Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parmelia Hilton Perth {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 8/19 - 8/21:

Location: Perfect for exploration of Perth. The area around the hotel is a little sleepy on weekends but you can walk very easily to the train station, Hay Street Mall and to the art museum. King's Park is about a mile's walk away but it's uphill and can be stressful. The area around is very safe too. It's about a 50AUD cab ride from PER

Hotel: The hotel has a bit of a strange design. The driveway is tiny and I had to meet my Uber in the street because it was blocked. The lobby area is small but there's a nice bar and restaurant just off it. Common areas were all quite nice and there were no long waits for elevators. Everything felt in good repair.

Check In: Handled quickly and easily by a very friendly agent who informed my father and me (we had separate rooms) that we'd been upgraded. Turned out only I'd been upgraded to a larger king room.

Room: I was in an upgraded king which had a lot of space. There was a large comfortable bed, closet, huge bathroom and even a balcony. Do note that the only outlets were on the floor next to the bed. There was also a welcome amenity waiting for me in the room.

Breakfast/Other: There's no lounge so we were given coupons for free drinks and free appetizers for each night and also a full breakfast in the restaurant. Breakfast was great, definitely one of the best Hilton breakfasts I've had. Cooked to order eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, Asian food like congee, fried rice and noodles plus breads, cereals, fruits and yogurt.

Our only issue was that the lock on my father's room didn't work the first night. The hotel gave us more drink coupons and made it right. Our rate was 119 AUD a night and we'd definitely stay here again, it's a good hotel.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Great report and photos! That's a much larger room than I ever saw as a Gold, and the bathroom is way nicer. Must have been renovated since my last visit 5 years ago. Sounds like the rates are reflecting the downturn in the oil & mining business, because I never paid <$300/nt.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Staying in May

I will be staying there in May. As a Gold, what can I expect in the way of status benefits?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat
Currently posting this from alongside the pool at the hotel, we stayed one night at the start of our trip and are now finishing off with a further 5 nights. Paid a sale rate of 145AUD for a king room, upgraded on both visits to a King suite.

Complimentary full breakfast for the wife and I, vouchers for each night for a drink and a tapas plate for both of us.

Our return flight to the UK is around midnight so I asked about a late checkout which was offered until 2pm, however they said they could extend the room for the same price as I paid, as the room at the moment is circa 400AUD I took them up on this and was given further drink and tapas vouchers and will now check out around 9pm.

As an aside, there are four free CAT buses that go around Perth there is a stop around the corner from the hotel or the bus station is a 5 minute walk away.

Will try and add some pictures later.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:54 am
cjd

Originally Posted by moeman982
Currently posting this from alongside the pool at the hotel, we stayed one night at the start of our trip and are now finishing off with a further 5 nights. Paid a sale rate of 145AUD for a king room, upgraded on both visits to a King suite.

Complimentary full breakfast for the wife and I, vouchers for each night for a drink and a tapas plate for both of us.

Our return flight to the UK is around midnight so I asked about a late checkout which was offered until 2pm, however they said they could extend the room for the same price as I paid, as the room at the moment is circa 400AUD I took them up on this and was given further drink and tapas vouchers and will now check out around 9pm.

As an aside, there are four free CAT buses that go around Perth there is a stop around the corner from the hotel or the bus station is a 5 minute walk away.

Will try and add some pictures later.
Oh, you did better than us! Our stays must have overlapped. Left a couple of days ago for Singapore after 4 nights there. We booked a King room and got upgraded to a King Deluxe room. The room was like a junior suite in other hotels. Had a massive comfortable King size bed, which seemed a lot bigger than other King beds. Large bathroom with separate walk-in shower. Air con was very noisy, but effective. Hotel is quite dated and probably in need of refurbishment. Also got the drinks and tapas vouchers, which we had a slight problem with. Only in the bar 2 nights and requested the tapas which we liked off the menu, only to be told we couldn't have those ones and had to have the chefs selection, which we didn't really like. After some discussion we got the requested tapas, which were delicious, but it spoilt the evenings slightly as we had to speak to a manager on both occasions. We were told at check in that the complimentary drinks and tapas were in lieu of an Executive lounge. Surely if they're on the menu and all the same price, it's no great problem to give the customer what they would like. Rant over and having said that, we really enjoyed our stay there. Good location for getting around Perth.

Last edited by cjd; Mar 19, 2017 at 8:01 am
Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Originally Posted by cjd
Oh, you did better than us! Our stays must have overlapped. Left a couple of days ago for Singapore after 4 nights there. We booked a King room and got upgraded to a King Deluxe room. The room was like a junior suite in other hotels. Had a massive comfortable King size bed, which seemed a lot bigger than other King beds. Large bathroom with separate walk-in shower. Air con was very noisy, but effective. Hotel is quite dated and probably in need of refurbishment. Also got the drinks and tapas vouchers, which we had a slight problem with. Only in the bar 2 nights and requested the tapas which we liked off the menu, only to be told we couldn't have those ones and had to have the chefs selection, which we didn't really like. After some discussion we got the requested tapas, which were delicious, but it spoilt the evenings slightly as we had to speak to a manager on both occasions. We were told at check in that the complimentary drinks and tapas were in lieu of an Executive lounge. Surely if they're on the menu and all the same price, it's no great problem to give the customer what they would like. Rant over and having said that, we really enjoyed our stay there. Good location for getting around Perth.

Are you Gold or Diamond ?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:44 am
cjd

Originally Posted by flying chef
Are you Gold or Diamond ?
Sorry, should have said Diamond.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:51 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Currently posting this from alongside the pool at the hotel, we stayed one night at the start of our trip and are now finishing off with a further 5 nights.
Going to miss you by a couple of days, as I arrive on Sunday (26th) for a 3 night stay. As a Diamond, I've always been treated well, tapas/drink vouchers and free breakfast (given they have no Lounge).

Have contacted the Guest Experience Manager (you won't forget Jocelyn, she's the pregnant one) who hopefully has pre-assigned my favourite room (Queen Suite).

Hope you had Deirdre or Jono serve you at breakfast. They are my favourites
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat
Sorry for the tardy reply been a little busy since we got home, treated very well by everyone at the hotel, and had a most enjoyable stay. A shame there is no lounge but they do try with the tapas and drinks vouchers, I wonder if the new Doubletree by the quay will have a lounge?

We actually took the 380 bus back to the airport, a 3 minute stroll from the hotel to the station, and the journey only took a few minutes more than our taxi on arrival!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:46 am
cjd

A shame there is no lounge but they do try with the tapas and drinks vouchers, I wonder if the new Doubletree by the quay will have a lounge?
The advertising hoardings around the site at Elizabeth Quay site state the the new Doubletree will have an Executive lounge. Looks a great location for it, but when we looked on a weekday, the site appeared all locked up with no construction work happening. Hope it's still going ahead.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by cjd
The advertising hoardings around the site at Elizabeth Quay site state the the new Doubletree will have an Executive lounge. Looks a great location for it, but when we looked on a weekday, the site appeared all locked up with no construction work happening. Hope it's still going ahead.
A closed building site on a weekday in Australia is more likely to be a reflection of how the construction industry works here.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:26 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Basic details on the DT Waterfront site can be found here. Sounds interesting and could be a good matress run opportunity for as long as the Hilton Perth remains open.

As for the DT Northbridge, original details were here, but the 2017 opening date is not achievable, given there are 'council' related issues with the construction and its now apparently delayed until at least 2019.
Old May 28, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
A closed building site on a weekday in Australia is more likely to be a reflection of how the construction industry works here.
Interesting, haha !! Will stay in July, there is a flash sale $109.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond
For another data point on this hotel; I booked a week stay in June 2017. I am HH Gold. I reserved a deluxe queen and was upgraded to a queen suite on the top floor. This was a huge two room suite. High ceilings, small useless balcony, large bathroom with a tub and a shower and apparently heated floors. The living room was the size of a large hotel room. It had a chandelier over a nice seating area and then a desk by the door. Nightly turndown service with lots of bottled water and sweets. Welcome amenity of a nice fruit plate.

On weekdays, I got special treatment in the morning for breakfast as Jono would welcome me with sweeping arm gestures and lead me to a side nook. He would bring me coffee, juice, a couple of bottled waters 'for my busy day' and some advice on what to see in Perth that day. Just wonderful.

I had a late flight on my last day. The desk offered me a checkout of 2 which was very nice. I told them I would have a nice dinner in the lounge that night before heading to the airport and they treated me like a VIP. Great staff in the lounge and restaurant and we had a great time. I didn't miss having an EL as I rarely was there until evening anyway. I think the Northbridge DT will have a more convenient location to dining and entertainment in that district while the Elizabeth Quay DT will have an amazing view. But this was a very comfortable stay with a great staff.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by QF WP
As for the DT Northbridge, original details were here, but the 2017 opening date is not achievable, given there are 'council' related issues with the construction and its now apparently delayed until at least 2019.
I saw the site in Northbridge with Doubletree signs on it early this year, so I assumed things would be moving along. If it's going to just sit there for 2 more years, that's going to be wasting a lot of the investment. Any idea what the issues are and why it's going to take so long?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.