Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold Status AND 50,000 points after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2003, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sphere:
So I thought I signed up for ACAQ but they assigned me a different promo. Has anyone received the same thing? I wonder what kind of points I get. I will not complain if I get 25K points, but 50K is nicer...</font>
Are you sure you didn't sign up for ACAT? That's a 25k promo...

Old Dec 16, 2003, 11:37 am

I just signed up this morning for an instant gold account and combined it with my old silver one. So far, my old points have not shown up in my new account. I suppose I should be patient, but it also sounds like many of you had this happen instantly. Should I be worried yet?
Old Dec 16, 2003, 12:47 pm

My husband signed up for a new gold account 12 days ago, and requested (online) that his 2 accounts be merged. Still hasn't happened. He sent a second email last Friday, but both accounts are still there. Not sure what the problem is.
Old Dec 16, 2003, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Just call and ask them to do it. I waited a few days and when the accounts were still not combined I called and it took about 2 minutes in total to take care of this.
Old Dec 16, 2003, 1:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by xyzzy:
Just call and ask them to do it. I waited a few days and when the accounts were still not combined I called and it took about 2 minutes in total to take care of this.</font>
after a few days of waiting, i ended up calling as well. no problems getting the bonuses afterwards.
Old Dec 16, 2003, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
How long is retroactive processing for merged account taking? I merged a new account into an old one today. The old one had 1 stay after the new one (also 1 stay). No bonus applied to the stay in the old account yet. A few hours, days?
Old Dec 17, 2003, 7:16 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
3!! Ah... ha.... ha...
Old Dec 17, 2003, 9:05 am

Programs: UA1MM1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by xyzzy:
Originally posted by sphere:
So I thought I signed up for ACAQ but they assigned me a different promo. Has anyone received the same thing? I wonder what kind of points I get. I will not complain if I get 25K points, but 50K is nicer...</font>
Are you sure you didn't sign up for ACAT? That's a 25k promo...

Yes, I am sure I didn't sign up for ACAT.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Signed up today. On the confirmation it says: "You will receive your permanent membership card after you second stay". So, I do not get the Gold Card mailed until I stayed twice??
Old Dec 17, 2003, 7:29 pm

Forgive me but I have two very stupid questions.

I signed up for the gold account and have requested hilton to merge accounts.

I am thinking of booking a hotel locally for 4 nights just to get the 50K points.

My questions are:

1st) Where does it say on the hilton website that if I stay 4 nights that I get 50K points?

2nd) Is there a link to this promotion or am I automatically included by being gold?

3rd) The only thing that I may have done wrong in merging accounts is that I went to the new account and then requested merging with the old account. Will I lose anything by doing it this way?

4th and Finally) Is there a hilton/(hampton) promotion code that will help me bring my rate down in Tampa cheaper than $53 per night. Again, I live here and don't plan on staying at the hotel. Just want to get the least expensive hotel possible to get the points.

Thanks for wasting a lot of bandwith.

Anthony
Old Dec 18, 2003, 8:06 am

I was able to sign up with Hilton customer service and they merged my new account with my current account on the phone w/o the aeroplan number two days ago (they asked me to update my profile with my aeroplan number when I had it available).

Good news this morning--an award stay in Oct. and a Nov. paid stay posted this morning for my first two bonuses.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

atwnsw2:
1) It doesn't. The promo (see the first message in this thread) says that if you have four *stays* you get 50k points.

2) See the first message in this thread

3) No. Merging old into new works fine.

4) See if the Reno Hilton still has its $29 rate available and do it as a no-show.

Old Dec 18, 2003, 11:43 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
atwnsw2:

4) See if the Reno Hilton still has its $29 rate available and do it as a no-show.

</font>

I did a no-show, but haven't seen the credit on my account. What should I do?
Old Dec 18, 2003, 3:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Motion122:

I did a no-show, but haven't seen the credit on my account. What should I do?
</font>
I think the accepted wisdom is to 1) wait 3 weeks, 2) submit missing stay request via the web form, and 3) cross fingers.

Am I leaving anything out?

lux
Old Dec 18, 2003, 3:06 pm

[Deleted -- duplicate post]
lux

[This message has been edited by luxurio (edited Dec 18, 2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.