Parmelia Hilton Perth {AUS}

Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by MP001
I was there last September. Upgraded to a Queen suite. The rooms are not new but well kept, it looks like the one I was in had a recent light refresh. Carpet and furniture in very good condition. Bathroom had both bathtub and separate standing shower. No executive lounge but I was given tapas and drink voucher + breakfast in the restaurant.
Overall positive experience and good location.
thanks for the feedback ! any idea if parking is complimentary ? from Hilton website seems only valet at 55AUD/night and TR reviews state cheapest is a car park opposite for AUD22

still abit uncertain on the rooms as Hilton's own website seems to have at least 3 different types of decor (from 80's style, to light wood, to some rooms with more grey furniture) same does for the toilets shown on website. Also are suite upgrades for Diamond common ? That may be the deciding factor as traveling with kids.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wantan
thanks for the feedback ! any idea if parking is complimentary ? from Hilton website seems only valet at 55AUD/night and TR reviews state cheapest is a car park opposite for AUD22
That might be a significant cost if you're driving. In the past year or so, a number of lower-end Perth CBD hotels have reduced or even removed their parking charges for guests.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)

still abit uncertain on the rooms as Hilton's own website seems to have at least 3 different types of decor (from 80's style, to light wood, to some rooms with more grey furniture) same does for the toilets shown on website. Also are suite upgrades for Diamond common ? That may be the deciding factor as traveling with kids.
I'd suggest emailing the hotel to ask about parking rates and if they might be likely (no guarantees, based on availability, etc., etc.) to offer you a room that would be comfortable for your family. I've stayed there a number of times, but never with my own car, and I've always had the same room.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
I'd suggest emailing the hotel to ask about parking rates and if they might be likely (no guarantees, based on availability, etc., etc.) to offer you a room that would be comfortable for your family. I've stayed there a number of times, but never with my own car, and I've always had the same room.
what room do you usually receive, and if it's an upgrade was it from base room or a higher cat if you don't mind sharing ?

I tend to shy away from directly requesting for perks, unless it's something I'm willing to pay for hence tend to choose properties that already have customer friendly policy on Elite treatment.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Rooms do indeed have the 80's style feeling. However, in my experience they are very well maintained.
I booked a basic room and as Diamond I was given the Queen suite. No need to ask. Water and fruit amenities were in the room.
Full breakfast offered in the restaurant and as they have no lounge I was offered a drink and tapas.
I was not driving, and it is very easy to walk everywhere, location is excellent.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:50 am

what room do you usually receive, and if it's an upgrade was it from base room or a higher cat if you don't mind sharing ?

I tend to shy away from directly requesting for perks, unless it's something I'm willing to pay for hence tend to choose properties that already have customer friendly policy on Elite treatment.
I've always been upgraded from the cheapest room to a King Deluxe (such as x24 on the floor map) which I like. It's what other hotels would call a junior suite, as it's a large room divided into a sitting area with couch and chairs and a sleeping area with bed and bedside tables, but no actual door in between. There's an enormous walk-in dressing room, and a decent bath with separate tub and stall shower. I understand being reluctant to directly ask for an upgrade, but in your case the enjoyability of your stay and hence your book or not decision is based on the likelihood, so there's no harm in emailing a polite note that says you understand upgrades are based on availability and not guaranteed, etc., but that you will be with your family and your experience so threatened by a poor room that you might book elsewhere just to avoid the risk, and ask if, based on availability now, they could give you an estimate of the odds. In my case, I book two rooms, and have always gotten a King Deluxe connecting to a standard room. Two rooms means lots of room for everyone, especially when one room is effectively a junior suite.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Kremmen
That might be a significant cost if you're driving. In the past year or so, a number of lower-end Perth CBD hotels have reduced or even removed their parking charges for guests.
You can park on the street after 5:30pm to 7:30am at no charge. I always tend to do that to avoid high parking rates
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: QFF, HH Diamond
Staying here tomorrow. Booked a queen base room, upgraded (as Diamond) to King Deluxe.

Has anyone stayed in 818 and know if it's a refurbished room?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by MP001
Rooms do indeed have the 80's style feeling. However, in my experience they are very well maintained.
I booked a basic room and as Diamond I was given the Queen suite. No need to ask. Water and fruit amenities were in the room.
Full breakfast offered in the restaurant and as they have no lounge I was offered a drink and tapas.
I was not driving, and it is very easy to walk everywhere, location is excellent.
do you remember if there was a door between the bedroom and living for the Queen Suite ? Also the Hilton website specfically mentions "exclusive 10th Floor" , anything special up there ?

I've always been upgraded from the cheapest room to a King Deluxe (such as x24 on the floor map) which I like. It's what other hotels would call a junior suite, as it's a large room divided into a sitting area with couch and chairs and a sleeping area with bed and bedside tables, but no actual door in between. There's an enormous walk-in dressing room, and a decent bath with separate tub and stall shower. I understand being reluctant to directly ask for an upgrade, but in your case the enjoyability of your stay and hence your book or not decision is based on the likelihood, so there's no harm in emailing a polite note that says you understand upgrades are based on availability and not guaranteed, etc., but that you will be with your family and your experience so threatened by a poor room that you might book elsewhere just to avoid the risk, and ask if, based on availability now, they could give you an estimate of the odds. In my case, I book two rooms, and have always gotten a King Deluxe connecting to a standard room. Two rooms means lots of room for everyone, especially when one room is effectively a junior suite.
thanks, I had another look at the website and struggle to find the difference between Suites and the Deluxe / Deluxe Plus rooms. All seem to have a separate seating area, does the Suite mean the spaces have a door between them ?

Originally Posted by lcohen999
You can park on the street after 5:30pm to 7:30am at no charge. I always tend to do that to avoid high parking rates
will be my first time back to Perth in decades, is the street parking still free over weekends ? (Friday evening to Monday morning)
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:30 pm

thanks, I had another look at the website and struggle to find the difference between Suites and the Deluxe / Deluxe Plus rooms. All seem to have a separate seating area, does the Suite mean the spaces have a door between them ?
I've only stayed in the King Deluxe rooms, so can't speak to differences with suites, but perhaps an email to the hotel can clarify it?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Stayed there a week ago for 1 night. Arrived there at 6am with an infant. My room (king) was not ready yet so they put us in a Queen room for an extra fee of 65 dollars which I felt was reasonable. The tapas that came with the diamond benefits was quite nice.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:06 pm

I've only stayed in the King Deluxe rooms, so can't speak to differences with suites, but perhaps an email to the hotel can clarify it?
Their reply :"The Deluxe rooms contain a living area, but this is not separated from the bedroom by a door. The Suites all have the bedroom and living areas separated by doors."

I also asked about Diamond benefits , and it listed " Welcome drink and tapas During evening as unfortunately we do not have executive lounge."

Anyone has experience of this ? they either ignored or missed my query on time of the tapas and if it's a one-off or available throughout the stay.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
They usually give you a cert per night you are staying there

They treat Diamonds well at this property, I woudn't sweat it
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:59 pm

Their reply :"The Deluxe rooms contain a living area, but this is not separated from the bedroom by a door. The Suites all have the bedroom and living areas separated by doors."

I also asked about Diamond benefits , and it listed " Welcome drink and tapas During evening as unfortunately we do not have executive lounge."

Anyone has experience of this ? they either ignored or missed my query on time of the tapas and if it's a one-off or available throughout the stay.
So the difference between the suites and the Deluxe rooms is just as you hoped, the former have doors. Cool.

The way the tapas and drinks work is when you check in you get one coupon for each day you are staying there, each coupon good for a tapas and a drink. The tapas are always three different things on a plate. What they are changes daily. The drink is your choice, You can get this in the restaurant pretty much any time you like, although probably only during dinner service. In the timing aspect, it's better than a lounge because you are not limited to a specific 90-minute or two-hour period. However, it's one plate per coupon, unlike a lounge where you can get more as often as you like. The tapas selection changes daily, but you can ask what it is and if there's something you don't like you can ask to have that replaced with one of the others. Note that although you get one coupon per night of your stay, you get them all at check-in, and in my experience it's possible to use two together. Sometimes we stayed at the beach too late and didn't want to shower and get changed to get the tapas, so instead we skipped it that day and used two coupons the following day. I can't say if it's supposed to work that way.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by lcohen999
They usually give you a cert per night you are staying there

They treat Diamonds well at this property, I woudn't sweat it
So the difference between the suites and the Deluxe rooms is just as you hoped, the former have doors. Cool.

The way the tapas and drinks work is when you check in you get one coupon for each day you are staying there, each coupon good for a tapas and a drink. The tapas are always three different things on a plate. What they are changes daily. The drink is your choice, You can get this in the restaurant pretty much any time you like, although probably only during dinner service. In the timing aspect, it's better than a lounge because you are not limited to a specific 90-minute or two-hour period. However, it's one plate per coupon, unlike a lounge where you can get more as often as you like. The tapas selection changes daily, but you can ask what it is and if there's something you don't like you can ask to have that replaced with one of the others. Note that although you get one coupon per night of your stay, you get them all at check-in, and in my experience it's possible to use two together. Sometimes we stayed at the beach too late and didn't want to shower and get changed to get the tapas, so instead we skipped it that day and used two coupons the following day. I can't say if it's supposed to work that way.
awesome, thanks for the insight !

now just fingers crossed we do get a suite, or hope the up-sale isn't too much from Deluxe

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.