonuses during my next trip in 2 weeks...

[This message has been edited by xyzzy (edited Nov 26, 2003).]
Old Nov 27, 2003, 4:13 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Douglas:
I merged into my old account on Nov 21. My stay for Oct 23 didn't give me the bonus retroactively </font>
Same thing here. I just hope the bonus points post for the 4 stays to come ... However, I got some mysterious "online booking incentive bonus" on stays in late October ...
Old Nov 27, 2003, 10:01 am

Does this promo work for any property stay, i.e hampton doubetree, or just Hilton hotels.
Old Nov 27, 2003, 11:40 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by blcst10:
Does this promo work for any property stay, i.e hampton doubetree, or just Hilton hotels.</font>
This works for Hampton, Doubletree, ES, Conrad, Scandic and the rest of the Hilton family.

Old Nov 27, 2003, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL Gold - HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sammy343:
I made stays at Hiltons on Nov 7 and 21. Will these stays get me 5K and 10K retroactively? </font>
Today (within the last few hours actually), Hilton has posted 5K and 10K bonuses for the two stays. So apparently it will do it retroactive. Now I'll definitely make two more short stays for the 15K and 20K!
Old Nov 27, 2003, 8:50 pm

Forgive me if the question has been answered before: will 4 award stays also count? Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 27, 2003, 9:07 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
I merged my account right before I went to Miami

I had 3 different reservations, two award stays, and a paid one right in the middle.

So far they have registered two stays only, but for those two I am showing the following

1st Stay Bonus: 2,500
2nd Stay Bonus: 5,000

I wonder how the third one is going to be, 10,000

I think I am going to need to stay at the Hampton Inn to collect the remainder
Old Nov 27, 2003, 9:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by goldcap:
Forgive me if the question has been answered before: will 4 award stays also count? Thanks in advance.</font>
My only stay was an award stay and 5K points posted retroactively to my account a few days after the merge. I did have some additional charges to the room, but I don't know if that matters or not.
Old Nov 28, 2003, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Called the Diamond desk today. They said they could register me for the promo, but I need an AC number.

I guess I can get one probably on-line.

Any other "gotchas" I should be aware of? I think we have a lot of time on this one.

Old Nov 28, 2003, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cygnus X-1:
I am in that 2005 year issue as well. I'm waiting until the end of the year to see what happens. There is a targetted promo going on for 3000 points for 3 stays (anyone get that one)? Me wants 50,000 points, but me wants to be Gold until 4/2005 as well.</font>
I received an identical targeted offer in the mail a coupla months ago, plus I already had the 2005 Gold deal as well. I can confirm that I did end up getting all 50 big ones, and I am still Gold 'till 4/2005.

------------------
I'd kill to win a Nobel Peace Prize.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, M&M FT, AA, 9F, HH Silver...
FYI, signed up for the promotion on Nov1 (it had been posted before this thread started), merged accounts (old into new, was told not possible other way around)

extended gold from 04/04(earned) to 09/04

Have completed 4 stays (3 paid and 1 award), but contrary to aglp2k's post, I did not receive the
5k/10k/15k/20k bonus points, but
2.5k/5k/7.5k/10k for those 4.

I have a couple of more stays coming in December. As my bonus levels where not as originally described, I wonder if more will follow?

As I am in no way an Aeroplan member, I am not complaining.

Any other success/half-success stories?

edited for typo.

[This message has been edited by McBill (edited Nov 29, 2003).]
Old Nov 29, 2003, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
There are two promos, ACAT and ACAQ. My guess is that you signed up for ACAT and that it gives 25k points where ACAQ gives 50k points.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 7:20 pm
katie0313

HELLO!

I've got the new GOLD status on my account on last sunday.(use ACAQ code)
and then,merged accounts.(from Menber services tub, choosen my current BLUE account)
but,both of old and new accounts still work today,,,,
Should I call to HHonors customer service center?(worried about that I don't have AC account,,,do they ask me??and,is ACAQ code eligible for asian residents?)

Anyone give me advice pleeeeease!!
Forgive my poor English.

Old Nov 29, 2003, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by katie0313:
HELLO!

I've got the new GOLD status on my account on last sunday.(use ACAQ code)
and then,merged accounts.(from Menber services tub, choosen my current BLUE account)
but,both of old and new accounts still work today,,,,
Should I call to HHonors customer service center?(worried about that I don't have AC account,,,do they ask me??and,is ACAQ code eligible for asian residents?)

Anyone give me advice pleeeeease!!
Forgive my poor English.
</font>
I would give it another day or two before calling Hilton since its a holiday period for the U.S.
Old Nov 30, 2003, 7:29 pm
xyz

I did the register for a new account and then merged right away. I was already gold so I don't know for sure if all worked. I had an award stay on Oct.31 and Nov. 14 and got points, but no bonus. This weekend we got award rooms for our kids for Thanksgiving in our name. 2 rooms for 2 nights. Just got credit for the nights, but no points at all. Not a big problem since they were point saver rooms for good rates, but I do wonder if I am in or not before I book some Christmas rooms. Any advice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.