Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Woodbridge {US-NJ} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2002, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum

Good Morning,

Has anyone ever stayed at this hotel? I got it on priceline for $47 and staying there tomorrow.

Chris
Old Sep 20, 2002, 8:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
Woodbridge location has a decent location if you need to be around the area.

The hotel has not been kept up as well as it could be, but the service is always fine and the restaurant is o.k. I'm normally upgraded, but the rooms are just larger (not necessarily nicer). Never used their exec lounge so not sure what that's like.

A standard Hilton feel to the hotel. Not sure if you had other specific questions about it?
Old Sep 20, 2002, 8:23 am
Original Poster

How is the Gym? Any free breakfast?
Thanks for the comments,

Chris
Old Sep 20, 2002, 8:39 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
Sorry, I've never used the Gym.

I've gotten a nice breakfast buffet in restaurant included in the past, but not sure if that has been part of the rate or I am diamond so not sure if that is why?
Old Sep 20, 2002, 8:52 am

I stayed at this hotel very frequently a couple of years ago. Overall, I was unimpressed. As indicated above, the hotel is not very well maintained and the rooms leave much to be desired.

The one thing that this hotel has going for it is a good gym. It is one of the better gyms that I have ever seen in a hotel. They have treadmills, stairmasters, cycles, a couple of weight machines, a set of free-weights, a sauna, and a pool. If I remember correctly, people who live / work in the area can even buy memberships to use the gym.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 6:37 am

I stayed there the end of August for my fourth stay. Very large room but basic amenties. If you are Gold you get a voucher for the breakfast buffet but it does not include the tip. The buffet is fair. The Hotel is near Metropark which makes an easy ride into downtown Newark.
Old Sep 23, 2002, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Just wanted to provide a quick update on my stay:

Busy evening there with some parties going on, but very nice checkin people. Got a very large room with a desk that was huge. Had a bit of an issue dialing into AOL with my laptop until i realized they hadn't turned my phone on for long distance (or to even dial local calls).

I thought the gym was ok, I had spent the day at the beach, but did check it out.

Very decent buffet breakfast, got free coupons without asking.

I heard them talking about a problem a "gold guest" was having, so it was clear that status means something at the hotel, and were very compliant.

Chris

Old Sep 23, 2002, 10:34 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I too was there this past Sat night, rounding out my 50,000/4 stay requirement. As a Gold, I was given what I at first thought was a suite, as it was at the end of the corridor with a double door. It turned out to be just a very large room on the end. I was on the 'Bounceback' rate, so breakfast was included. I didn't notice (nor was I told of any Executive floor)-- I was on 8. All in all, it was ok, but not great. A point to note, while yes it is close to the main Metropark train station and very close to the GSP, there is nothing else within walking distance, so a car is definatley needed.
Old Sep 23, 2002, 10:54 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Hey mauld, I've had that same room as a Diamond so don't feel bad. Actually, I didn't like that room at all. Large, but too much wasted space. The hotel is badly in need of refurbishment, in my view. The lobby is quite nice, but the rooms have seen better days.
Old Sep 23, 2002, 2:30 pm

anyone know of any special rates for that hotel? Trying to finish CNTU without spending too much.
Thanx
Old Feb 11, 2004, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP / 1.7 MM, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Hilton Woodbridge

Has anybody stayed at the Hilton Woodbridge in Iselin, NJ? Looking for reviews. I didn't find anything in a quick search. Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2004, 9:13 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
Past posts are not very encouraging:

Woodbridge Hilton, Iselin, NJ
Somerset E. Brunswick area which hotel?
Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP / 1.7 MM, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MikeLaw:
Past posts are not very encouraging:

Woodbridge Hilton, Iselin, NJ
Somerset E. Brunswick area which hotel?
</font>
Thanks for the info. Looks like E. Brunswick for me!
Old Feb 11, 2004, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
FYI -- There are lots of great restaurants in downtown New Brunswick, only a couple of miles north on Route 18 from the E.Brunswick hotel.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 7:05 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, UA Prem. Ex., AAdvantage Gold
Hilton Woodbridge (NJ)

Greetings everyone!

Quick question, has anyone had any good experience with the Woodbridge, NJ Hilton (by Metropark). Every time I have been there, I never get upgraded (availability I can understand...but every time?), I have even physically showed them my HHonors Gold card despite it being on my folio and was told that "there was nothing that really can be done unless you're a Diamond", and apparently that includes breakfast comps.

I was just curious if anyone else had the same problem, it is like pulling teeth to get anything out of that one hotel.

On a sidenote... the Hiltons in Parsippany, Short Hills, and the Hilton Boston Back Bay bent over backwards and went out of their way to please Gold VIP members. I would def. recommend them!

Happy travelling all and a Happy holidays to everyone!
-Tom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.