Parmelia Hilton Perth {AUS}

Reply

Old Feb 10, 18, 9:18 pm
  #91  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Posts: 6,670
Have been staying here for years, today we were informed that as of some time last year, the "full" breakfast in the restaurant no longer includes eggs to order, smoked salmon, or anything else that needs to be requested; new rule is if it isn't sitting out on the buffet, it's an extra charge. Also, the buffet no longer includes salad.

Edit to add: restaurant manager informed me that anything made to order is subject to an extra charge, but nt smoked salmon (staff were misinformed).

Last edited by anabolism; Feb 12, 18 at 8:21 pm
anabolism is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 18, 10:07 pm
  #92  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: OOL
Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Posts: 3,660
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
Have been staying here for years, today we were informed that as of some time last year, the "full" breakfast in the restaurant no longer includes eggs to order, smoked salmon, or anything else that needs to be requested; new rule is if it isn't sitting out on the buffet, it's an extra charge. Also, the buffet no longer includes salad.
It's a nice hotel but the once-palatial breakfast has become mundane. They're even playing that trick of delivering undrinkable stewed coffee if you don't agree to pay extra for a barista coffee...

... which was formerly included but now enhanced away along with cooked-to-order eggs, smoked salmon, grapefruit juice, linen napkins. The comfortable chairs are now replaced with ridiculous hard schoolroom chairs and the atmosphere in that cavernous echoing room is like a school hall
harryhv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 18, 11:10 pm
  #93  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Gold, QF Silver (90.2% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond, SPG, PC. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Posts: 6,403
Hmmm, that's different treatment but I suppose the way of the world at the moment. I'm staying here again on Sunday for 3 nights, so will be able to see and hear of the changes first hand. Thankfully, I drink tea so the "coffee tax" has never been a problem (plus being a Diamond)
QF WP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 18, 9:04 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: I'm From Here
Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Posts: 3,691
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
Have been staying here for years, today we were informed that as of some time last year, the "full" breakfast in the restaurant no longer includes eggs to order, smoked salmon, or anything else that needs to be requested; new rule is if it isn't sitting out on the buffet, it's an extra charge. Also, the buffet no longer includes salad.
Yup, I saw that too. I didn't bother complaining about it but will make mention if I get a survey via email.

That said, staff are still excellent and they take care of Diamonds and their regulars very well.

The upcoming DTs are owned by the same company, for whatever that is worth
lcohen999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 18, 8:23 pm
  #95  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Posts: 6,670
Quick update: restaurant manager told me smoked salmon should not be subject to an extra charge, but anything made to order is. It seems the hotel reduced their breakfast prices to better compete with area restaurants, and needed to cut costs to make up for it.
anabolism is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 18, 7:42 am
  #96  
:D!
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Aberdeen, Bella Vista and Croydon
Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond and A3*G
Posts: 3,862
Here now. Upgraded to exec room. While I haven't seen a regular room, this appears to be a proper upgrade with a seriously huge bed, lots of space and a bigger bathroom than usual (2 sinks). Although not a suite, there is a sort of "living area" in front of the bed with two armchairs in front of the TV.

Tapas were bread with a hummus dip, fish and chips (fish was size of a fish finger and 4 chips), and sauteed chorizo. Happy to eat it for free but menu says it costs $20!!!

Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
Quick update: restaurant manager told me smoked salmon should not be subject to an extra charge, but anything made to order is. It seems the hotel reduced their breakfast prices to better compete with area restaurants, and needed to cut costs to make up for it.
The breakfast price appears to be $29, so not sure that excuse makes sense, I'm sure you can get a good enough breakfast for less than $20 at any of the nearby cafes (there's one less than a minute away which appears to be $10 for the food).

Selection is not that extensive either but I was reasonably pleased.
:D! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 18, 6:17 pm
  #97  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Gold, QF Silver (90.2% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond, SPG, PC. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Posts: 6,403
!, I'm here at the moment as well - leave tomorrow (Wed). As a Diamond, when I am checked in on the Hilton App, was pre-asssigned my favourite Suite (Queen). You're welcome to see what it like - vastly superior to the Exec Rooms and for me, preferable to the King Suite (waaaay too large for one person).

You up for a tapas and beer @ the bar tonight? I'll be there ~5.30pm with a Flyertalk tag in front of me - I'm off to dinner with some FF friends @ 7.30pm if you want to join us.

Last edited by QF WP; Feb 20, 18 at 3:46 am
QF WP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 18, 3:19 am
  #98  
:D!
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Aberdeen, Bella Vista and Croydon
Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond and A3*G
Posts: 3,862
Originally Posted by QF WP View Post
!, I'm here at the moment as well - leave tomorrow (Wed). As a Diamond, when I am checked in on the Hilton App, was pre-asssigned my favourite Suite (Queen). You're welcome to see what it like - vastly superior to the Exec Rooms and for me, prefereable to the King Suite (waaaay too large for one person).

You up for a tapas and beer @ the bar tonight? I'll be there ~5.30pm with a Flyertalk tag in front of me - I'm off to dinner with some FF friends @ 7.30pm if you want to join us.
Thanks for the offer but unfortunately I left this morning.
:D! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 18, 3:48 am
  #99  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Gold, QF Silver (90.2% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond, SPG, PC. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Posts: 6,403
That's a pity, I arrived on Sunday night and was down in the bar last night getting my Diamond benefit. Missed by that much...
QF WP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 18, 8:17 pm
  #100  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SIN
Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 142
Originally Posted by lcohen999 View Post
Yup, I saw that too. I didn't bother complaining about it but will make mention if I get a survey via email.

That said, staff are still excellent and they take care of Diamonds and their regulars very well.

The upcoming DTs are owned by the same company, for whatever that is worth
Any idea when the DTs will be up and running? Have a stay in August, but the DTs are not available for booking yet.
kt85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 18, 11:36 pm
  #101  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Plat, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,604
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
The breakfast price appears to be $29, so not sure that excuse makes sense, I'm sure you can get a good enough breakfast for less than $20 at any of the nearby cafes (there's one less than a minute away which appears to be $10 for the food).
The buffet used to be $38, so it has come down in price.
perthite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 18, 8:04 am
  #102  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: I'm From Here
Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Posts: 3,691
Originally Posted by kt85 View Post
Any idea when the DTs will be up and running? Have a stay in August, but the DTs are not available for booking yet.
When I was in Perth in January, they were still pouring concrete
lcohen999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 18, 5:24 pm
  #103  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Plat, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,604
Originally Posted by kt85 View Post
Any idea when the DTs will be up and running? Have a stay in August, but the DTs are not available for booking yet.
Last dates I saw were May for Northbridge and next year for Waterfront.
perthite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 18, 9:00 pm
  #104  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire
Posts: 542
from the Hilton website, some of the rooms look pretty old ? and suite photos show a bathtub+shower combo which I dislike ... very much prefer just a standing shower.

thinking of booking this hotel as HH Diamond, any idea how many of the rooms have been refurbished ? (as seen in @CMK10's post from 2016?
wantan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 18, 1:21 am
  #105  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: UK & Ireland
Programs: BAEC Silver;KLM Flying Blue Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 117
Originally Posted by wantan View Post
from the Hilton website, some of the rooms look pretty old ? and suite photos show a bathtub+shower combo which I dislike ... very much prefer just a standing shower.

thinking of booking this hotel as HH Diamond, any idea how many of the rooms have been refurbished ? (as seen in @CMK10's post from 2016?
I was there last September. Upgraded to a Queen suite. The rooms are not new but well kept, it looks like the one I was in had a recent light refresh. Carpet and furniture in very good condition. Bathroom had both bathtub and separate standing shower. No executive lounge but I was given tapas and drink voucher + breakfast in the restaurant.
Overall positive experience and good location.
MP001 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: