Hilton Adelaide {AUS}

Old Oct 11, 2004, 4:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"I am HH Gold and SGP Gold. Does the Hilton Adelaide have a lounge, upgraded rooms? I am not sure to which hotels in SYD or MEL to look at."

The Hilton in Adelaide does have a lounge with a free drink in the evening from 5pm plus snacks from 5:30 - 7:30. The executive rooms are quite nice.

In Melbourne, the hotel I would recommend is the Grand Hotel which is located on Spencer Street at the corner with Flinders Street. An excellent hotel. I spent a year living there in one of the 2 bedroom apartments and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Dave
Old Oct 15, 2004, 3:34 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Smile

Originally Posted by SAnger3494
Any updates or current thoughts on this Hotel? I am traveling in Augsut 05 and looking into staying there and Sydney and Melbourne.

Thanks again for any help and thoughts

SCA
You should enjoy Adelaide.Just stayed at Hilton Adelaide and it is in a great spot.As well a free CBD bus with a stop not far from the front door of the hotel.
Barossa can be done as a day trip easily from Adelaide.The other great day trip is to the Adelaide hills just 30 minutes from the hotel by car-have lunch at Bridgewater mill-you should book however.It is also home to Petaluma,one of the best premium lable wines in Australia although now owned by one of our large copanies.
Also atrip to Glenelg on the tram which leaves just in front of the hotel is worth considering.
Just around the corner from the hotel in Gouger street is the BBQ City-one of the best value asian restaurants in Australia-Peking duck $US25.Try the scallops or oysters in Ginger and shallot sauce if up on the specials board.
Am HH gold but didnt get upgrade but did get full buffet breakfast for stay-have a great trip.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 7:46 pm

Programs: SQ, HHonors, Priority Club
Just stayed there 2wks ago on a customer's corp rate and was upgraded to exec floor (am gold) and found that the main diff between rooms on exec and non (my colleagues were in non-exec) was that bathrooms have separate shower/tub. Not sure if it matters to you but it does to me.
Got in too late to see how lounge was, so sorry no advise there.

Do make sure you get lounge access. My colleagues breakfast was A$30 which to me was unreal

My only gripe was no free internet access there.

As others have said, very well located. Chinatown just round the corner too.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 7:49 pm

Question Hilton Adelaide

Which room is best? The King de luxe plus or the Queen executive? Actually I would prefer a King executive, but somehow it is not offered.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 5:09 am

The queen executive room gives you lounge access-in australia the lounge is usually called an executive lounge.
If gold or diamond in australia you will often be upgraded to the executive level with lounge access-though on my one stay in adelaide the hotel was said to be full-but got full buffet breakfast for 2 instead and personally I would rather have the king bed.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 1:37 am

Hilton Adelaide

Hey guys

Is there anyone who stayed with Hilton Adelaide??

Please advise of facilities and kindness of staffs...They give upgrade for members? or any benefits??

Cheers
Old Jun 9, 2005, 2:48 am

Stayed there last september as gold.No upgrade but breakfast in the restaurant for 2.Room was still large and comfortable and position is good.Quite a few asian restaurants in gouger street in the same block as the hilton.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 2:57 am

Stayed there last sep too as gold on a cheapo corporate rate but got upgraded to top floor (18th floor) and breakfast at the lounge.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 12:39 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Room upgraded. Lounge is very nice (and with great staff) - free drinks and canapes in the evening, brekkie in the morning.

As with most australian hiltons, a free bottle of wine plus a couple of chocolates and fruit (and the usual water). These are for gold and diamonds (and sometimes for everyone when there is a special promotion).
Old Jun 9, 2005, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haven't stayed there but when in Adelaide in February during a tour of the city (which is beautiful by the way) they said when you take a taxi be sure and say Hilton International or they may take you to this little hole in the wall hotel which is called The Hilton Hotel. The tour said Hitlon Intl tried to get them to change the name but they had the name Hilton Hotel before Hilton Intl did so they got to keep it per Australian Law.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 11:01 pm

Programs: QF, Virgin Australia
Stayed at the Adelaide Hilton for a night this week, originally given a standard room but was upgraded to an executive floor room (which gives lounge access) once I reminded them of my gold status (staff were very apologetic). Lounge is great, with attentive staff, free drinks in the evening and buffet breakfast. Anyone with status staying there should request an executive floor room as they are far nicer than the standard rooms (based on the 5 minutes I spent in the latter).
Old Jun 9, 2005, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA LPLT, SQ Gold, QF, BA, UA, AS NB, Bonvoy LPLT, HH Gold
I stayed 3 or 4 times a year until I couldn't bear the rooms any longer. The standard rooms are TERRIBLE, for a hilton, most of the couches were so filthy I wouldn't sit on them. Bathrooms very 70's.

I recently reached Gold and the last time I stayed there I got an exec room (after pointing out to the desk guy that I was gold not blue as their computer apparently stated) - no complimentary wine or water or chocolates despite raising the concern with manager. BUT the rooms are 1000% on the standard rooms.

I'm there next week and hoping things are better in terms of recognition but will wait and see.

Location is good and I would echo the post about clarifying to taxi driver which Hilton you are talking about - I've been driven to the wrong one before but not really a worry as they are only 5 minutes drive apart and you certainly won't get out of the cab at the less salubrious one (you'll realise it's a mistake straight away, if for no other reason than the missing 16 floors!)

Paul
Old Jun 10, 2005, 10:18 am

Stayed there in April 2004. Walked in off street - got a good rate and upgrade to exec floor (I'm a Diamond). Nice suite, great view. Only downside was expensive parking.

All in all, a very acceptable experience.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 6:24 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, HH Blue, SPG PLatinum
Angry Hilton Adelaide

The last time I stayed at this property was November last year, there was the Xmas parade outside the hotela nd I had to drag my bags to the front door as the road past the hotel was blocked. I also had to fight my way through the crowd up the stairs (being used by people to watch parade). Needless to say there was no greeting or welcome at all. Besides the obvious OH&S issues, I expect that a 5 star hotel should be better organised and should be considerate of their guests. I received a standard apology letter weeks later.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 2:53 am
Original Member

Help with Hilton Adelaide Question

Hi all

I am going to Adelaide around April 18th and I have a stack of Hilton points to redeem. This is my first time redeeming points for a Hilton Hotel stay so I would be grateful for some help.

First, I will probably be driving to Adelaide so I will need somewhere to park my car. I have heard that the Valet Parking costs $30 a day. Can I redeem points for valet parking? If not is there somewhere cheaper nearby that I could park my car?

Next concerns room bookings. I will have myself, my wife and two young children with me. I understand that I can user the point stretcher system and get a room for only 15,000 points during April (cool). However I would like two beds so as to accommodate my kids. How many extra points does an extra bed cost?

Also I note that you can get a 2 for 1 voucher for use in the Hilton restaurant. Is there some way one can exchange points for an entire meal?

Finally are there any free upgrades to Gold going at the moment?

cheers Peter

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.