Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parmelia Hilton Perth {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
pleased to report back that as Diamond was upgraded to King Suite (from Queen room, 2nd lowest cat) with OLCI showing the upgrade the night before check-in.

overall excellent value (AUD140 average over 5 nights), although the property is certainly dated but still kept clean. The Tapas + Drink vouchers are good for any drink on the menu which is a nice touch.

for weekend parking, found the cheapest within walking distance is Westralia Sqaure (by Secure Parking) , with flat rate of AUD8 (6pm-6am) + AUD8 (6am-6pm) = AUD16 for a whole night, or half that if one leaves before 6am on a weekend :P

overall a good stay but some things I didn't like :

1. bathrobes never replaced unless requested
2. tour groups during breakfast AND dinner
3. breakfast only up to 10am everyday and they are fast in clearing ... isn't the brand standard 11am on weekends ?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wantan
1. bathrobes never replaced unless requested
Even after all this time, there are new things to discover. I don't believe any hotel I've ever stayed at has replaced my bathrobes. (Nor have I ever cared or wanted them to, so it never crossed my mind.)
Cymro likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by Kremmen
Even after all this time, there are new things to discover. I don't believe any hotel I've ever stayed at has replaced my bathrobes. (Nor have I ever cared or wanted them to, so it never crossed my mind.)
should have clarified that I wanted 1 bathrobe changed after the 2nd night, so I placed it together with used towels in the tub for housekeeping. I know hotels sometime miss out on items when it's in a bundle, hence I always place the bathrobe on top.

I didn't get a bathrobe back. Spouse tried the same on the 3rd night and similarly no new bathrobe.

not a hassle to call for a new set, but it does give a vibe of cost cutting.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Kremmen
I rarely use the bathrobes (I find them too hot and would rather just hang in my underwear), but I will sometimes have one handy for if someone comes to the door. The last few years I've started leaving the Do Not Disturb sign on the entire stay, but there have been one or maybe two hotels over the hundreds I've stayed at over the decades where housekeeping replaced bathrobes without my asking. I can't recall where, but I do recall being surprised that a bathrobe I'd left folded over a chair back was replaced with what appeared to be a fresh clean one, in the closet with the arms folded inside and the belt tied in a bow around it.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Enjoyed my three night stay with an upgrade. Lamb on the tapas plate two of the three nights was very good.

SPN Lifer and QF WP like this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:23 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Nice Queen Suite you had there @tom911.

I'm currently in residence (3 night stay). Okay, news hot off the press! Just had long chats whilst down for breakfast with the FoH staff and Jeremy (Facilities Mgr, for want of his actual title). Hiltons lease ends 31 Dec 18 and they have a 3 month extension because they are negotiating for a long lease. They are planning an Executive Lounge as the major part of renovations, which will also include a revamp of the check-in and foyer. Plans at present are for the old (Margaux's) nightclub space on the ground floor (through the walkway on the right just past check-in) to be converted to the EL and opening up the back of the property to link with Brookfield (Plaza/Place?) next door. Negative is no view but I can live with that. It's currently a storerooom.

Alternative is for one on Level 1, or 10 (where the old one used to be in the corner with partial views to the Swan River - that was almost 20 years ago, before my time).

So watch this space. I should be back here in January with any luck.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by QF WP

I'm currently in residence (3 night stay). Okay, news hot off the press! Just had long chats whilst down for breakfast with the FoH staff and Jeremy (Facilities Mgr, for want of his actual title). Hiltons lease ends 31 Dec 18 and they have a 3 month extension because they are negotiating for a long lease. They are planning an Executive Lounge as the major part of renovations, which will also include a revamp of the check-in and foyer. Plans at present are for the old (Margaux's) nightclub space on the ground floor (through the walkway on the right just past check-in) to be converted to the EL and opening up the back of the property to link with Brookfield (Plaza/Place?) next door. Negative is no view but I can live with that. It's currently a storerooom.

Alternative is for one on Level 1, or 10 (where the old one used to be in the corner with partial views to the Swan River - that was almost 20 years ago, before my time).

Good news. They might be anticipating competition from the DoubleTree Northbrdge which will have an EL when it opens at the end of January. In any case this hotel does need an uplift in comparison with Perth's other 4-5 star properties.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:55 pm

that's great news, Hilton needs to up their game especially with brands like Intercontinental & Westin now operating just round the corner.

not too fussed about not having a lounge as long as rooms are kept up to date.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by turtlemichael
Good news. They might be anticipating competition from the DoubleTree Northbrdge which will have an EL when it opens at the end of January. In any case this hotel does need an uplift in comparison with Perth's other 4-5 star properties.
I've always stayed at the Hilton Perth when in the area and have always liked it, but for next February decided to give the new Doubletree a try, as it has a lounge and is closer to the train station and center of town. I believe it is the same general manager for both properties.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:15 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Yes, there are 2 Double Trees opening in Perth - Northbridge (which has been delayed for years) and Elizabeth Quay, IIRC. Elizabeth Quay will have views over the Swan River and supposedly an outdoor rooftop bar. This will mean great opportunities for mattress runs - I don't need them to retain Diamond, so less important for me (position is more important to me, with all my clients at this end of St Georges Terrace, I'll probably do a single night in each over the next couple of trips just to say I've tried them).
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:47 pm
cjd

Yes, there are 2 Double Trees opening in Perth - Northbridge (which has been delayed for years) and Elizabeth Quay, IIRC. Elizabeth Quay will have views over the Swan River and supposedly an outdoor rooftop bar. This will mean great opportunities for mattress runs - I don't need them to retain Diamond, so less important for me (position is more important to me, with all my clients at this end of St Georges Terrace, I'll probably do a single night in each over the next couple of trips just to say I've tried them).
Any details on progress on the new Doubletree at Elizabeth Quay. When we were there in March last year, the site seemed at a standstill. Is the hotel making good progress now with a possible completion/opening date?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
What I was told, they are all the same owners
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by lcohen999
What I was told, they are all the same owners
That's my understanding as well, especially since I believe the same person is GM of at least the Hilton and the one Doubletree. However, I can see wanting to upgrade the Hilton property regardless, to make it more attractive.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold

I just checked in and the renovations have begun! The old lobby is currently closed with everything at the bar area.

Rooms are being upgraded, new ACs, EL.

They are getting rid of a few suites to increase capacity. All the staff seem very excited with these changes.
SPN Lifer, shillard, QF WP and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 2:01 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hotel is reopening next month with 32 new rooms and an executive lounge.

Western Australia’s Parmelia Hilton Perth will reopen in February following a major 10-month renovation and refurbishment which has been completed both to the hotel and its surrounding public infrastructure.

Works completed at the hotel have included in addition of 32 new rooms and the addition of an Executive Lounge for eligible guests to unwind or relax prior to their onward journey. The hotel’s lobby has been completely reimagined, with interior designers opting for a selection of locally inspired artworks reflective of the coastal landscape and city’s cultural heritage.
more info and pics https://www.hotelmanagement.com.au/2...oes-touchless/
CMK10 and turtlemichael like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.