Parmelia Hilton Perth {AUS}

Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Have been staying here for years, today we were informed that as of some time last year, the "full" breakfast in the restaurant no longer includes eggs to order, smoked salmon, or anything else that needs to be requested; new rule is if it isn't sitting out on the buffet, it's an extra charge. Also, the buffet no longer includes salad.

Edit to add: restaurant manager informed me that anything made to order is subject to an extra charge, but nt smoked salmon (staff were misinformed).

Last edited by anabolism; Feb 12, 2018 at 7:21 pm
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
Have been staying here for years, today we were informed that as of some time last year, the "full" breakfast in the restaurant no longer includes eggs to order, smoked salmon, or anything else that needs to be requested; new rule is if it isn't sitting out on the buffet, it's an extra charge. Also, the buffet no longer includes salad.
It's a nice hotel but the once-palatial breakfast has become mundane. They're even playing that trick of delivering undrinkable stewed coffee if you don't agree to pay extra for a barista coffee...

... which was formerly included but now enhanced away along with cooked-to-order eggs, smoked salmon, grapefruit juice, linen napkins. The comfortable chairs are now replaced with ridiculous hard schoolroom chairs and the atmosphere in that cavernous echoing room is like a school hall
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:10 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Hmmm, that's different treatment but I suppose the way of the world at the moment. I'm staying here again on Sunday for 3 nights, so will be able to see and hear of the changes first hand. Thankfully, I drink tea so the "coffee tax" has never been a problem (plus being a Diamond)
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Yup, I saw that too. I didn't bother complaining about it but will make mention if I get a survey via email.

That said, staff are still excellent and they take care of Diamonds and their regulars very well.

The upcoming DTs are owned by the same company, for whatever that is worth
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Quick update: restaurant manager told me smoked salmon should not be subject to an extra charge, but anything made to order is. It seems the hotel reduced their breakfast prices to better compete with area restaurants, and needed to cut costs to make up for it.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:42 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Here now. Upgraded to exec room. While I haven't seen a regular room, this appears to be a proper upgrade with a seriously huge bed, lots of space and a bigger bathroom than usual (2 sinks). Although not a suite, there is a sort of "living area" in front of the bed with two armchairs in front of the TV.

Tapas were bread with a hummus dip, fish and chips (fish was size of a fish finger and 4 chips), and sauteed chorizo. Happy to eat it for free but menu says it costs $20!!!

Quick update: restaurant manager told me smoked salmon should not be subject to an extra charge, but anything made to order is. It seems the hotel reduced their breakfast prices to better compete with area restaurants, and needed to cut costs to make up for it.
The breakfast price appears to be $29, so not sure that excuse makes sense, I'm sure you can get a good enough breakfast for less than $20 at any of the nearby cafes (there's one less than a minute away which appears to be $10 for the food).

Selection is not that extensive either but I was reasonably pleased.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
!, I'm here at the moment as well - leave tomorrow (Wed). As a Diamond, when I am checked in on the Hilton App, was pre-asssigned my favourite Suite (Queen). You're welcome to see what it like - vastly superior to the Exec Rooms and for me, preferable to the King Suite (waaaay too large for one person).

You up for a tapas and beer @ the bar tonight? I'll be there ~5.30pm with a Flyertalk tag in front of me - I'm off to dinner with some FF friends @ 7.30pm if you want to join us.

Last edited by QF WP; Feb 20, 2018 at 2:46 am
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:19 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by QF WP
!, I'm here at the moment as well - leave tomorrow (Wed). As a Diamond, when I am checked in on the Hilton App, was pre-asssigned my favourite Suite (Queen). You're welcome to see what it like - vastly superior to the Exec Rooms and for me, prefereable to the King Suite (waaaay too large for one person).

You up for a tapas and beer @ the bar tonight? I'll be there ~5.30pm with a Flyertalk tag in front of me - I'm off to dinner with some FF friends @ 7.30pm if you want to join us.
Thanks for the offer but unfortunately I left this morning.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:48 am

That's a pity, I arrived on Sunday night and was down in the bar last night getting my Diamond benefit. Missed by that much...
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Yup, I saw that too. I didn't bother complaining about it but will make mention if I get a survey via email.

That said, staff are still excellent and they take care of Diamonds and their regulars very well.

The upcoming DTs are owned by the same company, for whatever that is worth
Any idea when the DTs will be up and running? Have a stay in August, but the DTs are not available for booking yet.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
The breakfast price appears to be $29, so not sure that excuse makes sense, I'm sure you can get a good enough breakfast for less than $20 at any of the nearby cafes (there's one less than a minute away which appears to be $10 for the food).
The buffet used to be $38, so it has come down in price.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by kt85
Any idea when the DTs will be up and running? Have a stay in August, but the DTs are not available for booking yet.
When I was in Perth in January, they were still pouring concrete
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kt85
Last dates I saw were May for Northbridge and next year for Waterfront.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
from the Hilton website, some of the rooms look pretty old ? and suite photos show a bathtub+shower combo which I dislike ... very much prefer just a standing shower.

thinking of booking this hotel as HH Diamond, any idea how many of the rooms have been refurbished ? (as seen in @CMK10's post from 2016?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by wantan
from the Hilton website, some of the rooms look pretty old ? and suite photos show a bathtub+shower combo which I dislike ... very much prefer just a standing shower.

thinking of booking this hotel as HH Diamond, any idea how many of the rooms have been refurbished ? (as seen in @CMK10's post from 2016?
I was there last September. Upgraded to a Queen suite. The rooms are not new but well kept, it looks like the one I was in had a recent light refresh. Carpet and furniture in very good condition. Bathroom had both bathtub and separate standing shower. No executive lounge but I was given tapas and drink voucher + breakfast in the restaurant.
Overall positive experience and good location.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.