Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Adelaide {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2006, 11:14 am

I stayed there in 2004 and it was very pleasant. The hotel dates from the 70s or early 80s? Service was very nice and there is an award winning restaurant downstairs, at which I dined and which I recommend.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 8:24 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I actually preferred the Hilton Adelaide to the Hyatt A(stayed in both) based on the exceptional and kind service team.
However at the time the Hyatt was a little nicer in the guest room and public areas.
I hear the Hilton Adelaide has had some renovations but I cant confirm or deny this.I also thought the food at the Hilton A was good.

In Melbourne the Park Hyatt wins for excellent accomodations and the Grand Hyatt wins for service if you are fortunate to be or have access to the Regency Club.
Unfortunately my colleagues say last I heard that the Hilton Melbourne is very dated
My suggestion Hilton Sydney but not Hilton Melbourne would still be a better choice.Melbourne it is a Hyatt town since we lost the Luxury Collection Sheraton.The Westin Melbourne also is excellent however suites and upgrades to guest rooms for elites are difficult to obtain and you pay for everything and anything unlike the Hilton or the Hyatts who consistently offer great value to their elite members

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 12, 2006 at 8:26 pm
Old May 13, 2006, 7:30 pm

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
King and Queen Rooms - Adelaide Hilton

Looking to stay at Hilton Adelaide in the upcoming months (22-24 Sept), I'm being shown a variety of prices. Only, however, with the Shopping Package, do I get to select a King Hilton Executive Room. I can get a King Hilton Guest Room with the Indulgence Package, but ideally I want a King Hilton Executive Room with the Bed And Breakfast package.

Am I best to approach the hotel directly, or contact Hilton on the toll free number?

Does anyone have any information on how this hotel treats Gold VIPs, and/or what service I should expect?
Old May 13, 2006, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
I'd suggest calling the # if the combination you want is not showing online.

Hilton ADL is in a neat location. ^
Old May 14, 2006, 2:00 am

Try plugging "PR09BB" into the "Promotion Code" field when searching. That gives me a quote of $280/night for the King Exec room on the Bed and Brekkie rate.

Note the "flexible" rate is only $250/night, so if you're staying by yourself you would probably be better off using that and charging brekkie back to your account.

The other offers are also available too, but you'd need different promo codes.

I stayed there last Nov. with a Gold friend (seperate rooms). He was given an upgraded room (and I had a pretty average room!), but I can't recall if he had lounge access or not (I remember not going to the lounge, but wasn't sure if that was a timing thing or because he didn't have access.

I think he was delivered a bottle of wine as well - but as per the comment above not entirely sure!!

(Originally posted that he did have access, but now remembering I'm not sure!)

Last edited by Aus_Mal; May 14, 2006 at 2:43 am
Old May 14, 2006, 2:50 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Stayed there 18 months ago when gold.Did not get upgraded but instead given the full breakfast downstairs which was fantastic.
Old May 14, 2006, 7:58 am
ckc

Programs: AC-SE, HH - Gld
Originally Posted by dannyr
Looking to stay at Hilton Adelaide in the upcoming months (22-24 Sept), I'm being shown a variety of prices. Only, however, with the Shopping Package, do I get to select a King Hilton Executive Room. I can get a King Hilton Guest Room with the Indulgence Package, but ideally I want a King Hilton Executive Room with the Bed And Breakfast package.

Am I best to approach the hotel directly, or contact Hilton on the toll free number?

Does anyone have any information on how this hotel treats Gold VIPs, and/or what service I should expect?
I stayed there a few years ago for one night, and was gold at the time.
I was extremely lucky as I was upgraded to one if (if not THE) nicest room/suite I've ever had at a Hilton. It was on the top floor near the lounge, and featured a full dining room, gorgeous art etc., Shame I was there by myself for all of a few hours, but the gesture was appreciated.
At the desk, when I checked in they told me they hadn't seen a Gold or Diamond member for awhile, and they were waiting to treat someone!
Old May 14, 2006, 5:05 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I've been treated well at Adelaide Hilton. Upgraded as both gold and diamond. Nice lounge with free-flowing evening drinks and nibbles.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 6:53 pm

Exclamation FYI: Hilton Adelaide (Australia) has no Smoking Executive rooms

A heads-up for smokers:

Just completed a two-night stay at the Hilton Adelaide, where I had booked a Smoking Room on the Executive level because my travel partner is a smoker.

Hilton Adelaide has designated only half of the 6th floor as a smoking section. They are standard (and un-renovated) rooms. All of the Executive rooms are non-smoking.

The staff were very professional when handling the situation and although we were downgraded to a standard room——with a reduced rate ^——we still kept our Executive benefits. ^^
Old Sep 11, 2009, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, DL 1M, HH Diamond, PC Amb Plat, Hyatt Plat, * Wood Gold, MR Silver
I thought the entire hotel was non-smoking. Many Hotels in Australia are now non-smoking. I spend 70+ nights a year at that hotel and I have never seen anyone smoke on property.

Great executive lounge. There is no-smoking up there either.

If smoking is a must, there are some boutique hotels in town that might serve you better.

Goz
Old Jan 10, 2010, 6:12 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Any recent reviews? Looking at a 4 night stay in February and am considering a suite. Does anyone know if advance purchase rates once booked offer the NOR1 upgrade?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:54 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Thumbs down Adelaide Hilton - Bait and Switch or Misleading and Deceptive conduct?

A fortnight ago I made a reservation via hilton.com for a King Suite at the Adelaide Hilton for 4 nights. Upon reading that some of the rooms have been refurbished, and others have not, I just called the hotel to ask if they could prebook a refurbished suite.

The Front Desk Manager informs me that they have booked in a Junior Suite and she will mark my request. Confused, I said, I think you mean King Suite and she states "Oh, there is a discrepancy between the website and our room types. A King Suite online is a Junior Suite, it's just the layout is all in one room."

I look up my documentation which reads "King Suite." I expect a suite to have a separate living room and bedroom. I call Hilton Central reservations where the agent advises that I have indeed booked a King Suite, and not a Junior Suite. The agent was truly dumbfounded and said that during his entire history at Hilton, he had never seen such an issue.

I just tried to make another reservation on hilton.com and the only suite type listed is "King Suite." If the hotel room types and the chain's own websites don't match, surely this is the fault of the hotel and the reservation should be honoured. Interestingly the NOR1 upgrade system lists "King Spa Suite" and "King Executive Suite" as possible upgrade options, so clearly there are indeed King Suites.

I don't expect more than I agreed to pay for, but I do expect a hotel and reputable chain to honour their commitment. So what are my options?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 2:56 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I just tried to make another reservation on hilton.com and the only suite type listed is "King Suite." If the hotel room types and the chain's own websites don't match, surely this is the fault of the hotel and the reservation should be honoured. Interestingly the NOR1 upgrade system lists "King Spa Suite" and "King Executive Suite" as possible upgrade options, so clearly there are indeed King Suites.

I don't expect more than I agreed to pay for, but I do expect a hotel and reputable chain to honour their commitment. So what are my options?
Based on their website, the "King Spa Suite" and the "King Executive Suite" are almost certainly "King Suites" inasmuch as the one that you have booked is a "King Suite". It looks like that is the only style of suite that the hotel actually has.

Doesn't make things any better or worse, just another data point.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:15 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

RESOLVED!

After a polite email sent to the hotel's General Manager he responded within 24 hours to say that he will investigate and within 48 hours acknowledged that their different systems have different room descriptions. He has agreed to honour the original reservation to a King Spa Suite.

Full credit to his sense of customer service, and efficient dealing with the matter.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:20 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
I'd a similar issue with the Hilton Sydney. They claimed it was a mistake price and wouldn't be honoring it. I took screenshots and they finally agreed. At check-in, the check-in agent, who presumably didn't know the full story, just said we're upgraded you to the Presidential Suite...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.